Pocket Holsters - Page 2

Pocket Holsters

This is a discussion on Pocket Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I must be the only guy in America that did not have success with the DeSantis Nemesis (for my Kel Tec P3AT). It would always ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocket Holsters

VIP Member
    I must be the only guy in America that did not have success with the DeSantis Nemesis (for my Kel Tec P3AT). It would always come out of the pocket with the gun. I would be careful not to ride my index finger on the side of the holster too.

Due to that, I purchased a holster I highly recommend, Dave Stillwell's (Grandfather Oak Custom Carry) Pocket Companion (below); followed by the larger Pocket Companion XL for my Kahr PM9 (above):

The kydex is slightly thicker in the Pocket Companion and very thin on the Pocket Companion XL:

If you purchase one, you have to specify the side you will carry it on. Note the curvature in the photo above; I carried the guns in my weak-side pocket.

They are very inexpensive: $15 for the Pocket Companion and $18 for the XL. Those prices include shipping.

David made for me the first two holsters he's made for the Steyr M and S-series guns; so he's willing to work with you in making something special....unlike certain "shoulder holsters," it simply need be something realistic.

David's address: http://www.grandfatheroak.com/Stockdesigns.html
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I've used an Uncle Mike's sidekick pocket holsters for years. If you get the right size, it doesn't come out. The only problem I have with it, & similar designs like the Mika, is: The grip sticks out from the holster body. I know people don't notice it, but it bothers me.

I tried out a Kydex holster a while back. The bottom was squared off & extended back till it was equidistant to the end of the grip. This formed a rectangular print, making it look like a wallet without a flap over it. That was nice, except it was "hell" to get the gun out of the holster quickly. Something in leather that looks like that will work.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    I must be the only guy in America that did not have success with the DeSantis Nemesis (for my Kel Tec P3AT). It would always come out of the pocket with the gun. I would be careful not to ride my index finger on the side of the holster too.
    I have the Nemesis and am not totally sold on it. It could be the cut of my pockets, but I don't like how it prints. I'm thinking of getting something that has a flat back that eliminates this problem. I'll probably be ordering this holster sometime this week. http://www.pocketholsters.com/Kel-Te...t_holster.html

+1 on Pocket Concealment Systems. The No-See-Um is great.
    The fact that you're paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you.

VIP Member
    I have a DeSantis Nemesis as well, but I only used it for my Kel-Tec P32 until my K&D Pocket Defender arrived. The tacky surface works well. The design of the K&D holster works better for me. When I grip the pistol my middle finger is right in position to push down on the holster while my hand pulls up on the gun.

If I reach into my pocket and just grab the grip with a finger and thumb and pull up the design of the hook allows it to catch the pocket material and stay in the pocket while the gun comes out.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I use a UM #4 Pocket holster for my P32 and P11 for pocket duty. It works very well in a back pocket of jeans and looks like a wallet!
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    A couple places you might want to look around at are J.L.Graham's stuff sold through Palehorse Holsters and perhaps some of Micheal Meredeths stuff from Pocket Concealment Systems

Graham makes some very interesting stuff for OWB too. Some Camera bag sort of holsters that deserve a look at. Very innovative.
    Ditto on the Graham holsters...I have pocket holster from him for my P3AT, stays in nicely when drawing..check out his web site..his work on the pocket holster is excellent...not sure about his lead times...
    Lloyd

Eternity is a long time, do you know for certain where you will spend it?

He currently has quite an extensive list of "in stock" stuff on the Palehorse site. Might be worth a look through.

And Lightning Arms Sports stocks PCS stuff (as well as Alessi, Del Fatti and Sparks) and does have a few of those for various guns a lot of times.

I just ordered one of Grahams Mufti's myself. And just got one of PCS's Redoubts that is super nice. No wait on either of those as they were in stock and already made. So sometimes you can find a Custom that has already been done if you look around and ask.

ckd
    Have had others costing more, DeSantis Nemisis for all mine. I have their j frame holster, of course for the j frames, but the Glock 26/27 Nemisis holster conceals better, and gives a better draw especially if you have a 642 with Crimson Trace. At $15-$20 for a holster, you reall can't go wrong and it won't cause you headaches if it gets wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    I have the Nemesis and am not totally sold on it. It could be the cut of my pockets, but I don't like how it prints. I'm thinking of getting something that has a flat back that eliminates this problem. I'll probably be ordering this holster sometime this week.
    I came real close to ordering a custom pocket holster but did not want to wait 4-6 weeks to get it.

Instead I added a flat panel of cowhide to my Nemesis using 2 threaded brass studs. It took me all of 10-15 minutes. It now carries & prints like a wallet.

I figure I can always order a custom rig later but my Nemesis w/ the leather panel works great.
    KJ

Member: NRA, GOA

"The more you sweat in training, the less you will bleed in battle" - Navy Seals

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    If you order from Mika, you should have it in your hand within a week.
    NRA Instructor

LaP
    Add me to the list of Desantis Nemesis users. My 642 and my Bersa .380 fit in the same size holster, so I get a "two-fer".
    I have used the Mika pocket holster. At first, my gun would slip out of it when I sat down. After wearing it for a while, it molded around my revolver and now it's a great little holster.

I've got a custom rig recently, but I'm not 100% sold on it. The Nemisis it replaced always stayed put. The current one sticks and at times the flat panel pops off. Maybe I need to work on my draw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links