Got my MaxConV yesterday - Page 6

Got my MaxConV yesterday

This is a discussion on Got my MaxConV yesterday within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Realleycat 75 hours a week is a "Little" much for you old guys :-)!! Don't go and get yourself rundown and sick.... ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat View Post
    75 hours a week is a "Little" much for you old guys :-)!! Don't go and get yourself rundown and sick....

Take care.
    I know what you're saying, but I really do not have a choice. I've got guys who have been waiting a long time, and now that decent leather is again available, I've got to "git 'em done". Thanks for your concern, though. I do appreciate the thought...

Please guys be patient. I too was on that long awaiting list and I almost shot myself in the A$$ by getting frustrated waiting. Let me tell you it is 110% worth the wait and the quality and craftsmanship put into these holsters by the custom makers is awesome. Since I got my Maxcon V I wear it everyday all the time even when at home because it is that comfortable. Everything about Gary's holsters is top top notch and very much worth the wait.

And on another note if Gary has some experience to share with you listen, he knows his stuff!
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Yep....I can guarantee you that I and other makers have had the same problems as Gary with Herman Oak. Ive sent back 2 orders of hides in the past 2 months and frankly I scared to see what I get from them any more. He is not alone.....ask most makers who use them and youll probably get the same answer.

Shoot well and god bless
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larsen View Post
    Yep....I can guarantee you that I and other makers have had the same problems as Gary with Herman Oak. Ive sent back 2 orders of hides in the past 2 months and frankly I scared to see what I get from them any more. He is not alone.....ask most makers who use them and youll probably get the same answer.

Shoot well and god bless
    Actually I talked direct with Hermann Oak about such claims. It seems that there are a very, very, very small number of holster makers who have returned their leather.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Man View Post
    Actually I talked direct with Hermann Oak about such claims. It seems that there are a very, very, very small number of holster makers who have returned their leather.
    I guess that is another demonstration of how some makers have much higher quality standards than others.

Regardless of what you claim, there is another side to this that you are not sharing - namely, that Hermann Oak will not accept a return of hides once they are cut. Leather is a very inconsistant material and often times you will not find out if a hide will mold up firmly untill you make a holster from it. Once that leather is cut, it's yours.
    I actually returned very few of the hides that they sent me as well for that very reason. I've made lot's of holsters in the past 9 months or so that I've thrown away (and of course had to pay for the material anyway). I then had to buy more hides to fill the same orders a second time (and a third in rare instances). You can shoot your mouth off all you want, but I spent an hour and a half on the phone with Shep Hermann regarding this problem, and CEO's of multimillion dollar companies don't do that without a damn good reason.

For the record, I tend not to shoot my mouth off. As I've told you before, a lot of what you state/post is verifiable. This was such an instance.

So I suppose we're talking to different people at Hermann Oak then. It's nice to hear that as a user of their product that we would have access to Mr. Hermann to express our concerns.

Best of luck to you now that you're back on track with the leather issue.

BTW, just to be clear - Hermann Oak Leather is, IMHO the finest vegetable tanner in the world. They did in fact have a problem, but it has been solved.

The part of the problem that they cannot solve is that cattle producers are raising animals in feedlots, stuffing them full of steriods. The animals make weight much younger that way, so they are slaughtered. However, the animals are not yet fully mature, so the hides tend to be soft and don't want to mold up firmly. Hermann Oak is doing the best that they can with what they have to work with.

Having said that, I am down to getting about 6 holsters from a hide that twenty years ago would have yielded twice that or more. We are cutting fewer and fewer holsters from the hides in an effort to use only the spine and butt portions of the material. These are the firmest part of the hide and make for much better holsters. My materials cost alone for a Max-Con V now runs $20-$25 each. My focus has always been on doing it right. Given today's market conditions that makes a holster expensive and slow to produce, but it is the only way to provide the level of performance that I demand from my products.

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    Keep it up Gary. Heck I dont even remember when I ordered my holster, just know when its my time it will arrive and that it will be of the highest quality and last me a long time.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I ordered a MC VI for my G27 recently. I look forward to receiving it, probably sometime in August.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I know one thing............ I cann't wait to start my own "GOT MY MAXCON VI YESTERDAY" post.

Keep up the good work Gary.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    I know what you're saying, but I really do not have a choice. I've got guys who have been waiting a long time, and now that decent leather is again available, I've got to "git 'em done". Thanks for your concern, though. I do appreciate the thought...
    Gary, you do all that's possible, don't go get sick on us. And more to the point don't get burned out making them. Buddy, I'll wait on my order.

I am very excited after reading all of these posts...I am at the bottom of the Max-Con V list, but at least I am there!!! I am just going to forget about it for the next 6 months or so, and just be excited when it lands on my doorstep. Dealing with the Brommeland folks has been nothing but a great experience...Keep up the good work.
    1*
    We race the reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by readyme View Post
    I am very excited after reading all of these posts...I am at the bottom of the Max-Con V list, but at least I am there!!! I am just going to forget about it for the next 6 months or so, and just be excited when it lands on my doorstep. Dealing with the Brommeland folks has been nothing but a great experience...Keep up the good work.
    I think it will be worth your wait. I do not own one but have used one for a while and loved it. I loved it enough that I ordered one for myself.

I kind of forgot when mine will be ready so I just hope and pray every day before I check the mail. Someday I will be surprised.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links