Mika Pocket Holsters

Mika Pocket Holsters

This is a discussion on Mika Pocket Holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm planning on getting a Mika pocket holster for my new S&W 642. I will be primarily carrying in jeans. Should I get the square ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Mika Pocket Holsters

Mika Pocket Holsters

I'm planning on getting a Mika pocket holster for my new S&W 642. I will be primarily carrying in jeans. Should I get the square cut or round cut holster?

Administrator
    Whats the bottom of your pockets look like? Turn your jeans inside out and look at the pockets. Round or square bottoms?
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I bought both and use them in different pants depending on how the pockets are designed.
    NRA Instructor

I use the round-bottom Mika for my Wrangler and Levis. Also works well with Docker's khakis.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I initially bought both but never use the square cut. The round one works just fine in all my pants.

Distinguished Member
    I know Robert because I have ordered a lot of his holsters. I always got the round cut but my new pants' pockets are straight across and slant toward my inseam. A square cut would now be better as the round cut can shift to either side of the pocket depending on how big the gun is.

Just turn your pants inside out and take a look at the bottom of the pocket. If it is square, get a square cut. The round cut is more versatile as it fits jacket pockets, etc..

I have lots of pocket holsters since I mostly pocket carry anything from a .380 to a .45. Mike holsters are the only ones that ALWAYS stay in my pocket when I draw my gun without having to do anything to make the holster stay put. For the money, it is a bargain.
    Ivan and Sher Khan like this.
    The chief danger in life is that you may take too many precautions. - Alfred Adler

Quote Originally Posted by rdunawaytx View Post
    I'm planning on getting a Mika pocket holster for my new S&W 642. I will be primarily carrying in jeans. Should I get the square cut or round cut holster?
    round

Mika holsters are the only ones that ALWAYS stay in my pocket when I draw my gun without having to do anything to make the holster stay put. For the money, it is a bargain.
    I prefer his round holsters for my j-frames and DS. Excellent quality from a class-act gentleman.

KoB
    I have one of each...excellent holsters!

I've got one on order for my LCR, and am anxiously checking the mailbox every day.

Ordered one from him today. Within 15 minutes of my order I had a phone message from him thanking me for the order.

I have two of the round ones as I feel round is less likely to cut a hole in my pocket.
    An armed society is a polite society--Robert Heinlein via The Guru
    You cannot invade the United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass--Admiral Isoruku Yamamoto, IJN

I just got a Mika round bottom holster, in the mail, Friday, for my LCR. So far, I like it. Time will tell. It fits well in my cargo pocket.

I've carried my 642 for years in a round cut Mika. For the times when my pocket is a bit shallower or has more of a square cut, I use a Desantis Nemesis. Both to the job just fine.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by rdunawaytx View Post
    Ordered one from him today. Within 15 minutes of my order I had a phone message from him thanking me for the order.
    Old thread, I know...but ordered one of his pocket holsters today for my snubs, and got a call back confirming the order very quickly...even though today is a Sunday!

Unfortunately his wait time is about 4 weeks, but I have other holsters to use in the meanwhile.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links