Need recommendations on a Kydex/IWB/tuckable holster

This is a discussion on Need recommendations on a Kydex/IWB/tuckable holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm going to be buying a new carry gun soon (been saving my pennies) and I need to have a tuckable IWB holster. It also ...

Thread: Need recommendations on a Kydex/IWB/tuckable holster

I'm going to be buying a new carry gun soon (been saving my pennies) and I need to have a tuckable IWB holster. It also needs to be all-kydex. I really prefer the "major" or "big name" holster manufacturers. For example, I am thinking of getting the Blade Tech Eclipse with the IWB S-hook conversion kit to make it IWB and tuckable. That way I also have the option for OWB if I ever want to do that (which I do rarely, but sometimes with my current carry gun). I really would prefer to stay away from leather. I just prefer kydex, so let me know what you guys think and your experiences and information with different holsters of this type. Thanks guys!

If I decide to buy an all kydex holster in the future (I'm pretty happy with my King Tuk for now), two I've been looking at are the Blade Tech Eclipse and the Raven Concealment Phantom. Although I would want them for OWB, I think both of them come with IWB tuckable attachments. It looks like you've already looked at the Eclipse, and the RCS Phantom has optional leather snap-button loops for tuckable IWB.

Check out Gunner's Custom Holsters, I have 2 of his J-Hook trigger guard holsters, I like minimal Kydex. Retention is real good and he does outstanding work.

If it's a 1911, I'd take a look at this. G6 - Garrett Industries, LLC

Look at Vedder light-tuck. I have one and it is a VERY good holster: Adjustable retention and adjustable cant and molded EXACTLY to your gun. Thin Kydex but very sturdy. I bought mine on Amazon. Here is the Vedder web site for the lighttuck:
    Vedder Holsters LightTuck Kydex IWB Holster

I originally said in this post that the new blade tech designs were bulky and uncomfortable. I see now that they DO still make the slim IWB tension-adjustable holsters with the leather straps like the really old one I've had for years!
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; October 1st, 2014 at 12:22 AM.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Check out Garrett Industries Holsters. I just got my first one a few months back for my S&W 686 and will be buying one for my Defender sized 1911 very shortly. Well molded and leather lined. The quality and fit was outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by crusade View Post
    I'm going to be buying a new carry gun soon (been saving my pennies) and I need to have a tuckable IWB holster. It also needs to be all-kydex. I really prefer the "major" or "big name" holster manufacturers. For example, I am thinking of getting the Blade Tech Eclipse with the IWB S-hook conversion kit to make it IWB and tuckable. That way I also have the option for OWB if I ever want to do that (which I do rarely, but sometimes with my current carry gun). I really would prefer to stay away from leather. I just prefer kydex, so let me know what you guys think and your experiences and information with different holsters of this type. Thanks guys!
    Buy one of these,IMO the most comfortable IWB on the market. You will NOT be disappointed.

https://n82tactical.com/store
    "If You Carry, Always Carry."
    "Donít Carry If You Arenít Prepared To Use It."
    "Donít Let The Gun Make You Reckless."
    "Use Common Sense !"
    Mas Ayoob
    EDC- Ruger SP101 3" 357 mag., N82 Holster

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    Look at Vedder light-tuck. I have one and it is a VERY good holster: Adjustable retention and adjustable cant and molded EXACTLY to your gun. Thin Kydex but very sturdy. I bought mine on Amazon. Here is the Vedder web site for the lighttuck:
    Vedder Holsters LightTuck Kydex IWB Holster

Used to buy blade tech but their new designs are incredibly bulky and not a bit user-friendly, at least not for this shooter.
    Looks like a copy of the FoxX Trapp with the exception of adjustable retention on the Vedder. The Vedder is about $10 more. I really like my FoxX, does anyone have experience with both and can provide a comparison?

Here is my video review of the FoxX Trapp.

Dgunnut

Quote Originally Posted by crusade View Post

I have a Blade Tech UCH. It works well. Kydex, IWB and tuckable.

I now you said big names but do yourself a favor and check out rubicontactical.com. I've had 3. Great company and great product. Inexpensive and fast shipping.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by 357MagMan View Post
    Buy one of these,IMO the most comfortable IWB on the market. You will NOT be disappointed.

https://n82tactical.com/store
    Check this OUT,,, Really !
    No Part of Firearm Ever Touches Your Body.

N82.jpg
    "If You Carry, Always Carry."
    "Donít Carry If You Arenít Prepared To Use It."
    "Donít Let The Gun Make You Reckless."
    "Use Common Sense !"
    Mas Ayoob
    EDC- Ruger SP101 3" 357 mag., N82 Holster

Sponsored Links