Quick Review of the Remora Carbon Carry Holster

This is a discussion on Quick Review of the Remora Carbon Carry Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received a Remora Carbon Carry for my Glock 19. Thought I'd post a few pics with some initial thoughts. For me, the holster ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By TotingPacifist
  • 2 Post By Norm66
  • 3 Post By farsidefan1
  • 1 Post By Meltz
  • 1 Post By Kennydale

Thread: Quick Review of the Remora Carbon Carry Holster

Quick Review of the Remora Carbon Carry Holster

I just received a Remora Carbon Carry for my Glock 19. Thought I'd post a few pics with some initial thoughts.

For me, the holster is most comfortable worn IWB at 3 o'clock. The Remora material on the back of the holster does a good job keeping it from moving around, as well as providing a nice padded surface against my side. I wear a t-shirt underneath everything, so I can't comment on how the material feels against my skin.

On the side of the holster which touches the gun, the leather is decent. It's not quite the quality of leather as my friend's Crossbreed, but there's nothing wrong with it. Also, the Crossbreed's leather layer is thinner and softer.

The kydex sheath is snug, and the gun doesn't fall out. It doesn't affect performance, but I like the look of the kydex on the Remora

The metal clips bend open easily to allow you to insert them over the belt. However, the edges of the clips are sharp enough that my belt already has several scratches from just a little experimenting with holster placement. I'm waiting for a kydex-reinforced nylon gunbelt to arrive, to avoid further damage to my current belt.

The holster is adjustable for cant (3 holes on each side).

I paid $45 (30% off special, including free shipping).

Front 1.JPGFront 2.JPGBack.JPG
    gatorbait51 and Kennydale like this.

2. Remove Ads

Looks nice. The Remora material on the inside would be a big plus for me.

Distinguished Member
    Nice. I really like Remora. I just received my shoulder rig yesterday and they had made an error sending me the non reinforced top holster when I had ordered one with the reinforcement and soft lining. They have already sent me a replacement. Good folks/ good product.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    Nice. I really like Remora. I just received my shoulder rig yesterday and they had made an error sending me the non reinforced top holster when I had ordered one with the reinforcement and soft lining. They have already sent me a replacement. Good folks/ good product.
    Have you had a chance to try it yet? Been eyeballing it for a while but waiting for some real world feedback.

Distinguished Member
    I put it on and and wore it around the house for an hour or 2. All was very nice except for the holster glitch. I like shoulder rigs that attach to the belt as it reduces swing and I really like the fact that I can adjust the holster from vertical carry to horizontal carry with just a change on the velcro. The retention velcro strips would not be my first choice but that is my only criticism. And even those are adjustable. All in all I like it. Easy to adjust traps, gun position, lightweight, What's not to like? Oh, and you can put the mag holders on as well to counter balance it.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

This holster looks nice. I almost ordered it the other day but figured I'd let someone else be the Guinea pig. So worth the $50? Sounds good. Maybe I'll put my order in while they have this 30% off.
    Kennydale likes this.

Dear Remora.. Consider one with single clip straight up for AIWB
    sammeow likes this.
    G-d, Make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand faster than those who would seek to destroy me. And G-d if today is truly the day you call me home, then let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennydale View Post
    Dear Remora.. Consider one with single clip straight up for AIWB
    That would be nice.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Links