Sig P238 Holster Options

Sig P238 Holster Options

This is a discussion on Sig P238 Holster Options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just sold my glock and picked up a Sig P238. The only holster I can find that is specifically made for this gun is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Sig P238 Holster Options

Sig P238 Holster Options

I just sold my glock and picked up a Sig P238. The only holster I can find that is specifically made for this gun is the little polymer holster from Sig. I found a thread on here from 2009 on this same topic and I was wondering if more holsters had came along for this specific gun?

Sponsor
    That handgun should be pretty well supported by any custom/semi-custom holster makers out there. Here is our holster option.

Sig P238 ACE-1 Holster

-Clay

No problem finging holsters for mine. The problem was deciding what I wanted.

Distinguished Member
    What's wrong with the polymer one that came with it? Mine works just fine for the few times I carry it. That is a popular model and many/most holster makers have something that fits. It's a matter of deciding how you want to carry and whether CC or OC.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I like the little holster that came with it ok but I will be mounting it under my dash so I need to find one to carry outside the truck.
    Brass likes this.

Does anyone by chance know a place to order the 100 round packs of Winchester ammo? Every place I have looked is sold out. Its funny that for the past few years you couldn't find any hand gun ammo around here except for 380 and the shelves were packed with that, but now that I have a 380 I can't find any but all the stores have 9, 40, and 45 in abundance.

FIST fan

Fist Holsters Fist Holsters

Multiple choices of styles and colors. Custom options. Excellent quality. Reasonable prices.

I don't have enough time to read through all those holsters and search for one I like and then see if it fits my gun.

I carry mine in a Desantis pocket holster in right front pocket. I also have a shell that fits my Alien Gear holster. As far as ammo I would check Gunbot.net.
    JDE101 likes this.

Sorry but holsters are like clothes. What one person likes others don't. What is comfortable for one body isn't for another. So if you want one without wasting your time use the one that came with it.

Or join me with a sticky holster in the bra.

My wife carries her p238 in a Crossbreed Mini-tuck most of the time, works well for her.
    true grit likes this.

I like the holster that came with the ct laser for pocket carry

Also you will probley need to order 380 online still hard to find in stores
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by Brass View Post
    Sorry but holsters are like clothes. What one person likes others don't. What is comfortable for one body isn't for another. So if you want one without wasting your time use the one that came with it.

Or join me with a sticky holster in the bra.
    As I said above I will use the one that came with it, but I need ANOTHER one :) I don't go try holsters on in the dressing room, I can tell what I need to know about one by looking at it, I just need to find out what all is out there.

I carry all my guns in a Blackhawk Sepra CQC paddle holster but they don't make one for these yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    I like the holster that came with the ct laser for pocket carry

Also you will probley need to order 380 online still hard to find in stores

I finally found some last night on Cabelas website, ordered 300 rounds and received $20 off my first order and $4 shipping which made the total cost $19 a box.

Distinguished Member
    You must not be looking hard enough. Just about every major manufacturer and those who sell holsters on Amazon and ebay, support this gun. I only pocket carry my Sig P238 using a handmade Mika pocket holster that cost me $30. Small guns like this are best carried in your pocket because you can carry a larger gun just as easily on your belt. The P938 is a tiny bit larger, not enough to notice and is a 9mm which is not just a little better but a lot better than a .380. I am an old man with medical problems in my hands and can handle a 9mm with no problems. Anyway, it appears that you have limited holster knowledge. The Serpa is a retention holster if I recall and civilians really have no need for that. Most times it will impede your draw if you have to use it under a lot of stress because rarely does anyone train enough to use it under stressful conditions with no problems. Plus it is not necessary. Any good holster will retain your gun for daily activities. Are you overly concerned that someone is going to see your Concealed gun and try to snatch it. That is why LEO use retention holsters. They grapple with bad guys who try to grab their guns. The bad guys know that the LEO have a gun on them.

I have run across others like you who tend to only know about LEO type holsters or think they need retention holsters because they are overly concerned about their gun falling out or whatever it is that spooks them. Get yourself a good IWB holster that is molded to the gun, some even allow you to adjust the tightness so that you can tighten it so much that you cannot draw the gun at all. :) You just need a holster that allows you to turn it upside down, shake it with the gun in it, and have the gun stay in place. You really do not need a retention holster whose market is mainly LEO. I suggest you gain more knowledge about the various holsters for civilians. There are a lot of holsters made for the Sig P238 that are much better than the Serpa. Our local IDPA will not allow us to use a Serpa as it forces you to put your finger where the trigger is during the draw. Do not know if they corrected that problem but if you Google it, you will find a lot written about this holster, good and bad. Also search Paddle holsters and find the YouTube videos showing how easily they are ripped from a belt.

Do what you want but you are not going with the best type of holster for a civilian use.
    Rigrat and spclopr8tr like this.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links