IWB Carry Questions

This is a discussion on IWB Carry Questions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hated to start a new thread for this but I needed some advise. I have avoided IWB carry due to my size. However I have ...

Thread: IWB Carry Questions

IWB Carry Questions

Hated to start a new thread for this but I needed some advise.

I have avoided IWB carry due to my size. However I have just got a chance to take a Max-Con V for a test run. It is an awsome holster and I am very impressed with it. So far it feels great in most of my daily chores except one.

In my daily travels there will be times where I will have to secure my firearm in the vehicle to enter state facilities. I am having a very hard time re-holstering the handgun while wearing the holster with my belt already tightened. Is there a trick to this or is it just a down side of IWB carry for a fat guy?

I assume practice makes perfect but I thought I'd ask if there were any tricks to making this easier.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    The MaxCon doesn't have a reinforced mouth like the VMII which is complicating your problem. As long as the belt is tight and the gun is removed the mouth of the holster can close unless it's reinforced with a metal band or is very stiff like the Alessi PCH. Thats one of the reasons I sold my MaxCon. Excellent holster but lacking a design feature I fell is important!

Torrejon224 hit it right on hte head. Without reinfocement, the mouth collapses makeing it very difficult. The Max-Con has no reinforcement, nor does it have a thumb-break. I use a thum-break on one of my holsters to "guide" the muzzle back into the holster to open the mouth. I don't use that holster very often for that reason.

Well folks, this is as good of a time as any to announce the birth of the new Max-Con VI. It is a Max-Con V with a reinforcement band stitched to the mouth.
    The V was never intended to provide one-handed reholstering, but due to customer demand we felt that we needed to offer that feature as an option. So, here it is!
    We are taking orders for them now. They are $99.95 in Service Grade and $134.95 in Presentation Grade. Lead Time is 8-10 weeks Service Grade, 16-20 Weeks in Presentation Grade.
    Photos will be posted as soon as possible - hopefully in the next week or so. Thanks!

Thanks for the replys, I am glad to know that I was not just an idiot.

This is an awsome holster and is very comfortable to wear even for a guy of my size. This is the first Brommeland holster I have seen in person and I am very very impressed with the quality and comfort. I was not aware that the re-holstering issues was a common concern but for Gary to take customer concerns and make a new holster that addresses them is a testiment to him and his business.

I have a feeling I may be one of the first to try his new design.

Lead Moderator
    What a forum!! The service doesn't get any better than this!!!

But then, I'm one of the bias ones.....
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    Well folks, this is as good of a time as any to announce the birth of the new Max-Con VI.
    This is what is so great about this site and industry as well. The makers hear our concerns and comments and react upon them.

Mr. Brommeland, you make a fine looking product (far as I can tell through the internet at least). If you need a test driver...(hint , hint ) .

I use 3 of Gary's Max Con V's and have never had a problem with one handed reholstering.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Links