Question about the N82 holsters

This is a discussion on Question about the N82 holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know several of you have the N82 holsters and I am looking for one for my Nano. How easy is the holster to slide ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Question about the N82 holsters

I know several of you have the N82 holsters and I am looking for one for my Nano. How easy is the holster to slide into place while sitting in a car or chair? Strange question I know but when I get into the car after work that's when I slip my little friend on and it's a big factor in my decision. Also Orginal holster or Tactical Pro? thanks.

I guess it depends some on where you will carry. I carry mine at pretty much 3 o'clock. I have put the holster on in the car from the drivers seat, it isn't too difficult. But that location, while seated, for me doesn't leave space for the holster readily available. That's not the holster's fault and straightening up a bit in the chair will allow me to put the holster on.

My preference, and I tried both, is for the pro model. It is definitely easier to re-holster. The N82 is the most comfortable holster I own and with just a t-shirt and shorts, a Glock 26,19 or 29 disappears.

I'm left handed so I'll be putting it on in the 9 o'clock position.

I have the N82 Tactical Pro for a compact 1911, but in all honesty, I have never tried putting it on while seated. With the single clip it should be fairly simple as long as the belt is loose enough. The OP might also consider a Remora or Sticky, but I like the security of having the pistol securely fastened in the holster (which the Pro model does), and having the holster securely fastened to my gun belt. I would also think with the Nano, it would be even easier to put the holster on while seated since it is smaller than my 1911. Another option is to keep the empty holster on while work and simply holster the Nano after seated in the car. With the Pro model that would be quite easy. Since I don't own the original model I can't speculate on how difficult re-holstering is.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I have the N8 tactical pro for a GLOCK 19 I am right-handed and position it at 11 o'clock and it is one of the easiest to put on and take off, it is easy sitting in the car I find tilting the seat back a little helps a lot,

Im 5'9" 215 lbs i have to unbuckle belt and button on pants to put pro on. It does not just slip on. Love the holster but for quick in and out i use a PJ kydex holster.

Any of you N82 user out there, tell me if the pro model would make a good AIWB holster?
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Any of you N82 user out there, tell me if the pro model would make a good AIWB holster?
    I don't have any personal experience AIWB carry with the N82 Pro, but it appears to me it would work fine. This is a Nano in the Pro.

Kennydale likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I really like the back plate (sweat shield). I've read good reviews on their holster

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdp751 View Post
    I have the N8 tactical pro for a GLOCK 19 I am right-handed and position it at 11 o'clock and it is one of the easiest to put on and take off, it is easy sitting in the car I find tilting the seat back a little helps a lot,
    Thanks for the tip about tilting the seat back. I had not thought of that. Right now I've still got my Nano on and where I'm short waisted my chubby rolls actually hide the handle of the pistol. Currently using a Betty holster. I can't decide between this holster; I have for my G26 In The Waistband Holster by The Well Armed Woman or the N82. I know the Kydex will sit low enough but unsure about the N82; also since the plastic is so thick worried about the Pro of N82 being harder to slip on and off.
    Last edited by dragon671; June 23rd, 2014 at 11:22 PM.

I don t understand why these are popular. No firing grip is a deal breaker for me.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I don t understand why these are popular. No firing grip is a deal breaker for me.
    Nothing to stop you from getting a firing grip. I use one daily as does the wife and have no problems getting a firing grip and disengaging the external safetys on her sr9c and my sr40c on the draw to a hip shot postion and no difference in draw speed from them than from combat cut holsters we own for the same pistols. Very comfortable and very quick.

We have the original models. Saw and tried a pro but liked the original better because of less bulk. And though ive seen folks post they cant one hand re holster easily neither the wife or I have a problem one hand re holstering with them. And when we are training which is frequently we are one hand re holstering with them quite a lot.

They are a single clip and I have put it back on in the truck as has the wife but honestly with the N82 original I wouldnt bother taking the holster off just the gun if I had too.

They are so comfortable you wont notice you have it on for sure with no gun it. But you can reholster in a vehicle with one. I dont appendix carry so I cant say about that. Never tired with the N82. Have with other holsters and simply dont like appendix carry.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Nothing to stop you from getting a firing grip. .
    I guess if you have tiny fingers you could do it. But if we look at the pic below and pretend the red is your belt, the area where I have the arrow is where my fingers have to go. Having had holsters that low in the past I know you have to grip to get them clear, and then regrip for a FULL grip. Plus I have to twist to remove don't I? Seems bad.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    I guess if you have tiny fingers you could do it. But if we look at the pic below and pretend the red is your belt, the area where I have the arrow is where my fingers have to go. Having had holsters that low in the past I know you have to grip to get them clear, and then regrip for a FULL grip. Plus I have to twist to remove don't I? Seems bad.
    If I had huge fingers I probably wouldn't be attempting to carry a tiny gun. (Don't be tricked by my handsome avatar).
    Kennydale likes this.

2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    If I had huge fingers I probably wouldn't be attempting to carry a tiny gun. (Don't be tricked by my handsome avatar).
    I understand, but if you look at where ones middle finger is supposed to go in my pic, even a normal sized hand would have trouble digging in there. I'm not anti-N82. I know people love em, I just dont understand it. Same as someone with a crossbreed that wears it so low you can't get a firing grip. But while the crossbreed, comptac, galco, etc hybrids offer adjustability, I don't see that with this one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links