Kydex owb more cant, higher ride

This is a discussion on Kydex owb more cant, higher ride within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a kydex owb holster with 20 degree or more cant and high ride. And also not a huge amount of material ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kydex owb more cant, higher ride

Kydex owb more cant, higher ride

I am looking for a kydex owb holster with 20 degree or more cant and high ride. And also not a huge amount of material like some have. For a glock 27. I like the looks of xconcealment, but they don't have the cant or ride I want. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    You like xconcealment, have you tried to call them directly the ask if they would do a custom order for you? Most makers will do that sort of thing. Just be specific as to what you want.
    TX expat likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Look at the RM Holster's ECP (extreme cant paddle) - Home Page

Well made, sits high and close, and works well.

Bladetec or fobus. image.jpg this is my g42 great holster easy on an off they have several also fobus has some that are cant adjustable mine was only 39.00

The highest OWB kydex holster that I own is a K2 Fist. The barrel of the gun is even with the bottom of my belt. The fit and finish are mediocre but it works very well. Did have to adjust the trigger guard area to get the retention that I wanted by heating it up with a heat gun and using gloved hand to adjust. They say that is "normal" in the instructions they send with the holster. Took about 6 weeks to get.

JM custom kydex makes a very nice holster that you can order with a high ride. The fit and finish is outstanding but the barrel of the gun will end up below the bottom of the belt. The kydex is fairly thick but molding and retention will be perfect. If you can live with the barrel a little below the belt then this is my recommendation. Takes about 6 weeks.

Both are about $85 with shipping.
    SW

Might try Comp-Tac.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Bladetec or fobus. image.jpg this is my g42 great holster easy on an off they have several also fobus has some that are cant adjustable mine was only 39.00
    I have a blade tech eclipse owb, but that is why I am still looking. Not enough cant and rides too low, otherwise a fine holster.

FYI - what you posted is an iwb for a g42, what this post is for is an owb for a g27?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Wolf View Post
    The highest OWB kydex holster that I own is a K2 Fist. The barrel of the gun is even with the bottom of my belt. The fit and finish are mediocre but it works very well. Did have to adjust the trigger guard area to get the retention that I wanted by heating it up with a heat gun and using gloved hand to adjust. They say that is "normal" in the instructions they send with the holster. Took about 6 weeks to get.

JM custom kydex makes a very nice holster that you can order with a high ride. The fit and finish is outstanding but the barrel of the gun will end up below the bottom of the belt. The kydex is fairly thick but molding and retention will be perfect. If you can live with the barrel a little below the belt then this is my recommendation. Takes about 6 weeks.

Both are about $85 with shipping.
    SW
    I saw the JM custom kydex and liked it except they don't offer the larger cant angle, maybe I'll give them a call to see if they could do one for me.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    You like xconcealment, have you tried to call them directly the ask if they would do a custom order for you? Most makers will do that sort of thing. Just be specific as to what you want.
    That'd be my suggestion. I have an XConcealment OWB and I believe it's a very well crafted holster. It's stood up to a lot of use with no issues.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I don't own one , but i like their concept check out PJ Holsters

G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by dgunnut View Post
    I saw the JM custom kydex and liked it except they don't offer the larger cant angle, maybe I'll give them a call to see if they could do one for me.
    Tony Mayer is the owner. Call him and ask. He has worked with me on "customizing" his standard OWB. I also have a few eclipse holsters and his high ride option is higher and fit and finish is better.

Good luck finding what you want. To me a well designed OWB that rides high is much more comfortable than IWB and is just as concealable.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    The typical Kydex pancake rigs allow you to increase the cant over what is built into the holster by moving the belt loops to different eyelets. One reason pancake holster builders only offer so much cant in the design is because to increase it over more than ~ 15-20* requires you to enlarge the footprint of the holster to accommodate the gun. No one wants a huge hunk of Kydex.

Lower the trailing belt loop a notch or two and you increase the forward cant quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    The typical Kydex pancake rigs allow you to increase the cant over what is built into the holster by moving the belt loops to different eyelets. One reason pancake holster builders only offer so much cant in the design is because to increase it over more than ~ 15-20* requires you to enlarge the footprint of the holster to accommodate the gun. No one wants a huge hunk of Kydex.

Lower the trailing belt loop a notch or two and you increase the forward cant quite a bit.
    How do you know who offers this adjustability? I don't see anyone advertising their owb kydex holsters as adjustable cant or ride height, am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by dgunnut View Post
    How do you know who offers this adjustability? I don't see anyone advertising their owb kydex holsters as adjustable cant or ride height, am I missing something here?
    Foxx holsters allows for adjustable cant in their little foxx holsters. I have two of them. But for as much cant as you are wanting, tou are going to be hardpressed. I am curious why you want such an agressive cant? 20 degrees is right about the limit before you get out of the natursl draw of the human arm. Past that, the mechanics of the draw will be slower as it becomes and un-natural motion, and one that unless you practice regularly, could prove to be detrimental if you reslly needed it. I am not trying to tell you now to do it, its your choice, but here are mechanics involved that some may not take into consideration. As far as the holster goes, to accomodate such an agressive amount of cant, the kydex would have to be quite large to allow for the mounting of belt attachment points that dont end up sitting on the gun itself. Also, such an agressive degree of cant could interfere with your ability to assume a good grip on the gun.

If you find something that works, let us know. I am curious about this now and would like to see how you make out. I can also make a suggestion....Mills Tactical

He does great work and puts out a quality product. I had one of his holsters for my G22 and it was solid. He does custom work, so you could give him a shout and see what he has to say. He is local to me and his holsters are quite popular around here.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links