Who makes a nice P239 IWB holster on here?

This is a discussion on Who makes a nice P239 IWB holster on here? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would really like to have a nice IWB holster for the Sig P239 that I am carrying now and I would rather support one ...

I would really like to have a nice IWB holster for the Sig P239 that I am carrying now and I would rather support one of our members that just buy an off the shelf rig from a big company.

So, which of you fine holster craftsmen make a good IWB rig for a P239 that they are willing to talk about?

I would like it made of leather, to be comfortable, with snap belt loops, and have a reinforced top to stay open when the gun is drawn si I can reholster one handed.

I would also consider Kydex if any of you make a good IWB rig in Kydex. I don't want to limit my options here. So, let me hear from any of you who are willing to do the job.
    Last edited by TN_Mike; January 15th, 2007 at 04:42 AM. Reason: addition
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

PT-111, my guess is I would would see if Tony will make an Executives Companion for it or I would try an Alessi CQC-I holster. Regards, Richard

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar
    I'd check with Gary Brommeland. I just got one of his MaxCon Vs for my commander, and it is very impressive in fit and finish, and it is comfortable to boot. I am sure he makes one for the 239 as it is a popular CCW piece.

http://brommelandgunleather.com
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by p8riot View Post
    I'd check with Gary Brommeland. I just got one of his MaxCon Vs for my commander, and it is very impressive in fit and finish, and it is comfortable to boot. I am sure he makes one for the 239 as it is a popular CCW piece.

http://brommelandgunleather.com
    He sure does! I'm currently on the list to get a holster for my P239.

Now here's where it gets interesting: the Max Con V doesn't have a reinforced mouthband. BUT: the new Max Con VI does! A quick e-mail and my order's been updated, as I prefer a little reinforcement too.

Nate,
    Do you think the Reinforced opening will effect comfort at all? I now know that the Max Con V is very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by freetrapper View Post
    Nate,
    Do you think the Reinforced opening will effect comfort at all? I now know that the Max Con V is very comfortable.
    IMHO, it would be no more uncomfortable than if you had a non-reinforced holster with your gun in it. I have a Don Hume 715 clip-on IWB with a reinforced opening (all it is, is an extra strip of leather around the mouthband), and it's not uncomfortable in the slightest, and allows for easier one-handed reholstering.

Still won't be as great as reholstering in an OWB (especially for those of us with love handles), but better than no reinforcement at all. As always, YMMV.

EDIT: Here's the original post by Gary: http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...40&postcount=4

VIP Member
    Mike, here are a couple of places.

Garrity's Gunleather - Mark Garrity

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks - Eric Larsen

K&D Holsters - Kevin Manley Doesn't show snap belt loops on the Cochise Defender, but I seem to recall seeing one here on CC with them.

You can call and talk to any of these guys. I have talked to each and have holsters from Kevin and Mark for my P239s. Eric's holster for my S&W 1066 is still a ways out.

Because of the volume of traffic on CC Bumper has removed the second line of links from the blue header so out holster link is not showing, so here it is.

Mega Holster Maker List
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Thanks guys. I will check them all out.

George, that is quite a list there. I may have to take a day off of work to look at all of those.

,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Seems most all the holster folks here can take care of your Sig, they're pretty popular guns. If you're like me and also like supporting Tennessee businesses then Gary's up in East TN - just another reason among many that I carry his gear.
    Jack

I have a Sig P239, but holster is not made by one of the members here. I can tell you though, that the MAXCON V for my 1911 is fine for one hand re-holstering and very comfy...give Gary a call, great holster and will be woth the wait.
    Lloyd

Eternity is a long time, do you know for certain where you will spend it?

Check out the McDaniel II by Andrews Leather, it has a single snap loop on a flange, that keeps it in place, reinforced mouth. I find mine very comfortable. The loop and holster angle are adjustable, so you can find what position suit you best. It is smooth leather lined, so the draw is easy, no break in period for mine and reholstering is easy with that reinforced mouth.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Most Sigs make beautiful holsters. I love making them, because they make my work look awesome. I just love the lines. I think you'll be happy with whoever you choose. Good Luck!!!
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Links