concealment vest - Page 3

concealment vest

This is a discussion on concealment vest within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by LoveLeather I guess if you live by a stream, or work for National Geographic they wouldn't look out of place...but for everyday ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: concealment vest

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    I guess if you live by a stream, or work for National Geographic they wouldn't look out of place...but for everyday wear I can't pull one off.... but kudos to those that do...
    If you've done much travel, when stopping at tourist sites, you'll find that all types of gear are worn, most designed to carry binoculars, camera, rain gear, water, etc. My Cabela's Safari Vest is not at all out of place in a touristy setting.

In the climate I live in, vests are pretty common at all times of year, light ones in summer and sometimes down-filled in winter. We layer our clothes here because of the climate, and most any style of vest is not out of place.

I suppose, though, if I wore my Safari Vest and slept at a Holiday Inn Express maybe I could sign on as a National Geographic photographer....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

The Woolrich Elite series is a nice vest also!

SIG Gear on their website has a light weight ripstop nylon and cotton vest.
    Ken Forbus Owner of FIREARMZ
    FIREARMZ FORUM

http://www.coronadoleather.com/
    I have one and I love it.
    Very comfortable .
    I wore mine this past fall cutting and sppliting wood all weekend using the built in holster. By the end of the weekend I did not notice the gun at all.

When it is colder, I use a Columbia fleece vest but summer I don't us a vest.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Quote Originally Posted by FIREARMZ View Post
    SIG Gear on their website has a light weight ripstop nylon and cotton vest.
    I could not find the vest do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by whitetrashfarm View Post
    http://www.coronadoleather.com/
    I have one and I love it.
    Very comfortable .
    I wore mine this past fall cutting and sppliting wood all weekend using the built in holster. By the end of the weekend I did not notice the gun at all.
    I tried the Corando Western vest. I like the look, feel of it. My 229SAS seems to print when wearing it. I actually got a vest a couple of sizes larger to try, but the same thing. I think it is just the model of vest, as my older one did not do that. Good luck.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

After looking at every available vest I could find I finally ordered the Woolrich Elite Series Lightweight Vest. I think it will be a very good vest for the purpose. Here is a link: http://www.rogueelite.net/shop/item....d=143&catid=21

However, today I found a very cool work vest that might be even better as a concealment vest. Cooler in weight and materials, better color options, very durable and not quit as GUN related in design. It is from the Duluth Trading Company. I may have to try it as well. Here is a link: http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/d...ure=Product_16

I've been looking at these. Ordered mine from LA Police gear for $17 (5.11 in Desert camo), will be here today.

Watch the clearance sections of those web sites, you can often find good bargains on the high end stuff.
    Sprinfield XD 4" .45 Compact
    Blackhawk SERPA

Quote Originally Posted by racklefratz View Post
    Ordered one today. I'll try to remember to report on how I like it.
    Well, Racklefratz How did you like the SHABAK Jacket? I am considering one myself, and would love to hear your opinion.
    LegalRaptor
    The freedom to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLeather View Post
    I guess if you live by a stream, or work for National Geographic they wouldn't look out of place...but for everyday wear I can't pull one off.... but kudos to those that do...
    When they ask if I'm going fishing, I just say "Yea, you want to go?"

You just have to decide that you don't care what other people think. That's the problem with most people who won't wear one.

Charlie
    Charlie - 40FIVER

Why I carry:
    "The heart is deceitul above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

I finaly broke down and went with the Woolrich Elite Series Lightweight Discreet Carry Vest. I got it from http://www.rogueelite.net . He is a member of this site and was very good to work with. At the time he was offering a discount for members but I am not sure if that is still valid.

Anyway the vest was designed from the ground up for concealed carry just like they advertise. It has some very nice features that I like. I like the hidden in pocket elastic magazine holders, the simple velcro tab to close the vest quickly if the wind comes up, and I realy like the way the cargo pocket flaps can tuck inside the pockets and velcro there as well makeing the pockets open top for "dump" pockets at the range. It is a cover garment only and does not have a place to conceal your firearm other than the four visable pockets. It looks far less "tactical" than you might think.

It is light wieght and very well made. I have worn it with a nice botton up shirt and dockers to some business casual meetings and it looked fine. I have also worn it with sleevless t-shirts on the weekend and the wife says I don't look too stupid. While it is light wieght and vented very well in the back it is still warmer than I hoped it would be but far better than any other photographer type vest I have tried.

As for complaints, I have a couple small ones. It is long enough to cover my G26 in an OWB holster but is none too long. It gets the job done but will work much better with an IWB rig. Also I have one pocket that the velcro was not good on. It looks fine but does not stick well. This has not been a real issue for me so I did not test out their customer return policies.

All in all it is a great cover garment and I will be getting another in a differant color soon.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links