Need holster ideas - Page 2

Need holster ideas

This is a discussion on Need holster ideas within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland Carrying the wrong gun in a holster can cause: The gun to fall out. The gun to get stuck. The ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need holster ideas

Sig in USP holster

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    Carrying the wrong gun in a holster can cause:

The gun to fall out.

The gun to get stuck.

The safety to either be engaged or disengaged accidently.

The mag button to release the magazine, resulting in your carrying around a single shot pistol (unless it has a mag safety - in which case you are carrying around a no shot pistol).
    One can easily test whether a gun will fall out of a holster, or get stuck in the holster, by inserting and removing the gun a few times. The Sig P229 fit in the USP 40c holster as well as the USP did. This may not be true of all USP 40c holsters, but it was true of this particular Kramer holster.

The Sig has no safety, so it could not be engaged or disengaged.

The mag button on the Sig is not inside the holster, as you can see in my photo - it is outside the holster. So the holster cannot engage it.

I,too Have Considered Various Holsters And Makers. After Doing So, And After Hours Of Reading In This Forum, I Consider Gary's Product To Be Superior To Others Imo. I Am Not Out To Save A Few Dollars When My, Or My Families Life May Be At Stake. Infact, I Just Ordered A Maxconv For My Xd45c Tonight From Gary. I Feel Great About It And Can't Wait To Get My Holster And Mag Pouch! Gary Is Very Willing To Listen And Give Advise. Means Alot To Me.

Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    One can easily test whether a gun will fall out of a holster, or get stuck in the holster, by inserting and removing the gun a few times. The Sig P229 fit in the USP 40c holster as well as the USP did. This may not be true of all USP 40c holsters, but it was true of this particular Kramer holster.

The Sig has no safety, so it could not be engaged or disengaged.

The mag button on the Sig is not inside the holster, as you can see in my photo - it is outside the holster. So the holster cannot engage it.
    I've designed and handcrafted something in the neighborhood of 30,000 holsters over the past 20+ years, and in the course of doing so have pretty much discovered what will and will not work. Based upon that experience, I consider this to be potentially a very dangerous practice. If you choose to ignore my advice in order to save a few $, then please feel free to do so. However, please realize that you do so at your own peril.

My main concern is for those folks who come to this forum looking to learn and might not realize that you are giving them really bad advice. Just because you got away with doing something dangerous does not suddenly turn it into a good idea. It is still a bad idea.

This Thread makes me very happy that I chose Gary to make a holster for me. Every word proves there are still some real men left in our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    Yes, we do. Holster makers have to insure that we do not get sued when someone does something incredibly stupid and gets themselves (or someone else) killed.

Carrying the wrong gun in a holster can cause:

The gun to fall out.

The gun to get stuck.

The safety to either be engaged or disengaged accidently.

The mag button to release the magazine, resulting in your carrying around a single shot pistol (unless it has a mag safety - in which case you are carrying around a no shot pistol)

If you think that you are doing something smart in saving less than $100 in order to not have to buy the correct holster for your particular firearm, I cannot help you. However, I would recommend that you either :

A.Get some training , or

B.Sell all of your guns.

Your accusation carrys the implication that I would intentionally give someone bad advice in a life and death matter in order to make a few bucks. Forum rules prevent my honest, complete reply to that.

Wow---great post. My hat's off...
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

I am new to this site, and this is my first post. That said, I am in total agreement that the information from reputable holster makers, including Gary, is TOTALLY RELIABLE. Not just because of liability issues, but business reputation issues impose on them a level of honesty that you can rely on. This is a relatively small community, and for a quality maker to get the reputation that he would mislead a customer would be suicide. Just my opinion.
    LegalRaptor
    The freedom to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins
    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by LegalRaptor View Post
    I am new to this site, and this is my first post. That said, I am in total agreement that the information from reputable holster makers, including Gary, is TOTALLY RELIABLE. Not just because of liability issues, but business reputation issues impose on them a level of honesty that you can rely on. This is a relatively small community, and for a quality maker to get the reputation that he would mislead a customer would be suicide. Just my opinion.
    Thank you, sir. And, Welcome aboard!

what a hilarious thread! i love this forum. sig 229, 228, USP, whatever, right? just stick it in and you're good.
    seriously, and back on topic, search around and you'll notice that most of the experienced CCWers on this forum have come to the conclusion through many mediocre experiences with other options that a custom made holster from the reputable maker with a sturdy belt is the best way to go. there are too many makers to choose from...i think there's a page with a complete list of all makers somewhere...anyone know what i mean?
    Last edited by aus71383; January 23rd, 2007 at 12:27 AM. Reason: back to the real topic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links