Vehicle Carry

Vehicle Carry

This is a discussion on Vehicle Carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for a way to keep a gun handy in the vehicle while I am driving. I am not looking for a safe. ...

Thread: Vehicle Carry

Question Vehicle Carry

I am looking for a way to keep a gun handy in the vehicle while I am driving. I am not looking for a safe. I want something that is more comfortable than being seated with an IWB holster.

I use the ACE Car Holster from Smartcarry. It is a velcro holster with a velcro pad placed on the car. You can also get extra velcro pads for the other cars or in your house.

It works very well for me.

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Las Vegas NV
    When I wear my Sig Tac vest, I'll have my XD 45 on my hip, and my Glock 26 in the left side pocket inside (in a Nemesis pocket holster). I can draw the Glock easily in a car, the same can't be said of my XD 45 in an IWB holster.

Fobus paddle holster (paddle removed) bolted in.

Thumbs up Best use of a Fobus yet

Dude that is the best use of a Fobus holster yet. I like it alot.Keep the registration and Insurance in glove box and the cops would never know.Unless they had probable cause ..............nough said

Central FL
    Car Jacker Crossdraw from
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

For me being lefthanded in shooting it poses an issue. What I do when in my vehicle is put it in a spare nylon holster and put it between my seat and center console. It's pretty secure there, and I can get to it quick if need be.

Colorado Springs, CO

If you don't protect your self, who will?

Amazing...I did the same thing with a Fobus about six months ago. It works great in my console. I usually put my G19 or G26 in it to be more comfortable driving or if I have to go in a building where I can't legally carry. I thought I invented it!
    "Take what you have with what you are, make something of it, and never be satisfied." G.W. Carver

Funny you should ask. Just this evening I was trying to figure out how I was going to carry on long trips. My XD-45 in my Uncle Mike's IWB holster at 5:30 is OK for a few hours--I've gone up to three hours straight with it on, and over six hours in a single day--but it does start to dig into my back after a while plus it is hard to draw from that position.

I dug out the shoulder holster I bought in Sarajevo (when I was carrying a Beretta M9) and my Springfield M1911 fits in it pretty well, so for those long trips I plan to have it in addition to my XD (you can never be too prepared). I can easily draw from it if someone comes up to the car.

The only thing is I need to have a jacket or something on while I am wearing it, otherwise it is way too obvious!

Cheers! M2
    Last edited by M2; January 25th, 2007 at 11:16 PM.

VIP Member
    You might want to take a look at Mark Garrity's C&D Crossdraw holster at the bottom of this page.

Here is my review of mine.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Eastern Arkansas
    One of the best holsters for in a vehicle, shoulder holster, or a cross draw IMHO.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links