Defensive Carry banner

Shoulder rig Qs

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  RETSUPT99 
#1 ·
I have some questions concerning shoulder rigs. I've been curious, if I bend over to pick something up while using a shoulder rig such as a Galco Miami, will my carry fall forward or will it stay in place? How secure to the body is the firearm in the holster. Will it move around much? I don't want to get a holster that allows my firearm to 'flap around' if you know what I mean. What is your advice? Thanks!

(I'm planning on trying some out but just want to get an idea)

#2 ·
I wear mine pretty high up under the armpit & tight and "close in" so mine does not move at all. If you wear one lower down then you'll need to get one with a rear back-strap to keep it from moving forward when you bend over OR use a "tie down" which is an adjustable leather strap that snaps over your belt or belt loop.

#4 ·
It depends on the rig. As QK pointed out, it is advisable to keep 'em "high and tight".
There are a lot of shoulder rigs out there to choose from. If I were buying one today, it would be an Alessi Bodyguard. If for some reason I could not get one, then I'd look at the Monarch made by Sam Andrews.
Having said all that, my personal belief is that shoulder rigs are specialty tools, and are really bad news for general defensive use. I would recommend a strong side IWB or OWB long before I would ANY shoulder rig.

#6 ·
I Use One From Fist...

I only wear it when it is a little cooler (FL), and I'm on my Harley. Keeps the waist clear...rides high and tight...(adjustable for layered clothing)...I can bend over, easily, without holding the holster...very stable and comfortable.

OMO

ret:comeandgetsome:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.