Help with holster success

This is a discussion on Help with holster success within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I need a little help with holster selection. I've done research and haven't been able to find much (at least not a good review). What ...

Thread: Help with holster success

I need a little help with holster selection. I've done research and haven't been able to find much (at least not a good review). What I'm looking for is a concealed carry holster (OWB), kydex, slide, available for a lefty. I've tried a couple already to include Galco Matrix, Comptac paddle, Fobus paddle, but still haven't found the one l like. Anyone had any good success?

Try Blade tech....i like them alot myself.
    "All that is needed for the forces of evil to triumph is for enough good men to do nothing."

Edmond Burke

There is also gcode and sidearmor Good luck to ya i never found a kydex i liked

and being a lefty limits your options on some guns

I too don't care for the plastic holsters. What is your reasoning for limiting your selection to this type of holster?
    I will tell you that I bought a new holster a couple months ago and love it. It is the Bianchi Carry Loc I highly recommend you checking them out.
    Good Luck
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

My favorite OWB maker is www.highnoonholster.com. I have and use a Topless model. They make a ton of different models but have a long lead time for making them. But you can check E-bay and or Goggle searches and can find them.

I have and use another OWB for my off side (left) that is working well for me. It is a Bianchi Accumold pancake with belt loop straps with snaps and has a retaining strap. I picked it up from www.cheaperthandirt.com for @28 and in stock so do a search via you pistol maker. I use my P11 in it and it works very well.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Lead Moderator
    BH Serpa seems to work well, hold the gun tight to the body. Comes with both paddle and belt slot attachments. This is light years ahead of the fobus , BTW.
    what doesn't work well with the holsters you have tried? Perhaps we can help more if we know what the problem(s) seem to be. BTW, another Leftie here too.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I really like the Galco topless paddle holster for my Glock 23. It rides high enough and can be adjusted to any size belt giving you the wearer a firm snug fit. With a simple turn of a screw the holsters cant angle can be adjusted in any direction and then securely locked at what ever position the shooter prefers. I have a Crimson Trace laser sight attached to mine and there is no interferance or contact with the holster at all. Mine was a great fit right out of the package but know you can also ajust the tension screws for your own needs. The paddle it self is another plus. I don't even feel it while getting in and out of a car but like knowing I can take it off when I wont to with out undressing. I think this holster in black leather looks great and feels even better. Together they make a great rig. Finding a good holster is much harder than shopping for shoes. There is no place to try them on or a for me to find anyone with much of a selection. Like you went through several before finding my girl a home. Good luck in your search and know your doing it right by asking those that have already been there.
    Last edited by rhawk; January 11th, 2007 at 12:00 PM.
    As a citizen of this country I consider it a legal right but yet a privelege to carry a handgun for defensive purposes. I'm also comfortable knowing there are others out there that feel the same way.

Any successes with Comptac's line of OWB?

Look Above to Holster Sources...

Search out Fist, Inc...

Great holsters...honest...I have over two dozen of them...good quality...reasonable...always, 3-5 weeks!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

kpw
    If you want kydex belt slide that conceals like a leather one, look at Fist. They make their leather designs in thin kydex as well. They are stitched like leather. They are light, comfortable and conceal very well.
    Last edited by kpw; February 25th, 2007 at 08:48 PM. Reason: LOL...you beat me to them

Distinguished Member Array fed_wif_a_sig's Avatar
    lexmedic.....the Comptac line of holsters are good quality kydex rigs. They're "Locking Paddle" is very secure OTB holster and is quite popular amoungst IDPA shooters here in Texas. I have used them and they are high quality.
    Steve
    "Respect all ... Fear none!!!

I have a CTAC but was wondering if there are those that use a Comptac OWB holster daily, and how they like it.

A day or two late but been busy-I have an OWB Comp-Tac belt holster and had a locking paddle. The LP seemed like it rode further away from the belt than the plain belt holster. I do like the belt holster a lot, but concealing it is harder than with a close-riding leather holster (full size 1911). Kinda depends on how hard you want to work at dressing to conceal it.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Sponsored Links