straps or holster?

straps or holster?

This is a discussion on straps or holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i asked on here about iwb carry of my 4 inch barrel service six, even tho no one responded i have decided to try it ...

Thread: straps or holster?

straps or holster?

i asked on here about iwb carry of my 4 inch barrel service six, even tho no one responded i have decided to try it and need one last help on it. i am on a tight budget so i try to save when i can, so here is my question. i already have a couple pancake holsters, should i buy the straps to turn them into a iwb holster?, or get a complete iwb holster? the straps are $15 where a holster is $25-$50, thanks for your help.

Get a N82 original model holster for it. You can thank me later
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Get a N82 original model holster for it. You can thank me later
    they don't make a holster for my gun

Buy a holster

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boomer92266 View Post
    they don't make a holster for my gun
    It's my understanding their original model is semi universal. The pro models are Kydex formed, but the others are essentially an elastic band. I bet if you give them a call they can help you out.

ETA: I'm a fan of White Hat holsters. I've had a couple of them and love them. They do some revolver models and start at $45. Again, a phone call may get you what you need.

http://www.whitehatholsters.com/
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

Distinguished Member Array denclaste's Avatar
    It depends on the design of the pancake holster. Some will work as IWB's others, not so much. If you're simply just trying out the idea of CCing that pistol and aren't certain you will continue to CC it, go for the straps until you are certain its what you want to do. If you decide, ok I like this, then order the best leather IWB holster you can afford and a quality belt to support the rig. A quality belt is the most important thing to start with. It holds the gun up.

Sponsored Links