IWB that won't eat holes in pants.

This is a discussion on IWB that won't eat holes in pants. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please read the title. I currently wear a max tuck IWB and the screws eat holes in my pants about every six month. Not good. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: IWB that won't eat holes in pants.

IWB that won't eat holes in pants.

Please read the title.

I currently wear a max tuck IWB and the screws eat holes in my pants about every six month. Not good.

Carry a glock 19, IWB, at 3:30. Work outside all year and need something durable.

It's the screws that wear out my pants.

Help please!

2. Remove Ads

Been carrying for decades, milt sparks summer special one an two are the best I have ever used for a hundred bucks it will last several lifetimes best for the money.

Can the screws be covered? Like with fuzzy (loop) Velcro? Or duct tape?
    WrongRecroom and TN_Mike like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    Can the screws be covered? Like with fuzzy (loop) Velcro? Or duct tape?

Maybe moleskin ?

Or a loop type holster be good such as the mill sparks as mention or galco makes some ..

Or a remore has no metal at all
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I have never had that problem. Weird.

I have hybrid holsters from several makers. Alien, Thies, FoxX...none of them have ever worn any holes in my pants nor ever put any wear on my pants at all.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member
    Been using Wild Bill’s Concealment products for years, never had any problems with wear.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I imagine there must be PLENTY of other holster options for a Glock 19, keep trying!

Get yerself a good leather rig with belt loops, like one mentioned above, and avoid getting "screwed" ...

[QUOTE=OneSilverT;3082596]Please read the title.

I currently wear a max tuck IWB and the screws eat holes in my pants about every six month. Not good.

Carry a glock 19, IWB, at 3:30. Work outside all year and need something durable.

It's the screws that wear out my pants.

Help please![/QUOTE

I have the same problem. I carry a CZ 75 Compact and CZ 82 in two different tuckables, they wear holes in my pants and the belt clips scratch the leather seats in my wife's car. Problem is I really like the setup. I'll be interested in a fix that doesn't leave some sticky residue.

Most of the hybrid IWBs I have seen use flat head style screws. I don't notice any wear on my pants from the screws. I have more issues from my gun causing holes in my shirts.
    ginzo likes this.

I've have both Fist and High Noon holsters and have never had such a problem...a pic of the problem might help.
    FlaRon likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Are you sure it's the screws and not the clips? If they are metal clips it might bet the ends of the clips. The screw is most likely an 8/32, you can look at replacing it. Check it for burrs too.

I make some leather loops that can replace the metal clips on hybrids. Post and loop are all leather. Pull the dot snaps too.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Hm. Sounds more like a fitment issue, as opposed to a holster issue. Can't imagine a properly fitting pair of pants ending up getting worn to the nubs in 6mos based on a decent holstered sidearm.

Have you confirmed it also does the same thing with pants of a different cut/style, or one size larger?

If it does it with everything, then I'd guess the holster could be the culprit. Until then, I'd reconsider what it is about fitment of your pants that does or doesn't allow for proper movement in the course of a normal day. Might simply be too tight, or that you've got a particular type of pants that just isn't as conducive to IWB carry as many others.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member
    I had the same problem with the CBST. Only difference was that it was the muzzle of the gun that made the holes. I'll never buy another holster that doesn't fully cover the muzzle.

That said, I've been using a UBG Striker for the last three years, and it's the most comfortable holster I've ever owned. And no more holes! The only issue i have with it is that it isn't tuckable, which reduces me to off-body carry at work. The boss is very gun friendly, but he'd rather we didn't OC in the office.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Are you sure it's the screws and not the clips? If they are metal clips it might bet the ends of the clips. The screw is most likely an 8/32, you can look at replacing it. Check it for burrs too.

I make some leather loops that can replace the metal clips on hybrids. Post and loop are all leather. Pull the dot snaps too.
    You're right, on mine it is the clips. I thought it was the clip ends pressing on the screw heads but actually the screws are way below the clip ends and there are two small holes on each clip. Nate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links