Firearm holster or whitehat holster?

This is a discussion on Firearm holster or whitehat holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Two very nice looking holsters. One is more expensive than the other. Worth the price difference? Also cool thing about white hat is I can ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By seanth468
  • 1 Post By De5115
  • 2 Post By saigaguy
  • 1 Post By BlackStallion29

Thread: Firearm holster or whitehat holster?

Two very nice looking holsters. One is more expensive than the other. Worth the price difference? Also cool thing about white hat is I can buy different gun molds for the holster.
    Give me your knowledge. Or even old faithful.

Edit: just looked at alien gear holsters and they pretty much sold me with on their holster. Lifetime trade ins lifetime warranty and even that price! WOW!!!

Distinguished Member Array Tundra5.7's Avatar
    The only hybrid I have experience with is the SHTF holster I bought a few weeks back for my Glock 27. It has been super comfortable and I wonder why I did not try one sooner. Shipping was also very quick. I ordered on the 26th of December and it was on my doorstep January 3rd.

There are several companies making this style of holster and I suspect they are all very good quality, so it probably boils down to personal preference.
    "Never stand and take a charge...charge them too."

--- General Nathan Bedford Forrest, CSA

I have used Masters holsters for a couple of different guns, I like them for the quality you get for the price. The truth is there are somany companies with good holsters you'll probably find yourself trying various makers and styles. However, the search is always enjoyable.

I've had my White Hat for a year now and it's great. I've handled a Crossbreed and the White Hat has nicer leather. Very soft and comfortable. This was the day I got it.
    Tundra5.7 and saigaguy like this.

I have an Old Faithful and a StealthGearUSA holster. If I were to try another hybrid I would try Alien Gear. The price and replaceable shells make it all the more desirable.

I've been running an Alien Gear for the past month or so and it has been great for me. They are backed up about a month right as of now though so hopefully you don't need it ASAP. It is definitely worth the wait.

I love my Whitehat MaxTuck. This was my first hybrid holster and it is by far my favorite and most comfortable of the the holsters I own.

The kickers for me when deciding on which hybrid was first the ability to order different kydex for different models and second the custom designs on the kydex. I got the Gadsen Flag style.
    seanth468 likes this.
    Evil I!
    Wildhorse!
    Battle Born!

You just can't beat the price of alien gear. Sucks to have so many choices sometimes lol. Old faithful makes a bug claim as well.

White Hat is such a great company. Their customer service is top notch. I order the MaxTuck Antique Cowboy iwb holster (combat cut). It fits very well with my fullsize Sig P226 and P239.

DSC_0031_zpsef2c18db.jpg
    DSC_0051_zps88359c9c.jpg
    DSC_0059_zpsd44a6ab3.jpg

EDIT: This is horsehide. Also, I first ordered the P226 and Smith & Wesson MP40C kydex's. I did not like how thick the MP40C felt. I called them up and the women sent a kydex for my Sig P239 for free via USPS priority mail. Great people at White Hat Holsters!
    Tundra5.7 and seanth468 like this.
    NRA Member
    Criminology Student
    Expert in learning :)

I have a firearm holster, I'd say it's pretty nice. Definitely great customer service, haven't used the holster much though because I am still waiting for my permit to arrive. I have heard nothing but good things about alien gear, also check out foxx, seems pretty popular as well.

I've carried a max tuck for 1.5 years now. Very comfortable holster. I two ordered two different kydex pieces to share two guns. This is a great idea, but when I tried to change carry guns, the leather was molded to it me with the other gun, so I kept the original gun in place.

Small gripe that I posted about recently, was rear metal clip/ screw eats my pants. I modified the holster this weekend and hopefully problem solved

Next holster I buy will fully cover the barrel.

I do not regret my purchase.

No matter what I try I just can't get comfortable with IWB.. I have been carrying OWB with just a baggy tee shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet. Gen James Mattis USMC

Very different holsters your looking at. The firearmholster is soft and comfy right out of the box. The stamped variety as in alien, white hat, etc. need to be broken in for several weeks to become as soft as the firearmholster is new. It is sewn with a rubber backing and fleece backing, so edges are finished. Makes a huge difference in comfort....IMO.

I have a few stamped, kydex holsters and gave them a fair chance to be my main carry holster. Firearmholster is by far more comfortable, no sharp edges, kydex edges are smooth, etc, etc.
    Don't let the lower price fool ya, on the firearm...... its quality holster. Having fancy flags on the kydex is useless....to each his own I guess. Save the $30 and buy ammo.

No one ever mentions how much you have to file the leather on the stamped holsters. Maybe I got duds, but the leather edges were really uncomfortable even after a few weeks of wearing.

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    I almost ordered a White Hat holster not to long ago, but I realized I was pleased with the Theis holster I already have.
    Tundra5.7 likes this.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Sponsored Links