Anyone Considered These for CCW?

Anyone Considered These for CCW?

This is a discussion on Anyone Considered These for CCW? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just looking for a hat I wanted and ran accross this one of the websites selling stuff from israel, their major benefit isnt ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Anyone Considered These for CCW?

  1. #1
    Ex Member Array jlstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36

    Anyone Considered These for CCW?

    I was just looking for a hat I wanted and ran accross this one of the websites selling stuff from israel, their major benefit isnt the pockets, but that they are long in the right places without looking too big and they are pretty cheap. I am considering ordering one to see how it works out for me.

    http://www.zahal.org/shabak/index.htm


  2. #2
    VIP Member Array Blackeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    2,147
    I've got one of them and I'm pretty pleased with it. They provide some of the advantages of a "shoot me first" vest, but with a somewhat different look. However, I haven't had a chance to use it as an every day cover garment. By the time it arrived, the time for short sleeves here in Utah had definitely passed!

    One caveat if you're planning to order one, when the website says they, "tend to run small", they aren't kidding! I normally wear a XXL in both jackets and t-shirts. I ordered the XXXL size and found it to be smaller than most of my normal XXL stuff. Still quite wearable (especially since I've lost a bit of weight lately) but I definitely don't think I could fit in a Shabak jacket in XXL. Definitely order a size larger than you usually wear (particularly if you plan to wear a shoulder holster under it).

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array Bud White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Away - Health Problems
    Posts
    17,353
    I do believe there is a post about one on here about say 6 months ago and a review try a search on it and it should come up

  4. #4
    VIP Member Array swiftyjuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Madera, CA
    Posts
    2,488
    I have 2 of them, and use them frequently. Unique, a nice shirtjack, and covers well. I keep the front right hand pocket weighted (usually my wallet) so there is weight to throw the jacket clear in case I have to draw. A darn good cover, and not expensive. Go for it!!
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

    "Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

    Lifetime NRA member

  5. #5
    Ex Member Array jlstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    I've got one of them and I'm pretty pleased with it. They provide some of the advantages of a "shoot me first" vest, but with a somewhat different look. However, I haven't had a chance to use it as an every day cover garment. By the time it arrived, the time for short sleeves here in Utah had definitely passed!

    One caveat if you're planning to order one, when the website says they, "tend to run small", they aren't kidding! I normally wear a XXL in both jackets and t-shirts. I ordered the XXXL size and found it to be smaller than most of my normal XXL stuff. Still quite wearable (especially since I've lost a bit of weight lately) but I definitely don't think I could fit in a Shabak jacket in XXL. Definitely order a size larger than you usually wear (particularly if you plan to wear a shoulder holster under it).
    I have a weight lifters frame, my back, chest and arms are pretty sizeable, is it equally small all around, or are there certain areas that are overly small while others fit normally?


    Quote Originally Posted by Bud White View Post
    I do believe there is a post about one on here about say 6 months ago and a review try a search on it and it should come up

    Thanks, I did a search and found the thread, lots of info on it.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Array cagueits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    911
    jlstorm can you post a link to the thread?

  7. #7
    Ex Member Array jlstorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by cagueits View Post
    jlstorm can you post a link to the thread?

    There are two...they are somewhat intertwined:

    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ghlight=SHABAK

    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ghlight=SHABAK

  8. #8
    Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    1,863
    With the amount of enemies they have I am surprised they allow any of their uniforms to be sold on the open market.

  9. #9
    Member Array zxd9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    165
    I bought something similar from Sportsmans Guide. You may want to look at this also

    Tact Gear® Rip-stop BDU Shirt

    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=288298

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array ExSoldier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Coral Gables, FL
    Posts
    5,802

    GREAT!

    Quote Originally Posted by zxd9 View Post
    I bought something similar from Sportsmans Guide. You may want to look at this also

    Tact Gear® Rip-stop BDU Shirt

    http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=288298
    That looks great! I'm a member of their Buyer's Club so it's even cheaper at only $17. I just want to know what it's made of and whether it's expected to SHRINK and what size XXL or XXXL relates to as far as chest and arm measurements. Any ideas?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array TN_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Shelby County TN
    Posts
    11,129
    I like the looks of these. Heck, I like just about everything that the Israelis make.

    I've been to Israel 4 times (US Navy service) and I have a great deal of respect for them. Every country around them wants nothing more than to see them destroyed and the Israelis have kicked all of their butts at least once. They are some tough people and they do not mess around.

    I may have to order some gear from them. Thanks for the links.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

  12. #12
    Member Array zxd9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    That looks great! I'm a member of their Buyer's Club so it's even cheaper at only $17. I just want to know what it's made of and whether it's expected to SHRINK and what size XXL or XXXL relates to as far as chest and arm measurements. Any ideas?
    I wear an XL and bought an XL. It shrunk ever so slightly after washing but still fits fine. I wouldn't buy a larger one. Can't help with sizes. I'm 6' and 250lbs for comparison. I'll try to get you the makeup of it when I get home.

    EDIT: 65% Polyester 35% Cotton
    Last edited by zxd9; January 8th, 2007 at 08:48 PM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Array Beans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    AZ Border Territory,
    Posts
    1,002
    FYI wearing a t shirt under any vest shouts "COP" in fact wearing a t shirt under a short sleeve shirt shouts "Undercover Cop"

  14. #14
    Member Array garn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    239
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    FYI wearing a t shirt under any vest shouts "COP" in fact wearing a t shirt under a short sleeve shirt shouts "Undercover Cop"
    Why do you say this? I have worn white t's under just about every shirt I wear since about middle school.. never had anyone look at me weird lol..

  15. #15
    Assistant Administrator
    Array P95Carry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    South West PA
    Posts
    25,484
    FYI wearing a t shirt under any vest shouts "COP" in fact wearing a t shirt under a short sleeve shirt shouts "Undercover Cop"
    Sorry - really can't agree. If that were so then heck - there's an awful lotta undercover cops round here - me included
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

    "To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."


    http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. New law being considered in Florida.
    By GunGeezer in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2010, 02:08 PM
  2. This might be considered something of an endorsement
    By Skippys in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2010, 03:54 PM
  3. Considered one of the best days!
    By TRICKORMATE in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: January 28th, 2009, 10:11 PM
  4. Have You Considered The Blackthorn ???
    By texasboy in forum Defensive Knives & Other Weapons
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: August 19th, 2008, 11:50 PM
  5. What is considered 'Loaded'
    By apierce918 in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: March 5th, 2008, 03:18 PM

Search tags for this page

ccw shirt sportsmans guide

,

sportsmansguide border vest review

Click on a term to search for related topics.