Need an IWB for an Astra A-75

This is a discussion on Need an IWB for an Astra A-75 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; (First post here, BTW) I normally carry a fullsize 1911 in an EveryDay Holsters hybrid IWB and this has worked very well for me. However ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker
  • 1 Post By Taurahe

Thread: Need an IWB for an Astra A-75

Need an IWB for an Astra A-75

(First post here, BTW)

I normally carry a fullsize 1911 in an EveryDay Holsters hybrid IWB and this has worked very well for me. However I decided I needed something a little smaller, hoping it would print a little less in the summer. I wound up with an Astra A-75 in 45acp which I'm pretty happy with so far. It's not much lighter, but it has a 3.5" bbl and the grip is slightly shorter.

astra.jpgastraandpara.jpg

Just to get the thing mobile, I picked up a cheap Uncle Mikes 'in-the-pants' -- they call for a 16. But It rides to high; not much of the gun really extends into my waist band. I can actually shake the gun out without trying too hard. I *may* trade it in for a 15 and see if it will sit a little deeper. In the meantime, I'm looking for a hybrid IWB. But, of course, they're pretty specifically shaped and I'm not finding a lot of hits for my Astra. I may try to find something close and reshape it a little. But I'm not sure what would be close. The A-75 is touted as a Sig clone, but that's probably overstating the similarity. I'm not sure any Sigs are really close enough to be in the ballpark for a Kydex shell. I may even try to make my own shell from a blank sheet of Kydex.

Any suggestions or experience with this gun?

thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Milt Sparks Summer Special II sized for the Colt Defender.
    GWarden likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

SHTF gear makes a hybrid molded specifically to fit the Astra A-75. I own several SHTF gear holsters and they are top notch

Astra A75 ACE-1 Holster
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.
    God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Check the DC sponsors first.

Personally, I would look for a single-clip kydex holster with a thin profile. I'm enjoying how easy it is to take on and off because i'm always transitioning between pants and shorts in the summer. Does that sound like you? I don't know.

I'm using a Cooks AIWB holster. It's a simple design with a ~3 week process time. I had trouble finding a shorter time for a kydex design that I wanted. Just a heads up.
    Walther PPS 9mm
    MDJ IWB holster // Cooks AIWB holster
    Nelson IWB spare mag (www.nelsonholsters.com) *DC Sponsor*
    Filson belt (www.filson.com)
    SOG Twitch2

Ok, so it looks like I do have some options. Besides the ideas here, I did find a couple other with Astra A-75 specific offerings:

White Hat Holsters... gun gear for the GOOD guys!
    Sticky Wire Holsters

Meanwhile, I took the Uncle Mike's back to my LGS and left there with a Galco STOW-N-GO which seems serviceable enough for now (and, yeah, the single clip is nice for quick changes). I may actually pick one up for the para too since it's stainless -- no blue to wear off.

Has anyone else had any bad experience with leather and bluing wear?

I'll probably still get a tuckable hybrid at some point, so thanks for the suggestions.

Links