Crossbreed Super Tuck or Galco King Tuk

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Super Tuck or Galco King Tuk within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am trying to decide between the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe or the Galco King Tuk for my Glock G17 Gen 4. I purchased the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Crossbreed Super Tuck or Galco King Tuk

I am trying to decide between the Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe or the Galco King Tuk for my Glock G17 Gen 4.

I purchased the cowhide Crossbreed a week ago and I have one more week of the Crossbreed " will buy it back trial" and today I purchased the Galco King Tuk at Cabela's so I can wear and compare the two.

I have worn the Crossbreed for the last week on my left side at the 3 to 4 o 'clock position with the forward cant set more forward than how it came. The holster feels pretty good but the back of the cowhide has a rough texture compared to the very smooth back side of the Galco. The Galco King Tuk has the leather cut away very similar to the Crossbreed combat cut which I think I like better because the King Tuk doesn't seem to be as bulky as the Crossbreed. I know that I can cut the Crossbreed leather down myself so it is the same as the King Tuk.

The Crossbreed Kydex holster COMPLETELY covers the entire trigger guard - there is no way anything could get into the trigger area - I really like that. The Galco Kydex holster covers the trigger guard area but you can still see the rear of the trigger which I don't like - maybe I am over thinking this.

For those people that are using the Crossbreed Super Tuck and for those people that are using the Galco King Tuk would you please give me your reasons for liking or dis-liking these two holsters.

Thanks.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Train Hard - Be Safe

Love my crossbreed. I had a cowhide version for my old xd and didn't like it at all. The horsehide is worth the money all day long. It's smoother and seems to form better.

I cut my crossbreed down a little bit to take away weight and bulk. They are a pain in the ass to put on and take off but when wearing it is worth it.

I haven't tried the other brands and I'm sure most are as good. I just like crossbreed and I like the simplicity of their holsters. The added features seem nice on other brands but aren't really worth it in weight.
    gatorbait51 and BillG174 like this.

Tommy Theis holsters.

The same price as the Galco but horsehide instead.
    $25-$35 less expensive than Crossbreed.
    Combat cut standard.
    No crosses on the clips.
    Faster lead time than Crossbreed.
    Best customer service in the business.

I just sold my Galco and am ordering a Tommy Theis tomorrow.
    BillG174 and shadowwalker like this.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Train Hard - Be Safe

Haven't tried the Crossbreed didn't/ don't want to wait weeks for it, got Galco king tuk and like it very much I use it every day. Foxx holsters are also good tried it till I got my Galco

Had a King Tuc for my XD. Loved how comfortable it was and how secure it held my gun. Haven't used a Crossbreed hoster.

I love my Crossbreed! It's the one I tried, fell in love with, and have kept carrying with 99.99% of the time since I've had it. There was 5 days that I didn't carry with it because the kydex had cracked. Contacted Crossbreed, shipped it on Monday had it back that Friday with new kydex, new clips, and new hardware in the same position as I sent to them. Very few other times I haven't carried. Mine is the horsehide with the combat cut, I wear an undershirt.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Six of one, faster shipping with the other....
    Tundra5.7 likes this.

I have both 2 crossbreeds and one Galco king tuk, both crossbreeds are in cowhide not horsehide, after doing research horsehide wasn't worth it to me. I dislike the Galco it's too thick and not as flexible as the crossbreed, and I like rough out on the back, it will smooth itself out to an extent with wear, and it seems to hold the weight of the gun better than the Galco.

As far as the "Crosses" on the clips, who cares? 99% of the time it is under a cover garment and the rest of the time people aren't that intuned to noticing these things, unless your another CC person and you might look for these things and in that case I really don't care if you noticed I'm carrying.

Just my opinion but I won't buy another Galco King tuck, It's built well, almost to well, I think it is too thick and stiff for my liking, I'm not bashing Galco would like to try some of their other holsters sometime just not this model.

I use the crossbreed for my XD 9 and I love it. I got the horse hide but not the combat cut. However, after wearing it and doing practice draws, I cut the top to my own "combat cut". Wear it all day every day tucked and untucked.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

pretty much the same thing, I have both for my g19

I am the person who started the thread. I purchased a left hand Crossbreed Super Tuck and have 5 days left of the 2 week buy it back trial. I bought the regular cowhide and the standard cut because Crossbreed told me that combination would be the most comfortable.

I am really struggling with the comfort issue. My CCW application is in process so I have been wearing the holster with my G17 Gen 4 around the house every day for the last week and when I go out I wear the holster concealed without the gun. I have a very good very thick Galco gun belt to give good support and I wear the holster on the left side between 8 and 9 o'clock. I have not purchased larger jeans so when I put the holster in my jeans and tighten the belt it is a little tight but i would think that is good so the holster doesn't sag. When I walk around with the G17 inserted there seems to be some chafing between the back side of the holster and my underwear in the area near the rivets that hold the Kydex. I have applied saddle soap and also a good leather conditioner to the backside of the leather in an attempt to smooth out the rough texture of the leather which has helped a little.

Everyone on the web says they love their Crossbreed Super Tuck because it is comfortable and the longer you wear it the better it feels.

How long does it take to break in the holster for maximum comfort? Can I do anything to make it more comfortable? Should I send it back to Crossbreed and have them do a combat cut?

Thanks very much for your thoughts.
    Train Hard - Be Safe

I bought the horse hide and it took about 2-3 weeks for the leather to form to my body. I did not have any chaffing at all. I wear it tucked wiitout any undershirt, so the upper part of the horse hide rode against my skin above my belt line. Once it the holster formed around me, it was comfortable. I still know it is there, but I did not have any "discomfort". Sorry, but I don't have any knowledge about the cow hide holster. I wear my at 3:30-4:00 (right handed) so it sounds like you are wearing it at the same place that I am.

However, it was more comfortable on my bare skin once I did my own combat cut, but that was mainly due to the heat. I live in Houston and the heat and humidity cause sweating between my skin and the leather.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I have been carrying a G22, 23 or a 30 in a horsehide crossbreed with a combat cut at 4:00 everyday for 4 1/2 years and it is perfectly comfortable for me. There was a little discomfort and squeaking for the first couple of weeks until it formed to my body. I do recommend this holster to everyone.

As for the Galco King Tuck, I have no experience because I am happy with the crossbreed and have had no reason to try one. They do look well built to me though.

I hope that this helps and good luck to you.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links