Who has ordered from RafterS?

This is a discussion on Who has ordered from RafterS? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I have no sympathy because as of this Friday it will be 22 week's I have been waiting for a couple holsters, another 2 ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who has ordered from RafterS?

Well I have no sympathy because as of this Friday it will be 22 week's I have been waiting for a couple holsters, another 2 week's and I am at a half a year, I was told 7-8 week's lead time when I ordered. Not with RafterS but it's the same with all makers, it's just a "predicted" or "Estimated" time of delivery. things happen when you are making holsters and all the other products they offer one at a time.

I do know that the leather business is experiancing difficult times as the tanneries seem to be dropping off one at a time and now and from what I hear down to only one source to get leather. I would say RafterS is being hit with the same problems as the rest are. Even if you get your stuff at the end of the week or even next week that ain't bad at all for custom made holster orders.

Hang in there!

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    No way do you need a stiffener with a Rafters S belt. I have a sharkskin one and as is can hardly fit my holster/mag pocuhes on it as it's so thick! Great belts at a bargain price!!

I ordered a belt from Rafters last year, and was more than satisfied by the product, the response time, and the way I was treated by them. First class. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants a quality gun belt.

I called them today, no answer so I left a message. I have read nothing but good reivews about their products and turnaround time.
    I'm still giving them the benifit of a doubt; material shortage, illness etc may be at play.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    To each his own. I can tell you this much. The rafters leather belt, the XD Tac 45 and Answer holster are not a good match. Belt sags to much. But I am a 36 waist. 36 and larger your better off going with a stiffener (unless all you carry is a mouse gun). You skinny guys can probably make due with the Rafters all others should check out the Beltman or other belts that can be had with a stiffener.

My RafterS Shark belt is a 53", and it's stiff enough for me. I think it's a great value but nowhere near as nice as my Alessi belts or Bulman. Still a great value.

I've noticed that the 1 1/2" width and thickness was not compatible with a 1 1/2" Sparks or a Del Fatti holster. It works with others I have from Alessi, Bulman, Brommeland, and Null. YMMV.

I also ordered an alligator OWB holster from them for my P7 PSP. The fit left something to be desired I thought. I complained politely but they were very defensive. I returned it and they tried to adjust it and after quite a while it made it back but as far as I'm concerned it's still the same. Just a bit off...Tom

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    I complained politely but they were very defensive.
    Yeap... they get real defensive right away.

I got it yesterday! Which surprised the heck out of me, I had called them again Friday and they told me it was going to ship out that day or maybe not until Monday. It was actually shipped on the 4th.
    I'll get some pics and do a better review after I've used it some.

I've two of their belts. One I ordered and one my wife ordered for me as a gift. I found them to be friendly and so'd my wife. As for the belts - they're arguably the best quality belts given their price points available, and that is assuming they give anything up to belts costing much more, which is debatable.

They'll have my repeat business.

Quote Originally Posted by tpdtom View Post
    I've noticed that the 1 1/2" width and thickness was not compatible with a 1 1/2" Sparks or a Del Fatti holster. It works with others I have from Alessi, Bulman, Brommeland, and Null. YMMV.
    My 1.5" RafterS belt (Cowhide) works perfectly with my Milt Sparks VM2 with 1.5" belt loops.

Im debating ordering a slightly smaller belt (I ordered a 38" and I really need something like 36") and cant really decide if I want to go with RafterS again or if I want to go with TheBeltMan.

I just got a Milt Sparks for my SP101 and it was a very tight fit on the Rafter belt.
    Never did post a pic did I?

I ordered my second rig (belt, holster and mag carrier in shark) from them in October and it took quite a bit longer to arrive than the three weeks they told me it would. But as soon as I got it I called right back and ordered two more holsters. Yeah, sometimes things take awhile from them but three weeks is silly fast for custom stuff, six to eight weeks is not too long to wait for quality like their's.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    I have never owned a Rafter S belt, but I visited with Steve and Della last weekend at the gun show here in Dallas. I have met them before and they always have been very personable (well since I have only had indepth conversations with Della I can only vouch for her).

The only items from them that I use are their mag pouches and I have four and each is very good. I do know that they spray on the protective coating instead of dipping but as of yet I havent had any bleeding and one setup I've had for over 8 years.

I did buy one of their holsters last weekend but I'm still not sold on it. It works and the price was right, and it will work till I get the custom one I ordered.

I do suggest that if you call, do it during the week as they often travel to gun shows on the weekends.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I have 2 complete RafterS OWB rigs for a SIG 220 and 239. My sharkskin belt is my favorite piece of leather I have ever had. If something ever happens to it I will immediately buy another one. The mag pouches are nice also. The holsters are well constructed and I use them, but I am starting to look around at other OWB designs that are thinner and hold the weapon tighter to the body. After having tried a couple of tunnel and loop design OWB holsters I will be looking at a design more like the Sparks #60 or the Tucker HF1 next time.

Overall highly recommended for customer service, price, materials, quality construction and the best damn belt I have ever had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links