New Holster!!!!

This is a discussion on New Holster!!!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday my new holster from Mark at Crossbreed came in the mail. I got an adjustable Super-Tuck, not sure how much I will use it ...

Thread: New Holster!!!!

Talking New Holster!!!!

Yesterday my new holster from Mark at Crossbreed came in the mail.

I got an adjustable Super-Tuck, not sure how much I will use it as a tuckable especially during the winter, but it works just fine as an IWB too, so I decided I might as well get the tuckable in case I do need it. While I was waiting for this one to be made (took just about 8 weeks), I was using a cheap Unlce Mikes IWB. (Thats what the Crossbreed does to the old one.)

The difference is amazing!! With the Crossbreed it barely feels like there is a fully loaded 1911A1 there. I have been wearing it almost every waking hour and it is so much better. Maybe I'll try to figure out my parents digital camera today and post a pic. Anyone who is looking for an IWB that doesnt mind kydex should give crossbreed a look.
    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Congratulations! How is the clearance for the front sight? Unlike Tucker's leather/kydex holster, the crossbreed doesn't appear to have a sight channel built into it. There does appear to be a flared out area so that the front sight won't get caught onto the bottom edge of the kydex part, but no clearance as the gun passes through the rest of the kydex part of the holster.

Am I wrong on this? I've never handled a crossbreed personally, so I'm only going by pics. Otherwise, it appears to be a nice holster, & at a pretty good price to boot.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Well, as I am looking at it right now, there is the flared out part at the bottom, but no sight channel for the other 2 or so inches. The only 1911 i have right now is a Springfield Armory 1911A1, with the stock G.I. sights, which are really low, and I havent noticed any problems with the front sight, or anything else, catching on my draws.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Congrats om the new holster!
    "Dont be afraid to go after what you want to do, and what you want to be. But don't be afraid to be willing to pay the price." - Lane Frost

if you like the tuck and i do. i have found that one of the best is the galco udc (ultra deep cover). a tucked-in shirt will completely conceal your gun. i have two, one right hand, one left hand. i wear the left hand on my right side. i like the handle of the gun pointing froward because i am in the g-ride 80% of my time each day. this way it gun handle does not get in the way of the seat belt.

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Hey Buckeye07, thanks for posting the website. I have never checked these out before, but it looks like the exact holster I've been searching for.

and then with your positive feedback on them, plus the great prices, I gotta say, "I'm sold!"
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

They now have a my models available!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Well, I have only had mine for a few days, but so far not one complaint. I tried tucking it with one of my Western snap-button shirts and it was completely concealed. This holster is great, and for anyone lookin into an IWB that doesnt need all leather, I would reccomend it.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

I have that galco for my walther ppk. Carry at 1:00. It is the best holster I have for concealment.

Congrats...

On your new holster...nothing beats comfort...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have both the udc and the USA Galcos, and they are with me 24/7. The j-hook is the answer. Gun out, holster stays, reholster always easy. Hard to beat. I usually wear MOB....cause I can't see the front.
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!

Links