The Infidel

This is a discussion on The Infidel within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got done looking at this new holster from Comp-tac and I am going to order one right after CHRISTmas. I have read one review ...

Thread: The Infidel

The Infidel

Just got done looking at this new holster from Comp-tac and I am going to order one right after CHRISTmas.

I have read one review of the holster and it was a very good one. And since I have never heard a bad thing about Comp-tac, I have no real worries.

Since I have lost 90 pounds so far it has become so much easier to conceal my gun it isn't even funny and I have found that where before, carrying IWB was very uncomfortable, it is now not uncomfortable at all. So, I have been looking for a good IWB holster and I think I have found it.

Take a look at it:

http://www.comp-tac.com/
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    I don't mean to sound negative, but it looks to me like that has no relief from the gun and/or holster from rubbing the skin. IOW, there appears to be no leather backing. Is that not a concern for IWB carry?
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Lead Moderator
    I wear a t shirt or underarmor shirt for chafe protection with all my kydex holsters. No problems.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

It's not a concern for me as I also wear a tank type of undershirt if I go IWB.

I don't think I would like the feel of leather right up against my skin anyway.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Okay, I wasn't clear. I haven't carried IWB yet, and I am in the holster market also. My concern is that the leather backing on certain models ( like 'The Answer') appears as if it is intended to break up the imprint of the gun against the body so that you wouldn't be poked or chaffed by the thumb safety for example. I wouldn't think anybody would find any holster against bare skin to be comfortable anyway so the t-shirt is sort of a given to me.

Example:

wear a "wife beater" under your shirt and you will not have any problems with the holster.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    ... and congrats on the weight loss! What a difference it makes, huh?
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

I use a Comp-Tac CTAC slide and have no problems at all. It is not uncomfortable in the least bit. It is also adjustable as far as height above the waist and with cant. I can wear it for hours and not be bothered by it. I can almost forget that I'm carrying it. I usually have an undershirt on, but not always and it still doesn't bother me. I also like the tuckable aspect of the holster.

Comp-tac's support is highly rated as well. Good luck with your choice and yes, congratulations on the weight loss. Kudos to you.

Lowflyer,

I think that I understand your question. There is a piece of kydex that extends about 5 cm above the main body of the holster. This separates skin from the gun, which should stop the burrowing of the thumb safety into the skin. I know a couple of 1911 IWB carriers who use the CTAC and report that it is the most comfotable IWB holster they have owned. That said, if a person had Glock, there would wouldn't need to be a thumb safety.

Quote Originally Posted by newmexiglock View Post
    I use a Comp-Tac CTAC slide and have no problems at all. It is not uncomfortable in the least bit. It is also adjustable as far as height above the waist and with cant. I can wear it for hours and not be bothered by it. I can almost forget that I'm carrying it. I usually have an undershirt on, but not always and it still doesn't bother me. I also like the tuckable aspect of the holster.

Comp-tac's support is highly rated as well. Good luck with your choice and yes, congratulations on the weight loss. Kudos to you.

Lowflyer,

I think that I understand your question. There is a piece of kydex that extends about 5 cm above the main body of the holster. This separates skin from the gun, which should stop the burrowing of the thumb safety into the skin. I know a couple of 1911 IWB carriers who use the CTAC and report that it is the most comfotable IWB holster they have owned. That said, if a person had Glock, there would wouldn't need to be a thumb safety.
    Cool. That is the answer to exactly what I was trying to ask. I think everyone would have understood had they seen my hand gestures and subtle facial expressions.

So, what is this "Glock" you speak of? Does Kimber make one?

Quote Originally Posted by lowflyer View Post
    Back to the topic; if anybody owns one of these holsters, I would sure like to see a 360-degree view of it. They certainly look the business.

I can post a pic of the CTAC , but I've got nothing for the infidel. What are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by newmexiglock View Post
    I can post a pic of the CTAC , but I've got nothing for the infidel. What are you looking for?
    No need, I can now see that they have some pics of the inside (body side) on the website. Thanks.

Hi Guys!

I just wanted to let ya'll know that I moved about half of this thread into the "Concealed Carry Handguns" forum, and started a new thread titled "Glocks: Love 'em or hate 'em".
    I did this because we had gotten to the point in which we had totally left the subject of holsters, and moved into the "my gun is better than your gun" kinda discussion that is really off topic for this particular forum.
    Also, please let me say that I'm not anyone here (I was probably the worst offender), it just got to the point in which it was time to change it a bit.
    Now, back to your regularily scheduled program...

Links