A Better Belt USA belt impressions

This is a discussion on A Better Belt USA belt impressions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know there are numerous similar posts but I wanted to start a new one stating my opinion. I recently ordered and received my Better ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Lee 1973
  • 3 Post By ABetterBelt
  • 2 Post By lyodbraun
  • 1 Post By photoshooter

Thread: A Better Belt USA belt impressions

A Better Belt USA belt impressions

I know there are numerous similar posts but I wanted to start a new one stating my opinion. I recently ordered and received my Better belt USA ultimate gun belt with kydex reinforcement. First off I was extremely impressed with his customer service. I called him so that I could make some modifications to the belt so it was more to my liking. I wanted a shorter belt than normal so when I were it without my IWB it doesn't have as long a tail. After we talked on the phone for some time to get all the details he emailed me the next day to confirm everything he had written down was correct. There was one error which I pointed out.

About 10 days later I received the belt. It comes in a box and wrapped in bubble wrap with a tag attached that has all the specifics of my particular belt.

Once I pulled it out I must say I was very impressed. The finish is very detailed. And boy is it stiff. I thought maybe I had made a mistake getting the kydex. All that being said I do have one problem with the belt. It is TOO thick. I use c-clips from Comp-Tac and they only accommodate a 1/4" thick belt. My belt is 5/16" thick. The clips will fit but it is very hard to get the belt through and I am worried this would damage the belt. I don't know if his unreinforced belts are also this thick but it is something to consider.

So I haven't been using the belt as of yet. I recently found Rich Custom Carry Concepts : Custom Kydex Holsters, from this forum, who said he could make a c-clip to my specific needs. So I ordered some clips yesterday. Once they come in I will be able to use the belt and give a report on it once I have used it.

But based on my initial impression it is much better than my current gun belt that I got from another leading holster maker. It is much stiffer than my current belt ever was. I look forward to actually using it once I get my new clips. I am especially interested in how much of a difference it makes in carrying my holster.

2. Remove Ads

The belts that are not reinforced are a little thinner since there is a kydex liner in the reinforced belt. Not for sure how thick the Kydex is though. Once you wear the belt a while, it really breaks in good. It stays vertically stiff but conforms to you well and it will be easier to buckle. I love my Ultimate Gun Belt. Sorry it was too thick for you.
    ABetterBelt likes this.
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Recruiter

Distinguished Member
    I actually have had very good luck with the Wilderness 5-stitch belts. They should last for years and the customer service is great.

los
    Quote Originally Posted by molleur View Post
    I actually have had very good luck with the Wilderness 5-stitch belts. They should last for years and the customer service is great.
    Yep. Purchased mine around 2006. Still good as new.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by jmattingly73 View Post
    Once you wear the belt a while, it really breaks in good. It stays vertically stiff but conforms to you well and it will be easier to buckle.
    Totally agree with this assessment.

I must admit, I'm scratching my head a little over this one. Normally the Ultimate Gun Belt is just under 1/4" thick. Let me know if your new C clips don't solve this. I will replace your belt with a slightly thinner version.
    Last edited by ABetterBelt; January 28th, 2014 at 11:19 AM. Reason: added information

How about j hooks for your holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Addictedhealer View Post
    How about j hooks for your holster?
    I don't like j hooks since the weight of the holster doesn't rest on the belt. Kinda defeats the purpose of a good gun belt if you ask me. I'll just wait for the c-clips I ordered. In the mean time I guess I could wear the belt around the house to break it in.

Another very satisfied customer of a better belt USA ... I have three of his belts and can't say enough about they quality, customer support... Been wearing mine now for around 2-3 years, and still feels good as the first day, now I've had to add a couple holes to it since I put on some weight... LoL but I love it... Mine are kydex reinforced as well no issues with any holsters or whatnot... Thanks better belt USA ...
    ABetterBelt and Lee 1973 like this.

I recently ordered A Better Belt and have been wearing it every day as a duty belt. I'm very pleased with it and will soon order another.
    Lee 1973 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    I also have a "Better Belt", and I really like it. Mine has the Kydex liner and it works great for me. I use clip-on holsters most of the time.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Links