Defensive Carry banner

Holster for a Female

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  APachon 
#1 ·
I am looking to get my wife a new carry rig for her B-day and would like to seek some advice from the ladies in here that carry. She will be getting a new 1911 a la Nighthawk Custom Talon IV. She got to try one out at the SHOW Show and loved it. I am thinking a Watch 6 or maybe a VM2. I have a call in to Tony Kanaley tomorrow to have a lil talk over what he recommends.

~A

See less See more
#3 ·
I get some ideas from that website Bumper but they aren't firearms related. LOL

#4 ·
nice one Bumper. LMAO.

#5 ·
Feel Like Waiting A While ?????????

Matt Del Fatti ~ Custom Holsters
Matt is a doggone genius when it comes to fitting fine holsters to the female form.
The "down side" is that his holsters are true custom & the waiting time is usually in months.
At The Very Least you should visit his site & read his page on holsters for women before you buy any holster from anybody.
And his "PHOTO GALLERY OF HOLSTERS" is absolutely fantastic.
All "gun people" (male or female) should check out his photo gallery iffen you appreciate Ultra~Fine Leather Holsters! WOW!
Let me get you a link.
Click Here For Matt Del Fatti

"SLP/F - A holster made for women and specifically designed with the assistance of women to be worn forward of the strong side hip with a muzzle forward rake. The holster has an extended and slimmed down wing to the rear of the weapon." Go to his site to read the rest.........

Photo shamelessly stolen from the Matt Del Fatti web site...but since he is a Great Guy...He won't care! :biggrin:
Many Female LEO's carry off duty in Matt Del Fatti Leather.

#7 ·
Thank you QK. I woudl figure the Talon IV is about the same size as that Sig. Would you agree?

~A

#10 ·
Thanks QK, I am going to call this AM.

~A

#11 ·
can't recommend a brand, but try to find something woman specific. As they generally have hourglas shape to their bodies most holsters tend to dig into their sides. I feel yer pain with the LH options. Waited almost a year to get a Strong pancake holster for my HK.

#12 ·
I called several places and ended up getting her a Milt Sparks VM2 and Tony is going to mod it a bit. I also got her an OWB dual mag carrier and some spare ACT mags for her new pistola.

~A

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.