FINALLY found the holster design I want BUT I want it in kydex....Help please

This is a discussion on FINALLY found the holster design I want BUT I want it in kydex....Help please within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey guys, can yall help me out here..?? Who are a few of the top Kydex holster makers that are easy to work with when ...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By rednichols
  • 1 Post By seanth468
  • 1 Post By Bozz10mm
  • 1 Post By cbthedookie
  • 2 Post By luke213
  • 1 Post By chiefjason
  • 1 Post By luke213

Thread: FINALLY found the holster design I want BUT I want it in kydex....Help please

FINALLY found the holster design I want BUT I want it in kydex....Help please

Hey guys, can yall help me out here..??

Who are a few of the top Kydex holster makers that are easy to work with when it comes to ordering a custom holster. I say custom but the design is very common and basic, I just wanna tweak it a bit. I'm just glad I finally found a design and cant I like, etc. Just wish it only didn't come in leather. Is it considered rude to take someone else's design to another maker just because said maker specializes in a particular material or carry method that an individual prefers. I guess all the designs have been copied by now though, so it only seems logical that it would be completely normal to do so...lol

I've been checking quite a few kydex holster makers but have no clue who is g2g and who to steer clear of even with all the research I've done. I just don't wanna deal with some hard azz who is impatient and won't take the time to listen to me. I'll eventually just start making my own but for right now I wanna buy my first one and go from there.

thx buddies.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Czombie View Post
    I guess all the designs have been copied by now though, so it only seems logical that it would be completely normal to do so...lol
    Omg, say it ain't so, Joe :-0

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Czombie View Post
    Hey guys, can yall help me out here..??

Who are a few of the top Kydex holster makers that are easy to work with when it comes to ordering a custom holster. I say custom but the design is very common and basic, I just wanna tweak it a bit. I'm just glad I finally found a design and cant I like, etc. Just wish it only didn't come in leather. Is it considered rude to take someone else's design to another maker just because said maker specializes in a particular material or carry method that an individual prefers. I guess all the designs have been copied by now though, so it only seems logical that it would be completely normal to do so...lol

I've been checking quite a few kydex holster makers but have no clue who is g2g and who to steer clear of even with all the research I've done. I just don't wanna deal with some hard azz who is impatient and won't take the time to listen to me. I'll eventually just start making my own but for right now I wanna buy my first one and go from there.

thx buddies.
    It depends on what you are looking for. The holsters I use combine features of the Brommeland Max-Con V, the VMII, the Secret City K-25, the Midworld Ohio Special, plus a couple features I have added.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Old Faithful will sell you the kydex form that fits your particular weapon, for less than $10; as well as the mounting hardware. Springfield Leather Company in Springfield,MO sells on-line/in store, or by phone; and has a large supply of leather, and supplies. Given these two great sources, I have made several holsters that fit my specs,for a very reasonable amount of $$$$$. If you are then dissatisfied, you have only yourself to blame.

Try White Hat Holsters.
    Czombie likes this.

FirearmHolster.com It's a hybrid, leather and kydex. Alien Gear Holsters too. Both excellent and reasonably priced.
    Czombie likes this.

I'm not sure the other suggestions will support a custom kydex holster, and many of those makers focus on hybrids...

I'd suggest contacting Chris at greenforcetactical. I purchased a Velcro backed holster for an edc bag, and he was flexible, fast, and great to work with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Czombie likes this.

Just a thought sometimes the rigs that work well with leather do so because they are designed around the attributes of the material itself so it may or may not lend itself to a kydex version. What I would do is post what sort of design your looking for, someone may know of a variant or a version already being produced in kydex.

Luke
    Czombie and BamaT like this.
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Also, the big names probably don't have time unless you have the $$$$. And the guys that have the time and will do it you've probably never heard of. One off stuff is time consuming.
    Czombie likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by luke213 View Post
    Just a thought sometimes the rigs that work well with leather do so because they are designed around the attributes of the material itself so it may or may not lend itself to a kydex version. What I would do is post what sort of design your looking for, someone may know of a variant or a version already being produced in kydex.

Luke
    I really like the design look of the back skin/bottom line from highnoon but in a possible kydex or hybrid for OWB carry. I want to carry in the 4-5 o'clock position with a 35-40 degree cant. Maybe a leather back with kydex front...?? Tried out a few different positions with my PPQ these past few days while at home and working on the farm and this position was very comfortable and worked the best. I ran a chainsaw, drove tractor, and did some brush cleaning and wasn't bothered one bit.

I just want to keep it as slim/sleek/lightweight as possible and that's what I really like about the back skin. Would also prefer clips as well so I can slip the holster off and on.

Holster will more than likely be for the cm9.

Well that rig is more less by the looks a modified Avenger style of small of the back holster, when you move it up to less cant I think you'll find it's more akin to the normal avenger rigs around but likely the trailing loop will be closer to the body of the holster. That all said, 35-40 is pretty dang aggressive for cant for most normal carry methods even at 4-5 o'clock, I'd suggest looking into the 25-30 range more so because you'll find allot more options and the reason for that is it works for more people. I've built more aggressive rigs myself for very large guys who happen to be shaped differently than most of us but even in those cases most of them would be better served by a less aggressive cant.

I'm not sure you'll find anything much with clips for OWB either, it's not a common option for most rigs because clips are seldom designed to go that direction, rather than IWB(facing away from the body rather than towards). You might find an option for snaps that will fit your need but I think either is going to bulk up the rig more than you'd like.

So not allot of good news and to top it off I've never seen anyone make a kydex Avenger style because it's one of those that lends itself to leather because of the back loops, you could do something like it in a hybrid I guess, but I'm not sure your really gaining anything at the end of the day with that setup. I will say for my own purposes doing the same sort of things running the chainsaw etc etc, I find a mostly standard pancake rig(for me my Crossroads rig, but there are lots out there), works well in all of those situations as long as there is enough cant to carry far enough to the rear to keep it out of my way. I tend to carry further towards the rear when working in the woods just to keep from bumping it as much with my elbow or hitting it with wood etc. Maybe something in a Raven style rig might work well for ya if looking for a kydex type of rig with a pancake style of attachment.

Take care!

Luke
    Czombie likes this.
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

^^^^Thx Luke213, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my posts. Ya helped clear some things up for me and actually gave me an idea.

thx again I appreciate it.

thx to everyone else who responded as well. Everyone's posts were helpful.

AlienGear and Old faithful are like a 15 minute drive from my house.

Links