iwb holsters

iwb holsters

This is a discussion on iwb holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just passed my ccw class and am now in the waiting process for my permit. I am wanting an iwb holster to conceal my ...

Thread: iwb holsters

iwb holsters

I just passed my ccw class and am now in the waiting process for my permit. I am wanting an iwb holster to conceal my xd9. I was looking at the comptac ctac and the crossbreed supertuck. Does anybody have any input on these as to which one might be better.

thanks in advance

ooops...accidentally posted in wrong section didnt i
    Last edited by shooter76; January 12th, 2007 at 11:49 PM. Reason: posted in wrong section

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Cant provide feedback on either, however Mark Garrity is building me a cowhide/sharkskin Incognito Deluxe and it looks as if it will be very comfortable.

http://www.garritysgunleather.com/PhotoGallery.htm
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

i use a milt sparks versa 2 it's tuckable you can stuff you shirt in around it. I carry a cz 75 compact you really have to be looking to see it. i have walked into walmart without a problem.

Lead Moderator
    Shooter76, moved your post. As I have never tried either of those holsters, best advice is do a search here for the holsters by name. Lots of others here have used 1 or the other.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I carry an XD40 sub in a supertuck. It isn't a pretty holster, and isn't "fine craftsmanship", but it works well, and it is very comfortable. Get the adjustable--I've broken a few clips, and would prefer to be able to change them myself.

That said, my next carry holster is likely to be a Tucker Answer--Similar concept, but much nicer construction.

I carry my USP compact in a Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. It's a great holster and Comp-Tac is a great company to buy stuff from, as many in this forum can attest. Buy one, you won't regret it.

I carry a 3" 1911 in a CTAC. Very comfortable. I also like the Sparks VersaMax and the Brommeland MaxCon V. The major advantage the CTAC has is a 3-4 day availability.

The custom holsters will run you 20 weeks or more depending on the supplier. I purchased the CTAC to use until my MaxCon V arrived with plans to sell it later. It is nice enough that I decided to keep it also, that said I prefer the Brommeland for the 1911 as it is somewhat more comfortable on a long day.

I use an adjustable Supertuck for my 1911. I am very pleased with it. wait time was about 10 weeks. Works great whether you tuck it or not.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I am not a " tuckable " fan myself , but when i need to replace the hume iwb i got with my kahrs that i carry daily i am seriously looking at one of Garrity's Gunleather's Triskel ( at the top of the page here http://www.garritysgunleather.com/IWBHolsters.htm ) simply because it can be setup as a standard iwb , or a standard owb easily .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I used a "Uncle Lou" IWB made by 5 Shot Leather that's very similar to a VMII. I'm selling it and a matching mag pouch. If interested PM me, it's for a XD-SC. Heres a pic:

Links