Sneaky Pete Holsters

Sneaky Pete Holsters

This is a discussion on Sneaky Pete Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am taking the CCL class in a few weeks so i am looking to get a CC holster. I have been looking at the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Sneaky Pete Holsters

Sneaky Pete Holsters

I am taking the CCL class in a few weeks so i am looking to get a CC holster. I have been looking at the Air Marshal 3, but I occasonally wear t-shirts as well. I ALWAYS tuck in my shirt unless wearing basketball shorts. (Yes i am OCD like that). Does anyone have real world experience with the Sneaky Pete Holster? My main concern is people, such as family members, asking if I got a new phone, tablet, etc. I don't want to have to outright lie about it. I'm not really interested in IWB. Thank you!
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

VIP Member
    I share your concern. I prefer that my daily carry not be presented in a fashion that begs a question.

If IWB is not an option, perhaps pocket carry may work for you. On the rare occasion that I tuck my shirt in, I'll often carry this in my right front trouser pocket:
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I share your concern. I prefer that my daily carry not be presented in a fashion that begs a question.

If IWB is not an option, perhaps pocket carry may work for you. On the rare occasion that I tuck my shirt in, I'll often carry this in my right front trouser pocket:
    I have thought of that, problem is my EDC will be the Shield 40. I tried putting in my pocket of the pants I wear everyday, (same type different pair) with out a pocket holster, and the gun was too large to fit. Even with the the flush mag.
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

TRX
    I saw one of the Sneaky Petes "in the wild" some months ago. An elderly gentleman at the hardware store was wearing one.

They're larger than I expected from the pictures, but they pretty much have to be. And given that modern cellular phones are becoming huge, I probably would have just passed it off as a phone case if I hadn't been looking at Sneaky Pete pictures not long before.

VIP Member
    There have been other threads about Sneaky Pete - here is the latest one I found: Sneaky Pete holsters for the shield? - you can find a lot on them with a search.

I haven't tried one, but it looks slow and kind of obvious. Have you tried IWB and don't like it? When I first started carrying I didn't think I could get used to IWB, but I adjusted to it faster than I thought and it is a far faster draw and easier to use. I really can't imagine carrying any differently now.

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    I saw one of the Sneaky Petes "in the wild" some months ago. An elderly gentleman at the hardware store was wearing one.

They're larger than I expected from the pictures, but they pretty much have to be. And given that modern cellular phones are becoming huge, I probably would have just passed it off as a phone case if I hadn't been looking at Sneaky Pete pictures not long before.
    I understand, but I already have a large phone (Galaxy S3) on my left, the SP would be on my right. I will either look like an ubergeek or batman.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    There have been other threads about Sneaky Pete - here is the latest one I found: Sneaky Pete holsters for the shield? - you can find a lot on them with a search.

I haven't tried one, but it looks slow and kind of obvious. Have you tried IWB and don't like it? When I first started carrying I didn't think I could get used to IWB, but I adjusted to it faster than I thought and it is a far faster draw and easier to use. I really can't imagine carrying any differently now.
    I know that most have a "drawer full of holsters" but money is kinda tight now due to vehicle problems, so i am trying to find one holster to start with. I just don't want to right now drop $60+ on a holster that i do not like.

Belly Band or ankle carry? Either will allow you to tuck in your shirt and IT'S NOT A SNEAKY PETE!!!!!
    techieccw likes this.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robhic View Post
    Belly Band or ankle carry? Either will allow you to tuck in your shirt and IT'S NOT A SNEAKY PETE!!!!!
    Agreed - the first holster I carried with regularly was a Pistol Wear holster. I was able to use it several different ways. I carried AIWB with dress clothes, which included a tucked in shirt. It worked very well and I still use this method of carry on occasion. I also use it at 3:30 - 4:00 with running shorts as well. I tried the 'shoulder holster' setup once, but did not like it. The PW holsters are fairly inexpensive to try. Just a thought.
    techieccw likes this.

Honestly, anyone who ever opened up a gun related magazine over the last two years knows what a Sneaky Pete is used for. So how concealed is it really?

I had a SP when I had a Beretta Tomcat. Even with that small gun the SP felt enormous and I felt everyone was looking at it. When I got rid of the Tomcat I gave Sneaky Pete to my son so he can carry marbles or Lego figures or whaterver.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Sneaky Pete's are sort of thought of as fanny packs around here. I have one with a Red Cross emblem glued on (I'm old). I wore it once with a regular 1 3/4" belt and it sagged. I bought a $ 70 Bull Hide gun belt to eliminate the sag, and it is too wide for the SP. So I gave up on wearing the SP and learned to like the IWB. It is really not that hard getting used to.
    ďA nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.Ē
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isnít an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

Distinguished Member
    IMO, there's nothing sneaky about them. People will ask about it, and you have already said you don't feel comfortable lying about it. Since money is a concern, I'd recommend trying an Alien Gear hybrid. Around $30, and they'll take it back in 30 days if it doesn't work out.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Pro
    They don't look very sneaky. I had a Coronado fanny pack in the early-mid 90s, and my firearm was probably better concealed as fanny packs were reasonably popular at the time. Carried my S&W Model 38 Bodyguard snub in that pack. Don't have the fanny pack anymore, but still own the "no lock" Model 38
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member
    Comm2A Supporter

Thanks for all the great info! Maybe i can get fanny packs to come back into style I will deffinatly look at the Pistol Wear Trump Card Concealment Holster and the Alien Gear holsters. I just have many reservations about IWB, comfort sitting as a i sit alot for my job and restroom use. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by techieccw View Post
    Thanks for all the great info! Maybe i can get fanny packs to come back into style I will deffinatly look at the Pistol Wear Trump Card Concealment Holster and the Alien Gear holsters. I just have many reservations about IWB, comfort sitting as a i sit alot for my job and restroom use. Thanks again!
    Why the reservations about IWB? What do you shoot? I'm quite comfortable with my XDs in my Alien, and others here with compact and semi-compacts Glocks, S&Ws, Beretta's and other popular models are quite happy with IWB carry. It does take a bit to get use to. Ever put your wallet in the opposite back pocket you are use to? Feels humongous when you do. When its in the normal pocket, you barely notice it. Same with IWB carry. Once you get use to it, you barely notice it. That is of course you have big 1911 or something.

an alien gear possibly with suspenders "depending on carry gun" and pants a size larger than usual is VERY comfortable. I have 3 IWB holsters of this type, one White hat, one old faithful and one aliengear The aliengear is the best value for the money. Weapons that fit in these holsters range from a 1911, a Bersa Thunder 40 "same holster two shells" .357 snub, and Bersa BP9CC. all very comfy.
    I use Perry suspenders btw, and you definitely want a GOOD belt. That'll cost you much more than the Aliengear holster.
    Old Sarge likes this.
    A 1911 is Not an obsession, it's simply a recognition that it's THE Gun. :-) All others are runner ups. And hey, if all else fails, aim for the nose and fling it to knock out your foe. Let's see y'all do that with a kel-Tec. ;-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links