FoxX Trapp Holster Review

This is a discussion on FoxX Trapp Holster Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had my FoxX Trapp holster for my G 27 now for over 6 months. A great holster especially if you need to remove ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By dgunnut

Thread: FoxX Trapp Holster Review

I have had my FoxX Trapp holster for my G 27 now for over 6 months. A great holster especially if you need to remove it occasionally. Easy on, easy off.

Dgunnut
    NickBurkhardt and Kennydale like this.

Foxx makes good holsters. Have a Little Foxx for a few different guns. Considered trying a Foxx Trapp but decided to give a Member here on DC's similar holster a try because of the clip options he offered. Make sure you check the bends of your clip periodically. I've had two of them break at the top bend on two different Little Foxes. They will wear down with every day use and break at the most inconvenient time. Other than that, I've never had an issue with any of the Foxx Holsters and recommend them to everyone.

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    What material is the sweat guard made of?

Quote Originally Posted by NickBurkhardt View Post
    What material is the sweat guard made of?
    Same as the rest, kydex.

Dgunnut

Quote Originally Posted by Hatrix View Post
    Foxx makes good holsters. Have a Little Foxx for a few different guns. Considered trying a Foxx Trapp but decided to give a Member here on DC's similar holster a try because of the clip options he offered. Make sure you check the bends of your clip periodically. I've had two of them break at the top bend on two different Little Foxes. They will wear down with every day use and break at the most inconvenient time. Other than that, I've never had an issue with any of the Foxx Holsters and recommend them to everyone.
    I have had this same problem with my little Foxx. Kydex is not made to bend and flex in such a manner which causes it to break. Eventually I will find a high rise clip to replace my broken one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    I have had this same problem with my little Foxx. Kydex is not made to bend and flex in such a manner which causes it to break. Eventually I will find a high rise clip to replace my broken one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Foxx has a variety of clips available. I EDC with a Little Foxx. I ordered it with various clips so that I could find what works best for me. I found the high rise clip (the one that raises the holster) to my liking. I have not had any problems with clips cracking. I also own a Foxx hybrid holster for a larger. No problems with it either. Both my Foxx holsters have the comfort pad option. I live in Florida and the holsters have been comfortable all day in spite of the heat and humidity here.

Quote Originally Posted by kmckinnon View Post
    Foxx has a variety of clips available. I EDC with a Little Foxx. I ordered it with various clips so that I could find what works best for me. I found the high rise clip (the one that raises the holster) to my liking. I have not had any problems with clips cracking. I also own a Foxx hybrid holster for a larger. No problems with it either. Both my Foxx holsters have the comfort pad option. I live in Florida and the holsters have been comfortable all day in spite of the heat and humidity here.
    I have not had any problems with the clips yet either. I like the different clip options you can get to tune in the height and provide more concealment with the j clip if you like.

Dgunnut

I just bought one for my wife to CC her Glock 42. I really like the clip, despite the possibility of it breaking after a lot of use...SO much easier to take the holster on and off compared to the ultra stiff steel clips my holsters have. And I love the adjustability of the cant. If and when it does break, does anyone know if replacement clips are available?

Yep, on foxxs website

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4

I modified a crossbreed clip to fit my little Foxx and haven't looked back!

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    I used a Foxx hybrid IWB holster off and on for a couple months, before SHTF GEAR offered RAMI Holsters.

A good basic holster that fit my RAMI well, but not nearly as good as the Gen 2 SHTF ACE-1 does.

I tried a Little FoxX with my Shield for a while and found that it slipped around too much regardless of what belt I used. I called FoxX and they gladly exchanged the Little FoxX for a Hybird model. I'm absolutely thrilled with their hybird.

Sponsored Links