IWB holster Clint Smith uses

This is a discussion on IWB holster Clint Smith uses within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok saw a video of Clint Smith he is wearing a leather iwb holster leather belt snaps and it looks like the top is reinforced ...

Thread: IWB holster Clint Smith uses

IWB holster Clint Smith uses

Ok saw a video of Clint Smith he is wearing a leather iwb holster leather belt snaps and it looks like the top is reinforced so it doesn't collapse when you draw. Its for a 1911. I have a 3" pro series S&W 1911 and that is the type of holster i am looking for. I know i have seen them just can't remember which manufacturers make them. Any help appreciated.

2. Remove Ads

I only caught a brief peek of it in the one Clint Smith video I've seen, but it looked like Milt Sparks Summer Special, or something very similar to it.

Summer Special
    Summer Special 2

Email the guy and ask him. He seems like a decent sort, so long as you don't waste his time with BS.

Looks to me like my 5 Shot Leather by John Ralston........the best out there...IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl76 View Post
    I only caught a brief peek of it in the one Clint Smith video I've seen, but it looked like Milt Sparks Summer Special, or something very similar to it.

Summer Special
    Summer Special 2
    You are correct, I believe Mr. Smith is a long time carrier of the Milt Sparks "Summer Special".

Quote Originally Posted by coorslight View Post
    Ok saw a video of Clint Smith he is wearing a leather iwb holster leather belt snaps and it looks like the top is reinforced so it doesn't collapse when you draw. Its for a 1911. I have a 3" pro series S&W 1911 and that is the type of holster i am looking for. I know i have seen them just can't remember which manufacturers make them. Any help appreciated.
    You can pick one up for a 1911 at Brownells without having to wait. SEMI-AUTO SUMMER SPECIAL 2 | Brownells

Just my opinion, but even though you have a 3" barrel version (Officer) of the 1911 I would recommend getting one of the longer (Government model) holsters. My experience is that longer holsters carry guns better and are more stable on the belt. YMMV.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    Just my opinion, but even though you have a 3" barrel version (Officer) of the 1911 I would recommend getting one of the longer (Government model) holsters. My experience is that longer holsters carry guns better and are more stable on the belt. YMMV.
    PLUS 1! ...................and if you get another 1911, you can still use that holster.
    "A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that." --from "Shane" (Alan Ladd) -1953

Sparks Summer Special.
    I think, therefore I am armed.

Links