Defensive Carry banner

Got my MaxConV yesterday

9K views 87 replies 42 participants last post by  freetrapper 
#1 ·
Gary did a great job and was true to his estimated delivery schedule (6 to 8 wks). I put a "spare" 1911 commander in it wrapped in wax paper last night to break it it. I am really impressed with the quality. It fits like a glove and even in the brand new state it is so comfortable you hardly know that you are wearing it

Great job Gary, I'm thinking about getting another one.

#4 ·
Congratulations on getting the new holster. Looking forward to seeing those pics. I am still waiting for mine to arrive.
Mike

#5 ·
They are an absolute joy to own, fondle, look at and wear. I've got 3 of 'em and a mag pouch, Congrats on yours. Bravo Zulu Chief.

#7 ·
Always glad to see a new MaxCon V owner among us. It's without a doubt the most comfortable holster I've ever worn and the quality can't be beat. Gary and Remy are great folks to deal with too, no high pressure sales pitch just good, honest advice that'll stear you toward the best gear for your needs.
Jack

#10 ·
I believe that is the difference between ordering the "Presentation Grade" and a "Service Grade". The SG's are not as labor intensive.

Ti

#14 ·
Hi Guys,

We have had a really difficult time with our leather supplier over the past year, and for about 6 months the supply of useable material was spotty at best. Three or four times they told me "ok, now we've got it", but when the leather arrived, it was the same as before. After an hour and a half on the phone with the tannery's owner, we finally got things straightened out and once again have really good material.
Unfortunately, the result is that a bunch of folks have waited WAY longer than we would have ever thought possible. We are rapidly getting caught up, and everyone will be getting holster's due in 06' in the next 6-8 weeks. Many will be sooner than that. Please bear with us - I am making them as fast as I can without sacrificing quality (which is something that I refuse to do). Thanks!

#19 ·
Please bear with us - I am making them as fast as I can without sacrificing quality (which is something that I refuse to do). Thanks!
Thank you!!! I think those of us in the line are perfectly happy with that answer. The right answer.

If we wanted fast, we woulda ordered fast.....:elefant:

#17 ·
OK, here are the pics as promised. The pistol is a Para LTC. It's the lightest 1911 I own. The two together make a great carry package.

#20 ·
Nice looking set up! Those MaxCon Vs are very nice rigs, goes well with your Para.

#21 ·
Can't wait to get mine, either, but I just picked up a nice Mitch Rosen OWB at a gun show yesterday to tide me over, so take as long as you need, Gary!

Now if only the weather here in Va. will get below 40 degrees like it should be so I can wear long winter jackets to make OWB a bit more palatable.

#24 ·
No worries here. Just anxious to expand my carry selection and check out your quality work.

I would much rather you take your time and do it right (like I'm sure you will) than rush just to get product out the door. That's one of the reasons I chose your products in the first place.

Hopefully, I'll see them soon!

#26 ·
I cant wait to get the 2 i ordered. I have a HBE for my kimber that i use and an owb for my XD sc but cant wait to get my MAX COM for both of them

#28 ·
I *should* have mine within the next 2.5 weeks according to Remy when last I emailed....the anticipation is killing me! :danceban:

#32 ·
I've been waiting for my 2 Max Con's, 2 Mag Holders, and 1 belt since July/August of '06. How are people getting theirs in such short time frames when others are still waiting ??? I know that Gary had some hard times and that it will be worth the wait but if newer orders are getting filled before ones still in the queue that's not very fair to us who have been waiting for so long.

Cheers,
Jason

#33 ·
Was your order for a Service Grade or a Presentation Grade?

My MC5 was received ~5 weeks after the estimated delivery date (though for 2 of those weeks Gary and Remy had a severe flu)

Maybe shoot them an email and ask whats up...:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.