IWB Tuckable Holster for Walther P99c9mm

This is a discussion on IWB Tuckable Holster for Walther P99c9mm within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know that there have been other threads seeking advice regarding IWB holsters, but none that I went over answered my specific question. So, please ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: IWB Tuckable Holster for Walther P99c9mm

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Linn, Oregon
    Posts
    1,628

    IWB Tuckable Holster for Walther P99c9mm

    I know that there have been other threads seeking advice regarding IWB holsters, but none that I went over answered my specific question. So, please bear with another what holster should I get thread.

    I just ordered a Walther P99c 9mm. My current carry gun is a S&W 642 J Frame revolver, which I pocket carry, pocket carry being my personal preference for a number of reasons I wont bore you with here. I intend to alternate between my J Frame and P99c, depending upon where I am going, what I am wearing, etc.

    I believe that the P99c is a bit too big for comfortable pocket carry, so have reluctantly concluded that I will need to carry IWB. I live in Florida and wear cargo shorts and a tee shirt tucked into my shorts or pants almost all of the time.

    So, my request is for recommendations for a really tuckable IWB holster that my P99c will fit: (1)The material is unimportant, but the thinner the better for comfort; (2) I would like it to have a body protector so that as little of the gun as possible is against my body in the hot, sticky Florida weather; (3) It should be really tuckable so that my shirt is not constantly coming out; (4) If possible, I would like it to be easy to put on and take off; and (5) Price is not a paramount consideration

    And, I am open to any other ideas.

    Thanks.

    Ron

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    VIP Member
    Array srfl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,870
    I have a C-TAC IWB holster by Comp-Tac (for my Walther P99's) which is tuckable. I find the holster, made of kydex with a body shield, to be very comfortable. It is easy to put on and take off and the kydex material is reasonably thin.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

  4. #3
    Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    731
    I have a Tucker IWB for my P99c thats tuckable and extremely comfortable. Model is the "Cover Up".

  5. #4
    Member Array MIKEV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PDRMD
    Posts
    326
    You also might want to investigate Mark Garrity's Triskel.

    It uses Kydex clips rather than leather loops and can be used as an IWB, OWB and Tuckable based on the configuration of the clips.

    I am sure that seeing as it is a custom build he can put as much leather between you and the gun as you would like.

    Shoot him an e-mail, pm, or check out his web site at Garritysgunleather.com

    I ordered one.

    Thanks
    MikeV

  6. #5
    Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Champaign, Illinois
    Posts
    598
    I've got this one and I like it. It doesn't have the body shield that you requested, but it still might be worth a look.

    http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Prod..._decision.html

  7. #6
    Moderator
    Array buckeye .45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,399
    Take a look at CrossBreeds supertuck. I use one for my 1911 and like it. Kydex on a leather backing with kydex clips. Comfortable, thin, and tuckable.

    http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/contact_us.html
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

    Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

  8. #7
    VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,133
    I refuse to use a tuckable as a tucked holster but they work fine as a standard iwb. That being said i am looking at a triskel as my next holster simply because i can easily get two holsters out of one purchace ( iwb and owb ) with it . My mind isnt made up on holster purchace but it is made up that tuckables are a bad idea for me with my experiances in life .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

    Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

  9. #8
    Distinguished Member Array Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Linn, Oregon
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    I refuse to use a tuckable as a tucked holster but they work fine as a standard iwb. That being said i am looking at a triskel as my next holster simply because i can easily get two holsters out of one purchace ( iwb and owb ) with it . My mind isnt made up on holster purchace but it is made up that tuckables are a bad idea for me with my experiances in life .
    If you don't use it as a tuckable, then how do you conceal the gun? If you wear your shirt untucked for concealment, don't you then still have to lift the shirt to draw the gun, and is there really that much of a difference in the time required to draw the gun? Please don't take this as a challenge. It is intended only as a question so that I can better understand.

