Recommendations for the perfect belt

This is a discussion on Recommendations for the perfect belt within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a nylon belt (leather is a totally separate discussion, one which I have actually had on this forum before, this is ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: Recommendations for the perfect belt

I am looking for a nylon belt (leather is a totally separate discussion, one which I have actually had on this forum before, this is not that) with the following specifications:

-Polymer reinforced. This is a deal-breaker.

-1.5" wide

-Has some sort of quick-release buckle/mechanism like a cobra buckle or something, but even just a simple plastic one will do because I don't plan on using it to tow my car anytime soon. I don't want the "instructor" type buckle where you have to thread it through every time. I want the kind where you set the tightness once, leave it set, and then clip it closed or open every time you want it back on again.

I have these specifications mainly because I want this to be a dual-purpose belt. I want to be able to wear it for everyday use if I want, but I also am beginning a "war belt"/"battle belt" system and I want to be able to use it as an inner belt for that as well. I don't want to be threading through a buckle every time I don my war belt, I just wanna slap it on and click I'm in business. I'm going for a "minute man" type setup, just a super quick, easy, ready to go belt rig ready in seconds.

I also want this done as cheap as possible and the absolute best would be the ability to purchase it on amazon.com because I get gift cards every now and again... although that's not a deal breaker.

This seems like a pretty typical want but it's actually pretty hard to find! Only because I am trying to find the cheapest I can get without sacrificing quality.

I appreciate your recommendations on this. I normally don't ask unless I've had some trouble searching!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar

I heartily recommend the Emdom CM belt. I have two and would buy another if I could find a need. It fits all of your criteria and with the optional hip pad is a great foundation for a battle belt.

http://prostores2.carrierzone.com/se...a/Detail?no=68

No affiliation. Just a happy customer.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    There are as many perfect belts as there are belt owners, you will have to find yours.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I just licked up a 5.11 tactical, the reversable double layered one. Got it at gander mountain for 25 bus and I'm really happy with it. Fits my belt loops perfectly and makes my iwb holster feel like its not there. I hate to admit but after putting both on, I stood and shook my ass in my wife's face to show her how secure my holster was haha. I think for the price and for me, the ability to touch it and try it on, the belt is well worth it!

I just picked up a 5.11 tactical, the reversable double layered one. Got it at gander mountain for 25 bus and I'm really happy with it. Fits my belt loops perfectly and makes my iwb holster feel like its not there. I hate to admit but after putting both on, I stood and shook my ass in my wife's face to show her how secure my holster was haha. I think for the price and for me, the ability to touch it and try it on, the belt is well worth it!

I don't know what the exact definition of "polymer reinforced" is, and this company doesn't describe this belt that way, but it's nice and stiff. Volund Gearworks. I have the G-Hook belt, and I like how low profile it is, although it's probably not as quick to put on as the cobra buckle.
    Last edited by arjae; January 17th, 2014 at 07:13 PM.

"Perfect" is a purely subjective appraisal. We get to the objective justification only when we're defending our personal choice. Both Blackhawk & 5.11 offer models that meet your criteria. Past that, let your OWN evaluation determine perfection.
    arkansas_matt likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links