ja 9

This is a discussion on ja 9 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hi new user and new owner of a ja9. I would like to know if there are other carry options for this particular weapon. i ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: ja 9

ja 9

hi new user and new owner of a ja9. I would like to know if there are other carry options for this particular weapon. i would rather keep the negative should haves away from this thred. im on a limited income with a 4 month old baby at home and im the only one working currently. that being said all other responses welcome. any decent carry loads and holster options is what i am looking to find out.

2. Remove Ads

Read the manuel, an get ammo they recommend. You need to get to a range an try a couple of different manufacturers to see what feeds reliably in your weapon. I will recommend hornady critical defense or hornady custom these are known to feed in most weapons. Not familiar with your weapon just make sure its safe an accessible only to you. There are lots of holster options look at remora they fit multiple guns very inexpensive.
    maxwell97 and Jcraig86 like this.

Might be worth contacting High Noon holsters and see if any of their stocking item holsters will work. Much better deal than something from say, uncle Mikes.
    Jcraig86 likes this.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    I didn't really know about this gun either.

it has a fixed barrel so it should be decently accurate, so it has that going for it!
    armed with an entry level gun is better than unarmed wishing for a tank!
    job well done!!
    Navydude, Taurahe and Jcraig86 like this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

Welcome to the forum. We are an opinionated lot, but there is a ton of good info here. Hope you enjoy it.
    Jcraig86 and Sister like this.
    "There are some ideas that are so wrong, only a very intelligent person could believe them." - George Orwell

Welcome from SC.
    I have to admit I have never heard of a JA 9, but I found this, and you can let me know if I am way off base.
    ScreenHunter_21 Jun. 26 18.07.jpg
    Navydude, Sister and Jcraig86 like this.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

It's the same as a Bryco.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

My opinion,find ammo that feeds reliably,shoot at least 200 rounds with no jams,as soon as possible get a better gun
    Gun_guy likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Give it a fluff n buff. I've heard a lot of people say they love jiminez arms guns after they do that.

If Not Remora then check out Sticky Holster LG6 for JA9
    Navydude likes this.
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

JA 9?... Thats a Jennings... I had one when I was gang banging.. I'd carry it empty chamber full mag. Dont drop it on anything hard. I'd use a nylon tuck in the pants holster like an uncle mikes. Or maybe a fanny pack of some sort.
    hdhnict likes this.

thanks for all the info. ofcourse i am not planning on using this as a battle gun but for packing out in the woods and say a rather large putty tat comes along. whos to say that putty tat wont be either coming home or high tailing it out of there. I have a H&R 922 pistol and in the '30s they used to be called suicide specials. I plan on doing a fluff n buff asap. any suggested tools and products?

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I have a few "Ring of Fire" guns that have given me good service. One is a Raven 25 that Ive had since 1983. Back then I carried it a lot. Its never failed to cycle or fire with any ammo I fed it. When I could afford better guns I still kept the old ones because they gave me good service. Good luck with it, If it were me Id find a middle of the road load and enjoy it for what it is. DR

From what I can find, this seems to be a straight blowback design, meaning that the breech does not lock closed. So, the only things holding it closed when the round goes off is the spring and the mass of the slide.

With this in mind, I guess I would suggest sticking with middle-power loads as dangerranger mentions. Something like Federal HST standard-pressure (not +P) 124 gr or maybe 147 gr would be my first choice. Actually it would be for pretty much any 9mm.

One of the drawbacks of the design is that it has to have a heavy slide, and at 30 oz this is a pretty heavy 9mm. But, I have carried a 30 oz auto in a $25 Remora inside-the-waistband holster successfully. It's not optimal, but with a good belt, it works.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

We had one of these (the JA-9) come in for disposal. Looked just like a Hi Point, an djust as heavy. I'm sure it's gonna do everything you want it to do. Just not my cup of tea.
    Hope it works for you when you really need it to work.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links