Holster recommendations sw1911sc, glock19, glock 42, sig938

This is a discussion on Holster recommendations sw1911sc, glock19, glock 42, sig938 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Smith wesson 1911sc: thinking most seriously about milt sparks nexus. Also considering tt gun leather Xc slim. Prefer leather. Any recommendations in that general price ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Holster recommendations sw1911sc, glock19, glock 42, sig938

Smith wesson 1911sc: thinking most seriously about milt sparks nexus. Also considering tt gun leather Xc slim. Prefer leather. Any recommendations in that general price range or less?

Glock 19: thinking seriously about n82. Nit a big material preference.

glock 42: not a big material preference. Something very easy on and offer with great concealment.

Sig: not a big preference for material. Very easy on and off with great concealment.

Have sticky holster for 1911. It is like a remora. Good holster but noticed that have to disrobe less to put on my sparks vm2 with Glock 26 so... Desantis nemesis works great for lcp though.

Ideal would possibly be some j hooks that fit between pant and belt to loop outward under belt instead of loops or clips (less obvious easy to put on take off).

I work in gun free environment.

Thanks in advance for recommendations!

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangersedge View Post
    Smith wesson 1911sc: thinking most seriously about milt sparks nexus. Also considering tt gun leather Xc slim. Prefer leather. Any recommendations in that general price range or less?
    IMO, both of those are excellent holsters. Of all the holster I've accumulated over the years, I use Sparks Watch-Six almost exclusively anymore (with a full-size Government Model), being made of horse hide it's the thinnest IWB I've been able to find and horse hide repels perspiration better than most leathers.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

You didn't say what your preferred carry position is. I carry mine in this aiwb. http://www.giholsters.com/silent-thu...ppendix-carry/
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409671734.442071.jpg

Thanks for responses. Looking for IWC carry. Can't carry where I work or many places I go so prefer something easy on and off. Even though i'm legal, I also need it be very discreet.

Cool

I have two out of the four you are asking about.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG Glock 42 with High Noon Upper Cut IWB holster.
    click image to enlarge.....

Image 4.jpgImage 3.jpg Glock 23 with High Noon Public Secret IWB holster.
    click image to enlarge....

Both work well for me worn AIWB.

High Noon Holsters, Gun Holsters and Concealment Holsters

Kennydale likes this.
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

Quote Originally Posted by Rangersedge View Post
    Thanks for responses. Looking for IWC carry. Can't carry where I work or many places I go so prefer something easy on and off. Even though i'm legal, I also need it be very discreet.
    IWC??? I know I'll feel like an idiot once I see it, but what does C stand for?

OD*
    Inside waistband carry?
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAcanis View Post
    IWC??? I know I'll feel like an idiot once I see it, but what does C stand for?

Inside waste crack? Like small of back, but lower......
    Recon1342 likes this.

Partial to sparks summer special 11 you can get them at brownells same price no wait

Quote Originally Posted by Stoveman View Post
    Inside waste crack? Like small of back, but lower......
    Alright. That'll be enough of that

I think you may be right, OD.
    I haven't seen it used on any other forums or holster makers' sites either, but it makes sense.
    OD* likes this.

Can't address the 1911 but I like my FoxX Little FoxX holster for the smaller guns. The Little FoxX is a single clip hybrid at a fair price. I ordered mine with their optional comfort pad backing (although horse hide might be an option) and it has been comfortable all day long here in Florida's heat and humidity.

Distinguished Member Array denclaste's Avatar
    For the 1911's I use and like the SS II; I do have a Nexus on order because I like more cant than most people do.
    OD* likes this.

My favorite IWB for a 1911 is N82 Pro. Tuckable, easy on, easy off, and uber comfortable.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I use a N82 Pro for my Sig P938. I forget it's there its that comfortable.

I'll recommend Nelson Holster's Stealth for the 1911. Uber comfortable and looks a lot like the MS Watch-Six.
    And summer carry has been my P938 in a UBG Striker. I don't know if they can change the clips or not. It came with metal over the belt clips. I wear it under a T shirt and it holds my Sig tight to my body and has a high cant, so I can bend and the grip doesn't stick out. I should have the one for my Shield in a day or two if their website holds true at 5-7 weeks... I liked it so much I got another for a different pistol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links