underwater carry!

underwater carry!

This is a discussion on underwater carry! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be going on a beach vacation soon and I'm looking for a waterproof carry option so I can still carry even while I'm ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: underwater carry!

New Member Array concealedcarrey's Avatar

underwater carry!

I will be going on a beach vacation soon and I'm looking for a waterproof carry option so I can still carry even while I'm snorkeling or swimming. On land, I normally carry a sig sauer p229r "Mexican carry" inside the waistband nylon holster near my crotch or a S&W 442 in my pocket. I'm thinking about carrying a glock 26 while I go on vacation because I can conceal it inside the cargo pocket of my swim shorts and still have the great equalizer of 12 rounds of 9mm, vs 5 rounds of .38+P. The catch 22 is I can only take one gun with me. I plan on carrying my 26 without a round in the chamber OR installing a NY trigger on it with one in the chamber.

Anyone here have any good ideas on how to carry a pistol in a totally waterproof, pocket container without bring overly bulky? My best idea so far is to put the 26 inside a ziplock bag, possibly 2 if the sights tear the first bag. Not carrying is NOT an option, if my gun is not welcome, I am not welcome.

If the glock is exposed to salt water, any ideas on how to clean it out?
    ArmyCop likes this.

Lone Wolf Maritime Firing Pin Spring Cups Glock

Well you will want these for it then ....

Maybe a water proof camera case ..

But really I would get a micor gun a LCP etc and not worry about it
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Umm...this?

Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Naw you need this HKP1-11.jpg
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

New Member Array concealedcarrey's Avatar
    I should have added in my original post that what I can carry is limited to what is on my agencies "approved" list. Also it will be in Puerto Rico(and I can carry there thanks to HR218). I already own the 26 and the next best option that's approved is the M&P shield. I like the M&P shield but I prefer the full sized glock pistols over the M&P series which I'd why I own glock 9mm pistols. The 26 accepts my 33rd magazine as easily as my 34.

Is HR218 valid in P-R ?

Well CC for starters Welcome to DC.

I would say take a gander at the Pelican cases. They make all kinds of sizes. Buy one that fits your gun. Then find a fanny pack that holds the Pelican case and use that.

Have you ever considered the Smart Carry rig? IDK if SC makes a model made 100% with HD nylon pack cloth or a scuba suit like material but that's sumpin' to ponder.

Now as far as swimming in salt water goes if I were to CC while in swim trunks and appendix carry (AIWB) in a nylon holster you're going to want to make sure the trigger housing is covered completely. Going one point further for me personal I'd be super dooper leery of swimming with a handgun on me for fear of losing it in the water. So my thinking would be to possibly have a gunsmith attach a lanyard ring to it and then attach the lanyard to a 'hard point' such as a scuba divers belt.

I don't know you but to carry a gun in your trunks Mexican style at the beach while swimming and such seems lame and brainless. I sure as heck wouldn't even consider carrying it pocket style either in Cargo trunks.

If you go with the Zip-lock bag if it were me I'd use the freezer size. The freezer bags are way sturdier. Been buying them ONLY for tools and camping gear for 20+years. Get them cheaper at a Costco. That's what the smart money says.
    I'd use 2 Zip-locks just on general principle.

I'd also PLAN on stripping it down and using tongs put the parts in just boiled water. Give them a whoosh or 2 and remove immediately
    placing on a clean bath towel (don't use HER towels) to air dry. Then give everything a good oil down and reassemble.
    I used to hot water clean my black powder guns. Just boiled water cleans out the powder fouling like nobodies business!! With water that hot the barrel and lock get so cotton picking HOT 99% of the water just evaporates. Wiping an oiled/lubed rag over all the parts completes the process. I finished up with this neat beeswax based pink waxy stuff that even smelled good. I don't remember what it was called. One could even eat this stuff and it wouldn't hurt you. Wasn't bad tasting either.

The only other option I see is a dive knife or the smallest spear gun made. But then how do you conceal it?

The only situation you haven't laid out for us is that you're a 500 pound Flounder.

Heading out for Puerto Rico huh? And for which agency? NSA? ATF? CIA? The Mickey Mouse Club?

Are you for real here OP or are you just yanking our chains here?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Exclamation MK25 9mm (aka the Sig P226)

Welcome to the forum!

Why not go for what the SEALs carry and they don't worry at all about immersion. Just shake the water out and squeeze the trigger. Go with the MK25 9mm aka the P226 that's got a little bit more rustproofing (phosphate) on it's innards. The pic is of mine sporting the watertight laser grips by CT. Mil Spec.
    Attached Images
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Naw you need this HKP1-11.jpg
    So, what is that? You have me curious...
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Kangaroo carry under the trunks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    So, what is that? You have me curious...
    HK underwater hangun .. Sim to what the russian have for there men

"Since ordinary-shaped rounds are inaccurate and have a very short range when used underwater, this pistol fires steel darts about 10 centimetres (3.9 in) long. It has five barrels, each of which is loaded with a cartridge, giving the gun a pepper-box appearance, and it is electrically ignited from a battery pack in the pistol grip.[1] After firing all five cartridges, the barrel unit must be sent back to its manufacturer for reloading.[2] It is very similar to its predecessor, the Mk 1 Underwater Defense Gun. In the past, Heckler & Koch has denied knowledge of its existence.[3]

This firearm is somewhat bulkier than its Soviet counterpart, the SPP-1 Underwater Pistol, but it has five barrels, as opposed to the Soviet firearm which has four. However, the SPP-1 does not need to be sent back to the manufacturer to be reloaded." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_P11

This and the sovit stuff are not common but the only guns made for underwater firing
    MrBuckwheat likes this.

Russian underwater rifle ( in russian )
    Svarog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Is HR218 valid in P-R ?
    Yep. US territory.
    It's December 1941 in Casablanca, what time is it in New York?

Have you considered not worrying so much and enjoying your vacation? If you can carry legally throw a gun in your beach bag and go. Worrying about how to carry in the water isn't worth the hassle. Use your situational awareness and have fun

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Have you considered not worrying so much and enjoying your vacation? If you can carry legally throw a gun in your beach bag and go. Worrying about how to carry in the water isn't worth the hassle. Use your situational awareness and have fun

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ^^^^^^this enjoy your time off^^^^^^^^^
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links