    Ron

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,133
    Np on the question lol . With an untucked shirt it is easy to extend my strong side thumb to catch the hem of the shirt and lift it high before dropping my hand to the firearm and establishing as much of a fireing grip as the holster allows , the shirt of course rides back down but out of the way inside my hand and the grip . A tucked tuckable requires two hands to draw , and when i have actualy needed to draw a gun in real life i have also found a use for the other hand , ie holding a flashlight , door open , myself steady on a rail ect..
    Its my thoughts experiance and predjuce , yours may well vary from mine .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

    Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

  11. #10
    Distinguished Member Array Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Linn, Oregon
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs View Post
    Np on the question lol . With an untucked shirt it is easy to extend my strong side thumb to catch the hem of the shirt and lift it high before dropping my hand to the firearm and establishing as much of a fireing grip as the holster allows , the shirt of course rides back down but out of the way inside my hand and the grip . A tucked tuckable requires two hands to draw , and when i have actualy needed to draw a gun in real life i have also found a use for the other hand , ie holding a flashlight , door open , myself steady on a rail ect..
    Its my thoughts experiance and predjuce , yours may well vary from mine .
    Thanks. I understand what you are saying, and it does make sense to me, although I think that I am so accustomed to tucking my shirt, that I will probably go with a IWB tuckable.

    Ron

    Ron

  12. #11
    Distinguished Member Array Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Linn, Oregon
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by torrejon224 View Post
    I have a Tucker IWB for my P99c thats tuckable and extremely comfortable. Model is the "Cover Up".
    I went to his web site and looked at the "Cover Up." it looks good, but it did not appear to have much room to tuck your shirt down over the gun and holster. Am I wrong? Does your shirt stay tucked without too much hassle?

    Thanks.

    Ron

  13. #12
    Member Array Martini13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    140

    Blade-Tech UCH

    You might want to look at the Blade-Tech UCH on their website.

    I received one for my walther P99 40S&W two weeks ago. It's my first IWB and I'm very happy with it.

    Been using OWB for years, and I wish I tried this earlier. So comfortable I forget to take it off before going to bed.
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

  14. #13
    Distinguished Member Array Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Linn, Oregon
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini13 View Post
    You might want to look at the Blade-Tech UCH on their website.

    I received one for my walther P99 40S&W two weeks ago. It's my first IWB and I'm very happy with it.

    Been using OWB for years, and I wish I tried this earlier. So comfortable I forget to take it off before going to bed.
    Thanks. I looked at it on their website. Looks good. I couldn't tell, however, whether there is much room to tuck your shirt. Does your shirt stay tucked when you are active and moving around?

    Ron

  15. #14
    Member Array Martini13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    140
    Ron,

    I haven't used it with the shirt tucked in yet since it sweater/coat weather. However, it does seem to work a advertised.
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

  16. #15
    Distinguished Member Array Ron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    West Linn, Oregon
    Posts
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    I have a C-TAC IWB holster by Comp-Tac (for my Walther P99's) which is tuckable. I find the holster, made of kydex with a body shield, to be very comfortable. It is easy to put on and take off and the kydex material is reasonably thin.
    I called them, and, unfortunately, they are not yet making it for the compact P99. I am reluctant to get a holster not made to fit my model gun.

    Ron

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Walther PPS IWB tuckable options
    By mdottroy in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: December 30th, 2009, 01:15 PM
  2. Looking for IWB tuckable holster for LCP
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: September 30th, 2009, 06:35 AM
  3. Tuckable Mag Holster
    By ExactlyMyPoint in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: March 11th, 2008, 04:58 PM
  4. Tuckable IWB Holster for Walther PPS?
    By skybaum in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 15th, 2008, 08:19 AM
  5. Tuckable IWB Holster
    By COWBOYF550 in forum Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2007, 12:21 PM

Search tags for this page

concealed tuckable holsters for walther p99
,
iwb holster walther p99c as
,
p99 tuckable holster
,

thinnest tuckable holster

,
walther p99 holster iwb
,

walther p99 iwb holster

,
walther p99 iwb tuckable
,
walther p99 iwb tuckable holster
,
walther p99 tuckable holsters
,
walther p99c iwb holster
,
walther p99c iwb holster tuckable
,
walther p99c tuckable holster
Click on a term to search for related topics.