Looking for specific holster for ruger Sr9C

This is a discussion on Looking for specific holster for ruger Sr9C within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im looking for an IWB holster that has a steep cant because I have a small frame and bony hips. I have been carrying without ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Looking for specific holster for ruger Sr9C

Question Looking for specific holster for ruger Sr9C

Im looking for an IWB holster that has a steep cant because I have a small frame and bony hips. I have been carrying without a holster but the handle of the gun rubs on my skin and hurts after a while. If I can find a holster that covers up the handle of the gun that would be awesome. I know some will say just carry with a tucked in shirt but i hate tucking in my shirt and that wont work during the summer. I really like the looks of the crossbreed holsters but the leather doesnt cover the gun handle. Does anyone know of a holster like this or have any opinions for me? Any help or criticism is appreciated.

-Nick

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by someone11 View Post
    Im looking for an IWB holster that has a steep cant because I have a small frame and bony hips. I have been carrying without a holster but the handle of the gun rubs on my skin and hurts after a while. If I can find a holster that covers up the handle of the gun that would be awesome. I know some will say just carry with a tucked in shirt but i hate tucking in my shirt and that wont work during the summer. I really like the looks of the crossbreed holsters but the leather doesnt cover the gun handle. Does anyone know of a holster like this or have any opinions for me? Any help or criticism is appreciated.

-Nick
    Gotta say carrying without a holster is something to avoid if at all possible. If you need something cheap and functional in the meantime before you find a really good holster, I'd suggest a Remora of the proper size. It's just a sleeve with a really grippy outer surface that holds the gun securely against your clothes, and most importantly, covers the trigger. It should work just fine with an SR9C, costs maybe $25, and if the grip still bothers you, an undershirt could get you by.

One option for a more comfortable holster would be a Sneaky Pete. They make what look like large cell-phone cases that completely enclose the gun on your waistband. I believe they make a nylon version for about $40, which would be my preference, as it does not seem to have the shiny "SP" logo on the outside.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

N82 holsters are known for being some of the most comfortable holsters on the market, and will protect your skin from the handle of the gun. I don't own one, so I can't comment on exactly how steep you can get the cant, but the N82 professional model holsters have adjustable cant. The original N82 models don't have adjustable cant.
    RUGER
    Ghost1958 likes this.

I was going to suggest this holster as well. I don't own one either but the backing does keep the entire gun off of your body. I don't like the idea because I think it would interfere with my draw. That is the only one I can think of that I have seen that keeps the entire gun off of your body. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by jenatron View Post
    N82 holsters are known for being some of the most comfortable holsters on the market, and will protect your skin from the handle of the gun. I don't own one, so I can't comment on exactly how steep you can get the cant, but the N82 professional model holsters have adjustable cant. The original N82 models don't have adjustable cant.
    RUGER

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Jenatron and Compa beat me to it. I would say the N82 holster as well. Now, I don't own one for the same reason you would probably like this holster. Lots of material to cover up the gun but that is too much material for me and I prefer a combat cut on my holsters.

I have a real nice IWB leather holster for sale from MTR Custom Leather. It doesn't have an adjustable cant but it has the sweat shield to protect your body from the slide rubbing you. I paid $70 for it back in December and will take $30 for it now. traded my Ruger SR40C in for a Glock 23 so I don't have a need for it any longer. I will say it was the most comfortable holster that I have worn. WTS: MTR Custom Leather Dual Carry Holster for Ruger SR40c (KY)
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Recruiter

I really like that n82 holster, I think the cheaper one has enough cant. If not I bet I could send it back and get the other one. Jmattingly, thats a nice holster but it doesnt have enough material by the handle to cover up any rubbing.

The other option I was thinking about was ordering some leather and stuff to make my own holster. But I have no idea where to go to get all of what I need. Could anybody chime in on this idea?

-Nick

I carry my sr9c in a N82 professional and I like it a lot. I keep the retention screw a little loose which allows me to easily adjust the cant depending on my position ie sitting in the car. While I am the opposite spectrum from a skinny guy it is very comfortable and easy to use once you are used to the "twist" feature to draw.

20130607_121837a.jpg DSCN4634b.jpg DSCN4718c.jpg DSCN4719c.jpg IconDraw 2.jpg

My Ruger SR40C in a 3Speed Holster No Part of firearm touches my skin. (I do wear a tank top Tee shirt under it, Then Holster Rig, then outer shirt ) I wear it in HOT Gulf Coast Texas Summers (Spring & Fall too sometimes) in drawstring shorts and tees, but also great in jeans and tees)
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

N82 Professional will not disappoint. Adjustable cant, tuckable if necessary.
    Also a Remora with a full sweat shield is always good to have.
    Love mine.

Just got the wife a N82 original version for her SR9c. She was having the same problem once she went from OC to CC just having gotten her CCW permit. She loves it. Phone order turn around was called on Thursday afternoon and had the Holster in the mailbox on Saturday. Very very fast shipping.

I also tried it with her gun just to see how it worked. Most comfortable holster ive ever had on and thats a lot of holsters over the years. The extra backing doesnt hinder draw speed at all. Dont think you can go wrong with one. Plus you can carry other similar sized pistols to the sr9c in that same holster.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Alright thanks for the help guys! I got a refund coming from the school here soon and as soon as I get it im buying a holster. I think ill go with the N82, not sure which one yet but I like those holsters.

+1 on N82 -just received my professional model for my SR9C. Awesome comfort and quality

Cleveland Holster - Comfort Fit - ClevelandHolsters

Check out Cleveland Holsters. I don't own one but i do like what they offer. The clips can be adjusted to an extreme cant or slight. I would contact a holster maker if i needed something special before ordering it, just to make sure they can do it.
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

I got my n82 tactical holster in the mail today. Im not sure if I like the idea of the gun locking in because I have to really turn the gun to get it to unlock when its holstered. Is this something that gets easier as the holster gets some use? Im thinking I may like the original holster from n82 better and would be easier for me to draw the gun from. From the looks of the holster it looks like it would have a steep enough cant for me too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links