Hoster ideas, SP101 3" & SA Gi Micro .45

This is a discussion on Hoster ideas, SP101 3" & SA Gi Micro .45 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm thinking of buying the 3" Ruger SP101 and was wondering what you guys who have one, carry it in. I'm specifically interested in the ...

Thread: Hoster ideas, SP101 3" & SA Gi Micro .45

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar

I'm thinking of buying the 3" Ruger SP101 and was wondering what you guys who have one, carry it in. I'm specifically interested in the 3" version.

My first priority will be a good IWB that is as THIN as possible but i also want a good OWB for knock'en around in the woods with. That one can be a rougher and heavier holster.

I've been looking at the "McDaniels" IWB by Andrews Custom Leather and like that and heard from one guy already who likes his, but what about you guys?

Also, I'm likely to pick up a SA GI Micro .45 so if you got one of those, I'd love to hear what you use if you carry IWB.

Thanks guys for your time!
    Gideon

I have several McDaniel II's and I'm very happy with them. The adjustable cant is great for "fine tuning" fit.

I also have a Springfield Micro. Great gun gets carried a lot. Figure on a good break in period and doing a little polishing on ramp and breach face for reliability. Sights are very small. Will not tolerate poor technique. Search this forum and you will find more about them.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

For your OWB - take a look at K & D Holsters "Laredo Defender" a great snap on/off holster that is very rugged but looks great, too!

www.kdholsters.com

VIP Member
    I carry my 3" SP101 in a Bianchi Accu-mold holster when I'm beating the brush...it's worked very well...
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

I have a Sam Andrews "McDaniels" for a .45 and it's the best holster I have ever owned. I had been through a bunch till I got that one. I carried a Ruger SP101 21/4" on my hip with a simple Galco IWB and j-hook for the belt for a long while. It worked fine and you could make a fast draw if you had to. Good luck.
    You might be a Redneck if: You've ever pruned your trees with a shotgun.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Ok, here's my StrikerII made for the Snubby. It's my every day carry.
    Last edited by jarhead79; January 21st, 2007 at 12:34 AM.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I have a nice thin Mr. Softy from high noon for my 2 1/4 inch...great clip too....a great quick trip holster....

Great inputs guys..

Jarhead, who made your "Striker"?

Also I looked at the Mr. Softy but they don't indicate that they make it for the 3" that I'm getting.

K&D have some pretty good looking holsters at some what appear to be some decent prices. I like the looks of the paddle holster. that could be what I get for knock'en around. If I want to conceal better I'd go IWB. I've gone ahead and ordered a McDaniels based on the good feedback I've received about that one. Only problem is that his lead time is currently 18 weeks

But I purchased a holster from him before and it was great so I have no doubt this one will be too.

Thanks again for all the input!
    God Bless
    Gideon

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Great inputs guys..

Jarhead, who made your "Striker"?

That "Ugly Bald Guy" made it for me. He hangs out around here from time to time.

Just messin with you. I made it, I'm ugly and bald. (notice the signature line )
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

Well you did a fine job! Looks like a great holster! How long in? I'm 21 years AF retired...try not to laugh too hard
    God Bless
    Gideon

Sponsored Links