Padded wedge for appendix holster?

This is a discussion on Padded wedge for appendix holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking to add a foam wedge to the bottom of my appendix holster as I've seen done on some higher end customs. Does anyone ...

Thread: Padded wedge for appendix holster?

Padded wedge for appendix holster?

I'm looking to add a foam wedge to the bottom of my appendix holster as I've seen done on some higher end customs. Does anyone have any idea where I could find the best material for that and how to attach it to the holster? Walmart camping foam? Something from a hardware store? Improvise from other products? Ideally the foam should form a wedge shape on the side of the muzzle to press the grip of the gun towards the midsection.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Neoprene foam with a section of hook and loop secured to it and the holster.

I use what is left over from my Kydex press. I order it from knife kits.com, DIYholsters.com or index fasteners.

I used a foam piece from Michael's Craft store with Industrial Hook & Loop Velcro. You can cut them to any size you want or need. Foam from Kuzies works also. Walmart has the HooK & Loop and sometimes foam too.

I have even used foam from a foam #1 Fan Finger on my holsters.

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Links