What's your favorite appendix carry rig?

This is a discussion on What's your favorite appendix carry rig? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a good appendix carry holster for my Shield. I would prefer not to have to wait 6+ weeks to get it. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: What's your favorite appendix carry rig?

What's your favorite appendix carry rig?

I'm looking for a good appendix carry holster for my Shield. I would prefer not to have to wait 6+ weeks to get it. I like the concept of the kydex with the offset clip like the one in this link but I'm worried that the weight of the gun will drag the holster down due to the clip's location. So what appendix holsters do you guy's use?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

TVJ
    dale frickie archangel and this TSD COMBAT SYSTEMS HOLSTER - THE CUBAN
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

This. http://www.giholsters.com/silent-thu...ppendix-carry/. I have three and am soon ordering the fourth for my lcr.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404228618.883957.jpg
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I had my appendix removed a long time ago so I cannot carry anything on it. :)
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

Lol!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Sofia Vergara in a bikini carrying a Model 57... Oh wait, that's NOT what you were asking about?
    Kennydale likes this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

Favorite: GALCO Sto-N-Go Holster all leather, Galco quality, re-inforced mouth for easy re-holstering, single clip. Under $30 got them (2) from Optics Planet a sponsor here so price might get even better. I have one that I use for a Glock G26 and G19 9mm pistols. I have another I use for a 5-shot 357 J frame revolver. I like 'em, they're comfortable, inexpensive but good quality, available (like 3 days?) and hold well and conceal well. What more could you ask for under $30?

I also have a "Bare Asset" from High Noon holsters that isn't specifically for AIWB carry but it works for my Glock G30sf in 45acp. All leather, single clip, under $30, also.
    gatorbait51, Hodad and SWIll like this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Red Cent Custom Leather, McLeansville, N.C. He made me a prototype of an aiwb for my Colt Agent/Cobra. Extremely comfortable and easy presentation. Check him out on his website and Facebook. My holster is numbers 16 and 17 on his products page. Future holsters will be better finished than the prototype in the pictures. He has offered to make me a better one but I'm not giving this one back.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

For appendix carry or spleen crossdraw, I prefer a Remora with a full sweat shield. It stays put
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Currently I have 2 that I use in the 12:30-1:00 position
    For 2 different pistols.
    I have the JM Customs AIWB with the extra tuck for my 4" 1911 in .45
    I recently rec'd and really appreciate my Secret Sentry by Vigilance Tactical for a full size SAR K2 .45
    They're both pretty decent out of the box but with a little Velcro and some closed cell foam they are both comfortable and very concealable.
    Good Luck
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Sorry can't help you on this cause I don't have a appendix.
    scgunlover1 and gatorbait51 like this.

Me & my Ruger SR40C in a
    3Speed Holster

gatorbait51 likes this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Also a fan of the Galco Sto n Go. I use one for the j frames. Light, stays put, well made.
    Mike
    I will rarely post, but will read (and hopefully learn) a lot

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    I just received mine in the mail. This is my new favorite holster.

The "Guardian" IWB Holster | Badger Concealment

The clip is incredibly sturdy. This means my leather holsters are going on sale!
    Psalm 144:1

Thumbs up

I have been carrying a Glock 23 in a High Noon Public Secret holster for over 6 years now an I have not found a better holster for this purpose.

Quality leather formed to the particular firearm, sight channel, slide guard, tension screw and heavy duty belt clip.

As always a quality two ply gun belt is a requirement for a solid carry rig.

photo.jpgImage 4.jpgImage 3.jpg
    click image to enlarge....

High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters

Kennydale likes this.
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links