The first real "trousers gunbelt": my "Chain Lightning" belt now from High Noon

This is a discussion on The first real "trousers gunbelt": my "Chain Lightning" belt now from High Noon within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hopefully the pic with callouts tells the whole story: callouts.jpg And with holster attached: nichols 'chain lightning' gunbelt mar 2014 final (3).jpg nichols 'chain lightning' ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: The first real "trousers gunbelt": my "Chain Lightning" belt now from High Noon

The first real "trousers gunbelt": my "Chain Lightning" belt now from High Noon

Hopefully the pic with callouts tells the whole story:

callouts.jpg

And with holster attached:

nichols 'chain lightning' gunbelt mar 2014 final (3).jpgnichols 'chain lightning' gunbelt mar 2014 final (4).JPG

Despite the unusual shape, which is ergonomic, when worn at the waist the belt appears to be a normal straight belt. To the wearer it's anything but a 'normal straight belt' because there is no pressure at the various trousers belt loops around the waist, so it's 'floating' around the waist within the loops.

It's reinforced with lining leather only at the ideal positions to carry your pistol (so that the muzzle is away from your body) and is so-marked 3-9 o'clock.

Available only from High Noon, price tbd.

nichols 'chain lightning' gunbelt mar 2014 final (1).JPG

2. Remove Ads

I'm in, Red!
    Certified Infidel

Sweet! Will it be available in black? That would be a nice match for the Sirocco you made me last year!
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

TRX
    Harrumph.

Over the years, I've noticed most of my belts assume that curved shape as they approach end-of-life. New belts always felt "square" for a long time. It never occurred to me to make a curved belt to start with.
    NONAME762 likes this.

I like it! Good looking belt and I like the concept. I had to chuckle at the numbers on the top belt. It reminded me of having to put 'L' and 'R' on someone's shoes so they knew what foot to put it on!!!
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

That's nice looking. Might have to look into one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Red (Richard) Nichols - I thought guns were illegal down under?

I really like the belt, however how about a word about the holster shown since it does not appear on High Noon's website?

Man, part of the appeal of your work which goes beyond the apparent craftsmanship, is your attitude.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by sportmaster View Post
    Red uses Blue Guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorly View Post
    I really like the belt, however how about a word about the holster shown since it does not appear on High Noon's website?
    It looks like a Maltese Falcon but Red can tell you for sure.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Thank you for all the feedback. Here's mine: yes, available in black; the numbers -- think of them as schmissen (look it up) but perhaps they will be optional; indeed I'm forced to use blue guns, but all my holsters are field tested in the development stage with real pistols, and each and every pistol checked with the real pistol when received, by High Noon in Florida; the holster is not a Maltese Falcon per se; instead it is a snap-off version of the MF called To Have and Have Not, and is available from High Noon at a price tbd.

The numbers are because "I am artist" and are not meant to tell you where to put your holster; but instead to tell you where you put it "after the fact". The schmissen give the belt a unique purpose. In fact it's otherwise a trousers belt, supremely comfortable. I'll post up a pic of it being worn when my photographer gets home from her day job :-) and it will look entirely straight when worn! In fact you'll have to look closely even to identify even the subtle clues that it's not straight. Hint: the belt will be centred along the waistband, rather than being tugged by the belt loops. In this way it allows the holstered pistol to be "floated" around you.

It looks great! I shall have to get one once you get them ready to go.

"You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." Excellent.

I'll be visiting High Noon periodically until the belt and the the holster appear ready for sale. Thanks for the heads-up about your new products.
    OD* likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Poorly View Post
    "You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow." Excellent.

I'll be visiting High Noon periodically until the belt and the the holster appear ready for sale. Thanks for the heads-up about your new products.
    Was you ever bit by a dead bee?
    Poorly likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

VIP Member
    LOL. I was freaking out over the quality of the craftsmanship. Then I noticed who the OP was.

'Kind of like watching someone do some amazing shooting, and then realizing that it's Jerry Miculek.

Quote Originally Posted by sportmaster View Post
    The grip poking out of that beautiful holster is I believe a Fakeroo. Nice work Red very nice indeed.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links