Bladetech Eclipse OWB Holster

This is a discussion on Bladetech Eclipse OWB Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone using a Bladetech Eclipse OWB holster for their Glock? I am thinking about getting one of these for cold weather concealed carry (i.e. plenty ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bladetech Eclipse OWB Holster

Bladetech Eclipse OWB Holster

Anyone using a Bladetech Eclipse OWB holster for their Glock? I am thinking about getting one of these for cold weather concealed carry (i.e. plenty of cover garment) for my Glock 27 and also to use when I take a 2-day training class in May where there will be a lot of drawing from the holster required. Just wandering if anyone has positive or negative feedback.

Currently my OWB holster is a Galco M7 Matrix which I like because of the easy on/off convenience which is important to me during the week when I can only carry to/from work and then need to lock it in my vehicle when actually at work. But, I think a holster with a bit more cant and adjustable retention would be good when I don't need the convenience factor. So even better would be direct comparisons between these two. The Galco conceals well enough, but I think more cant would help, and thinking permanent loops may allow a tighter fit to my body then snap loops. Although I admit the snap loops are pretty good. Oh, the other thing I want to improve, is coverage of the front sight, which the Galso does not have, but the Bladetech appears to have.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    -dgunnut

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I have one. Works well. The only issue I have is that the belt loops don't really work so well. If you use a non-leather flexible belt like you would wear with tactical pants at a gun range, there is no problem, but if you have a higher quality leather belt that isn't as flexible, it does not fit flush against your body.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I have one. Works well. The only issue I have is that the belt loops don't really work so well. If you use a non-leather flexible belt like you would wear with tactical pants at a gun range, there is no problem, but if you have a higher quality leather belt that isn't as flexible, it does not fit flush against your body.
    I have a better belt which is a high quality leather belt so maybe I will have a problem with the not holding close to the body?

I've to two of 'em, one for the 1911s, one for the CZ75. The one shown here is for the 1911.
    Top pic is with the 'DOH' (dropped, offset) mount, which lowers the gun about an inch and moves it outboard from the hip a little. Great for range use, but not legal for most sanctioned competition in any but the open divisions.

Bottom pic is without the DOH, but still with the neat tek-lock attachment feature.

Note to self: improve photo editing capabilities, or lose weight!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I've to two of 'em, one for the 1911s, one for the CZ75. The one shown here is for the 1911.
    Top pic is with the 'DOH' (dropped, offset) mount, which lowers the gun about an inch and moves it outboard from the hip a little. Great for range use, but not legal for most sanctioned competition in any but the open divisions.

Bottom pic is without the DOH, but still with the neat tek-lock attachment feature.

Note to self: improve photo editing capabilities, or lose weight!
    Those photos appear to be a different holster than what I am looking at.

Here is a photo of the holster I ordered:

Yep, ordered it today.

How cold of weather? Just wondering since some of the poly holsters can have issues exposed to the elements when it get's really cold. I've got a customer of mine in Alaska with a Serpa that won't use it anymore, was having significant issues with not being able to release the gun below zero outside with it exposed. I've heard some other issues with breakage on some parts depending on what type of material is used. Kydex does get more brittle like anything at lower temps and it's unlikely to be an issue but something to at least think about if your going to use it exposed in the elements if it get's really cold. From Wisconsin you run the gamut a little some area's are pretty mild but if you're up north(just south of me;) then it might be more of an issue.

Either way just read cold and figured I'd mention it, since you may or may not have considered it.

Take care!

Luke

Oh and I'm not picking on kydex because I'm actually talking about any poly holster, heck even leather and other materials can be more brittle etc in the cold just something to think about if you google around you'll find some guys who've had issues in the past.
    I am the owner/proprietor of www.adamsholsters.com Custom holsters made for you. To contact me please use E-mail rather than Private Messages, luke@adamsholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by luke213 View Post
    How cold of weather? Just wondering since some of the poly holsters can have issues exposed to the elements when it get's really cold. I've got a customer of mine in Alaska with a Serpa that won't use it anymore, was having significant issues with not being able to release the gun below zero outside with it exposed. I've heard some other issues with breakage on some parts depending on what type of material is used. Kydex does get more brittle like anything at lower temps and it's unlikely to be an issue but something to at least think about if your going to use it exposed in the elements if it get's really cold. From Wisconsin you run the gamut a little some area's are pretty mild but if you're up north(just south of me;) then it might be more of an issue.

Either way just read cold and figured I'd mention it, since you may or may not have considered it.

Take care!

Luke

Oh and I'm not picking on kydex because I'm actually talking about any poly holster, heck even leather and other materials can be more brittle etc in the cold just something to think about if you google around you'll find some guys who've had issues in the past.
    Good point about the cold I bring my holsters in from the outside, just leave the gun in the cold.

Sr40c.jpg

I have one and love it (though not for a Glock.) Almost conceals as well as my Desantis mini-slide. It's not quite as comfortable to me as leather, but I still like it. I use a Blade-Tech Looper belt and though it's not the easiest to thread through the holster loops....it's not bad. Mine holds plenty close to the body to conceal under an untucked button-down shirt.

Here's mine, note...they don't actually make this for the SR40c so it's semi-custom.

Quote Originally Posted by dgunnut View Post
    Those photos appear to be a different holster than what I am looking at.
    Whoops, you're right. This is their "Black Ice" holster.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have one for my Glock 30 and love it! I usually use it in the IWB mode, but on occasion, such as when camping, I will put it back to the OWB mode. OWB does not conceal as well as IWB (duh!), but is still good enough for casual carry where nobody will be looking for your CCW. If I was rich, I'd have one for all my GLocks!

Received it today. Initial impressions are I like the retention and draw. Not crazy about the belt loops. Would like a higher ride and more cant. Should be a good range holster or when wearing large cover garment. Photos to come.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

Photos

I have this holster for my shield and like it a lot.

Some photos with it on:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links