Got my MaxConV yesterday - Page 3

Got my MaxConV yesterday

This is a discussion on Got my MaxConV yesterday within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Gary just anounced his new Max Con VI. Sounds like it is just the Max Con V with an added piece around the lip to ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Got my MaxConV yesterday

Gary just anounced his new Max Con VI. Sounds like it is just the Max Con V with an added piece around the lip to help hold it open for easier re holstering.

I've been waiting for my 2 Max Con's, 2 Mag Holders, and 1 belt since July/August of '06. How are people getting theirs in such short time frames when others are still waiting ??? I know that Gary had some hard times and that it will be worth the wait but if newer orders are getting filled before ones still in the queue that's not very fair to us who have been waiting for so long.

Cheers,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Panic215 View Post
    I've been waiting for my 2 Max Con's, 2 Mag Holders, and 1 belt since July/August of '06. How are people getting theirs in such short time frames when others are still waiting ??? I know that Gary had some hard times and that it will be worth the wait but if newer orders are getting filled before ones still in the queue that's not very fair to us who have been waiting for so long.

Cheers,
    Jason
    Was your order for a Service Grade or a Presentation Grade?

My MC5 was received ~5 weeks after the estimated delivery date (though for 2 of those weeks Gary and Remy had a severe flu)

Maybe shoot them an email and ask whats up...

Hey panic I feel your pain I ordered mine about the same time still wait'in

As Carly Simon sings....Anticipation....Anticipation is making me wait!!! I too have one of Gary's masterpieces and I about lost my mind waiting for it to get here.....but it was well worth the wait. Actually, mine took a little longer because I also ordered one of his fine double mag pouches as well.

Thanks again Gary for a great product!!! Hope you are feeling better as well!

tex
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I am sure its worth the wait however I am getting pretty comfortable with my current holster. Can't wait to get the good one in.............
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

My order was for all service grade stuff. Like I said, I don't necessarily mind the wait but if new orders are being filled before older one, that would be pretty disappointing.

Cheers,
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Panic215 View Post
    My order was for all service grade stuff. Like I said, I don't necessarily mind the wait but if new orders are being filled before older one, that would be pretty disappointing.

Cheers,
    Jason
    I can't imagine that would be the case.

I figure I have several months left to wait and I ordered late last year I think.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Jason:
    I recommend contacting Gary and Remy directly. They're really the only ones who can give you an answer specific to your order. I've spoken and done business with them on several occasions and they're simply not the type of folks that would screw over a customer (the same can be said for the vast majority of the makers here as well).

The last time I spoke with Gary he said the issues he was having with his leather source were resolved (or at least getting there) and he was working like mad to get caught up on all orders. Give them a call and I'm sure they'll be able to give you an update on your order status.
    Jack

Waiting on mine for my Glocks. Just had to get one, after all the comments I'd read on the forum about their inherit comfort. If all that is true, My G 23 or 19, will be spending a lot of time on my hip in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Waiting on mine for my Glocks. Just had to get one, after all the comments I'd read on the forum about their inherit comfort. If all that is true, My G 23 or 19, will be spending a lot of time on my hip in the future.
    After getting mine I immediately sold my VM2...obviously I like it!

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Any ya'al who are ahead of me in line can always call and cancel your order......sucks for ya'al but will move my name up the list a lil and I'm sure you'll regret it and place the order later, behind my name. I hope that process is ok with Gary....but I'm paitent and dont go back to work for another six weeks so I'm good. Have to admit, this is worse than waiting for my daughter to make an apperance but I'm sure my holster will cause me less pains in the wallet.

Later ya'al.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Gary makes some of the best holsters in the world.....Im glad you guys like them. You are obviously not alone.

Gary's situation is his own and I wont speak for him. As far as production goes...it may seem or may be easily assumed that all leather stuff is made on an first come/first served basis...and it sorta/kinda is. And it sorta kinda isnt.

With me...if a particular holster will fit into production at a certain time working with that style of holster/if that mold is available/Im dying that color today/etc....and it helps with the overall efficiency of things...thats when it gets done. It the belt that got ordered with the holster I just did, isnt gonna get made for another 3 weeks but thats the most efficient way of doing it...thats how it gets done.

Sounds stupid but it works.......

Shoot well and god bless
    Last edited by Eric Larsen; March 14th, 2007 at 10:51 PM.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Very nice and bang up rig, congrats....
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

I just spoke with Remy (what a nice lady). She said that Gary has planned for my stuff to be out in 2 weeks. No worries! Again, I can only say good things about both Gary and Remy. They really have been nice to deal with. I didn't think they would push older orders to the bottom of the pile. I was just a little concerned by several previous post. We'll I'll get off my soapbox now. Thanks guys for putting up with my light ranting. I'll be sure to post a pic of my gear when it gets in.

Cheers,
    Jason

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links