Who has ordered from RafterS?

Who has ordered from RafterS?

This is a discussion on Who has ordered from RafterS? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ordered a belt and holster from them on Nov. 13th, they told me delivery time would be three weeks. It's been almost six weeks ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Who has ordered from RafterS?

I ordered a belt and holster from them on Nov. 13th, they told me delivery time would be three weeks. It's been almost six weeks now and I've not heard anything from them.
    If it doesn't show up today should I give them a call or just be a little more patient??
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

I have ordered from them before and have an order that I placed last week. The first time I ordered, I had to wait about 6 weeks because of a mix up where I was told they shipped my belt to another customer. Try emailing them and asking about your order. I think they make the best belts out there and it is still worth the extra wait.

Go ahead and drop them an email. They are great folks, and no matter how long your rig takes, you'll be happy with it.

What with the explosion of CCW in the last few years, demand for quality gunleather has gone through the roof. Smaller shops like RafterS have seen their turnaround times jump up dramatically. It's too bad you can't just pick up the phone and have products like these at your door in days, but the waiting is the price you pay for custom craftsmanship. Even though RafterS' wait has increased quite a bit - they are still a lot quicker than some of the other makers who have a wait time of 6-8 months or more!

Give them a call or email to make sure there's no confusion with your order - they'll get you taken care of.

Joe

Gave them a call this afternoon, it is done and will ship out tomorrow. Actually, it was ready to be shipped a few days ago and they realized that they had made the holster for the wrong gun. I'm glad they caught the error before it shipped.

The first time I called I got a recording that said the number had been disconnected. First thing I thought was "Oh, great!".
    The second thing I thought was that maybe, just mabye, I has misdialed the number.

Well I want to order one of the Shark belts from them.
    I figure with Christmas then new years and SHOT . I may as well wait until end of January or early Febuary
    There are no problems in life too large to be handled by the use of small arms and high explosives

In god we trust, all others are suspects

$10.00 transfers in Houston, Texas

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    I have a Rafters gun belt. It's good but it ain't near as good as my Beltman belt with the plastic stiffener. And Rafters will not install a stiffener if you need one. The guy at Rafters got kind of ticked off at me for asking about a stiffener. I won't be buying another one.

I have a Rafter S belt and it's great. Definately does not need a stiffener IMO. Mine took 10 days total to arrive at my door. It wasn't even close to Christmas season though.

I still think Rafter makes the best belts at the best price. I own Beltman, Sparks, and Rosen but the Rafter belts are my favorite. Rafter has more detail in the stitching and I don't think it needs an insert. I own the Beltman Horsehide and it is not as thick as my Rafter belts. The Beltman looks dressier and I do like Beltman's policy of shorting if one loses weight but Rafter is king! Where else can you buy a custom belt and holster combo for $100 shipped?

Got a Rafter S gunbelt and love it. Don't see a need for a stiffener as it's mighty stiff now. Carries a 1911 all day without drooping so no complaints here! Took two weeks to get after they told me 4 to 6. I'll order again!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

They told me 4-6 and I got mine in a week.

Mike

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I have one of their IWBs for a 1911. I had to wait several weeks past what they quoted, and I never heard anything from them during the process.

I rarely carry the 1911, but I love the holster, and I am temped to order one for my G19.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    Hey! Are you guy's all skinny?

Well, my wife hasn't called me skinny fer about 10 years. But after a wake up call at my last physical I am losing weight!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

VIP Member
    I have a 1.25" brown cowhide belt and a 1.5" burgandy shark belt that I really like from RafterS. Neither belt needs a stiffner. I have one of their OWB holsters and will be ordering a couple more shortly. I have always ordered by phone so hopefully there is no mixup.

OK, here it is Jan 3rd. Got my CCL letter from the state today, will pick up my license Friday.
    Still don't have a belt or holster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links