Holster or carry method for in a car.

This is a discussion on Holster or carry method for in a car. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have an old Jaguar convertible (XK 120) that gets use occasionally and always with it's top down. Obviously I am open and at risk ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holster or carry method for in a car.

I have an old Jaguar convertible (XK 120) that gets use occasionally and always with it's top down. Obviously I am open and at risk for a car jacking. I try to avoid areas of "increased criminal activity" and do drive in a manner to give me room to escape if possible. However, I live in south Florida and sometimes, traffic is unavoidable as is stopping where you don't want to stop.
    I have firearms that I carry IWV behind the hip bone. They ride right where the seat belt comes through, essentially blocking the gun. Appendix carry while sitting is not only uncomfortable but just as difficult to access the pistol.
    The only idea that I have had, is to use one of the holsters that is like a stretch undershirt with a holster pocket sewn into it. Or a cross-draw holster.
    Anyone have a suggestion that may work? Or if you have knowledge of the undershirt or cross draw in a car type of holster, as to their comfort, speed etc?

Thanks
    Roger

The Carjacker Crossdraw from Andrews Custom Leather

http://www.andrewsleather.com

is the one I am considering - though this may not be suitable for you.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    DeSantis Kingston car seat holster (go to the DeSantis website to see it). I've got one in my truck- under the seat cover, but once you see it, you'll get the idea.

I also think at least one of the holstermakers on this board makes a cross-draw holster just for your application....Andrews leather "crossdraw carjacker", I think, is it.

There Are Several...

holsters from various makers, (a paddle) with adjustable cants...I have one from 'High Noon' that does just this for my Beretta 9000S...

It's a great way to avoid the seat belt...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

My car gun goes into a Wilderness Safepacker that attaches to the seatbelt. It is pretty easy to get to it from there.

I've got the Andrews Leather Car Jacker. Love it, works great for me. Can be worn on belt or seat belt. Just pull your shirt over it. Works like a charm!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

I too was going to suggest a Carjacker from Sam Andrews www.andrewsleather.com .
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    Some form of a cross draw holster is definitely an option. I personally use a Bianchi adjustable paddle holster that I have set-up for cross draw. It slips on & off easily & can be covered by an untucked shirt.

You could check out one of those lightweight shoulder holsters from K.L.Null. Since you're in a convertible, you can wear a wind breaker while carrying it & no one would think anything of it.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

safepacker on the seatbelt or between the seat and console. That should be the 4 wheel vehicle gun. have another on your person in your preferred style of carry.

My safepacker fits nice and my right hand is only inches from it when riding in my 4-wheel vehicle.

south florida, nice all year round. i do miss it. when i livied in miami many mango seasons ago i wore a miami classic shoulder holster. wear a nice t-shirt with a button up type shirt over the rig. eazy to get to your gun while in the car with a shoulder holster on. if the wind is blowing (and it does all the time there) when you get out of the car you only need to button one or two bottom buttons to keep the whole set concealed.

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Does the Jag have a side map pocket in the door? Both of my car has these and when driving my carry gun sits in this area. It is totally concealed to a BG even if they are standing at the window. It does require drawing with the left hand which requires some practice but works very well for me.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Well here's a holster I've been working on for car carry, it is simple on or off yet easy to draw from and conceal while seated.

The paddle slips between your belt and pants and the small nugget slips inside your belt loop.
    Thanks for looking.
    Best, Rhome
    Politicians are like diapers, they should be changed often and for the same reason. ~ Robin Williams ~
    www.desbiensgunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rhome View Post
    Well here's a holster I've been working on for car carry, it is simple on or off yet easy to draw from and conceal while seated.

The paddle slips between your belt and pants and the small nugget slips inside your belt loop.
    Thanks for looking.
    Best, Rhome
    Ohhhhh me likey mucho

VIP Member
    RHOME, How'd you get my gun for that picture, I swear it's never left my side.

(Do you have a picture of just the holster, especially the paddle part?)
    Attached Images
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Rhome View Post

Thanks for looking.
    Best, Rhome
    Whats keeping the whole thing from sliding to the rear? Or does it stay put fairly well? Looks like this wouldn't be suited for walking around just driving, unless you had a heavy coat as it looks to stick out from the body quite a bit, am I correct on this? Nice look'in holster.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links