Got a Problem, Looking for an Alternative

This is a discussion on Got a Problem, Looking for an Alternative within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Okay, I seem to have the same problem no matter which gun I wear with any outfit. My IWB & OWB holsters wind up pulling ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got a Problem, Looking for an Alternative

Lightbulb Got a Problem, Looking for an Alternative

Okay, I seem to have the same problem no matter which gun I wear with any outfit. My IWB & OWB holsters wind up pulling my pants down and I'm constantly "hitchin' up my britches!" I hate that.

SO I was thinkin' about my experience in the infantry and I remembered my Load Bearing Equipment which supported my ammo pouches, canteens (2), 1st Aid pouch, sidearm & my blade. It was all built around.....SUSPENDERS! So I'm thinkin' why not shift from a GUNBELT to a set of snappy BRACES aka suspenders and use a PADDLE holster? I don't think I can use both suspenders and a belt, but maybe if I'm also wearing a vest.

Comments?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Something ain't right Jim ........ pullin ya pants down!!

I find it hard to think of a good belt/rig combo - OWB in particular, that would fail you.

I guess suspenders are fine - if you wanna go that way
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Suspenders help a lot for carrying a gun i use them when i am carrying the real heavy weights like the big wheelies but you still need to wear a good gun belt with the spinders

I can always TIGHTEN the belt until there's no slippage, but then it's TOO tight and uncomfortable and I look a LOT bigger in the gut than I really am....which is of course way too big already!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Lead Moderator
    Guess ya gotta experiment and see what works for you.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Lightbulb From one Exsoldier to another

Don't know what your fashion preferences are, but bibbed overalls make great L.B.E.

VIP Member
    Take a look at these.

Thin Side-Clip Suspenders
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member
    Try the buckaroo suspenders (model a, belt loop). Hook right around your belt and you can continue to use your regular holsters, iwb & owb. And they never come loose.

bottom left of page 48

http://www.wyomingoutdoorcatalog.com...er=48&catalog=
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    When I did dignitary protection details, and had to carry all my stuff under a suit coat, I routinely wore a pair of suspenders to hold up my suit pants. I don't remember who makes mine, and will look at them tomorrow and let you know. The neat thing about them is that instead of clipping on the top of the belt, the had a U shaped device that hooked under the belt and were about 2" wide. Very comfortable unless you had to sit on the john, that was a trick, with the radio, survelence kit (ear piece, push button mike and all running through the sleves) mags, batton and cuffs flopping around. However back to the holding pants up, suspenders work real awsome there.

Old joke on an old cop tv show was why their LT wore suspenders with his belt? It was to hold up his TWO pistols (not counting his back up). Now that was an actor who knew the truth about a quick reload.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Try the buckaroo suspenders (model a, belt loop). Hook right around your belt and you can continue to use your regular holsters, iwb & owb. And they never come loose.

bottom left of page 48

http://www.wyomingoutdoorcatalog.com...er=48&catalog=
    Those are nice!

I have the no-brand ones for when I wear a suit - they work great.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier View Post
    Okay, I seem to have the same problem no matter which gun I wear with any outfit. My IWB & OWB holsters wind up pulling my pants down and I'm constantly "hitchin' up my britches!" I hate that.

SO I was thinkin' about my experience in the infantry and I remembered my Load Bearing Equipment which supported my ammo pouches, canteens (2), 1st Aid pouch, sidearm & my blade. It was all built around.....SUSPENDERS! So I'm thinkin' why not shift from a GUNBELT to a set of snappy BRACES aka suspenders and use a PADDLE holster? I don't think I can use both suspenders and a belt, but maybe if I'm also wearing a vest.

Comments?
    I had the same problem. Then I discovered the Wilderness Gun Belt. It is so much more adjustable than a belt with holes. You can adjust it very quicky as you go through different activities throughout the day. I have the one with the (very light) Titanium buckle. After using just about every type of gun belt for 20 years, I am totally satisified with this belt.
    "For every Jew a .22" and "Keep alive with a .45!...The JDL"

My Pounds Go 'UP and Down'...

A good 'instructor's' belt seems to work for me...
    I have one in tan and one in black...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wilderness Gun Belt and Chisco suspenders work for me when I have lots on my belt- http://www.chisco.com/chisco-product...ts/r60610.html

Is your belt designed to carry a handgun, is it the correct size, and do you wear the belt on your waist? If the answer to all these are yes, you should not have a problem. Regards, Richard

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I know a guy who wears suspenders, but keeps them under his shirt. This way, no one sees them. I think it's a good idea.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links