Sig People.... Help Me!

Sig People.... Help Me!

This is a discussion on Sig People.... Help Me! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK........ Save me here..... save me from being one of those folks with a box of holsters that don't get used!! Here is what I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig People.... Help Me!

Sig People.... Help Me!

OK........ Save me here..... save me from being one of those folks with a box of holsters that don't get used!!

Here is what I have and here is what I need........ I'm calling on personal experience from everyone out there. This is for concealed carry.

Sig P239

I have a Bianchi Model 100 – Professional™ IWB Holster
    So far it's OK..... but I can't find the "perfect" spot for hours of carry.
    I am guessing if I got jeans one inch bigger in the waist it would make a world of difference??

This gun carries fine in my SigTac coat. (Awesome coat BTW)

Sig P220 Carry

OK... this is one I fell in love with with the shorter slide...... but it is a heavy one and for IWB I'm just not feeling it here. At times I wish I wouldn't have bought it, but it is such a tackdriver and so much fun to shoot that I'll never get rid of it. Plus, I kinda have always been a fan of the 45ACP for SD.
    I have NO holster for this one yet. It carries ok in the SigTac coat..... but it's almost like you need a counter balance on the other side! (I know, I know... I'm starting to get the itch for a .38 snubby)

Anyway....... here we go. I need real world advise from the mistakes you all have made in holster buying. Pass your knowledge on to me if you would.

I usually wear my shirts untucked...... especially in the summer. I guess I am starting to wonder if I might use an OWB holster more.
    Are there some good OWB holsters that would tuck these guns in close to me so as not to print to bad..... AND be comfortable....And a loose shirt would cover them up just fine? I like good quality leather but I don't want to spend big $$ on some custom job.
    It gets kinda overwhelming looking at holster selections........ my eyes start to spin and they all start looking the same. My main concern is to get a good holster so that I can start to carry the P220C more often. If I find an awesome OWB holster for it, I am guessing I can get the same model to fit the P239. I guess some of your advise on any good belts you've found work the best would be appreciated too.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions......

JP
    Sig P239
    Sig P238
    Glock 17
    Glock 36
    S&W 60
    WHAT ELSE COULD YOU ASK FOR?

Assistant Administrator
    I hate IWB

OK - that's out of the way - and I am OWB only, always have been apart from sho rig in early carry days at times.

I keep my 226 ST EDC (or 220, or 228 even if need be) in my Eagle Defender by K&D. I don't even cinch my belt up to the limit and yet the gun holds in plenty tight enough for me. Now and again I might tighten one notch if cover garment less than ideal.

I reckon to feel the grips just touching my lower rib but not harsh pressure.

I have some pics if need be - but IMO a good custom OWB will hold gun in plenty tight enough - only downside if indeed it need be a downside - is that the bottom of rig shows if clothes too short. Not a prob' in my case however.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I carry a P239 and use various methods, but I recommend getting something of good quality I prefer leather and use Taurisano alot. His In the Pants holster ia simple timeless design that works well

Administrator
    My opinion is that if you are wearing shirts untucked anyway...(as do I) then OWB should absolutely be yer first choice rather than IWB.

Make sure that you buy a good stiff Gun Belt. That is SO important to distribute the weight of the firearm.

Any high quality Concealment holster by a good top maker should do the trick.

The P220 is a favorite of mine and it's not difficult to carry OWB.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member
    I carry my 220 in a UBG holster and it is real comfortable, even for IWB. I had a Galco h519t summer special style IWB for it and it was ok for short periods of time, but was uncomfortable for all day carry and didn't hold it firm as does the UBG one. I think the placement of the belt loops so close together on the Galco was what the difference is, UBG holster (striker 2) separates the loops considerablebly and for me that helps, doesn't feel so bunched up like the Galco, better balanced with the gun in the middle. Nate @ UBG has made me one for my 229 also, both guns are about the same dimensions, the 220 is a little heavier, both are easy to conceal for me.
    IWB or OWB, you will have to decide what works for you, I thought that I would never like IWB till I tried it, but like QK says, a good belt is a MUST! The best holster out there won't help if you have a lousy belt! Good luck in your search for the "perfect" holster for you!
    RKBA

John

VIP Member
    My everyday carry pistols are SIG P239s. 9mm is used for work and away from home more formal settings. 357SIG I carry around the house and when jeans are the wear. The exception to the rule is that the .357SIG is the appropriate piece if I am wearing a suit or sport coat. Why the difference? Because of the different holsters. Take a look at this thread and you will see each of them.

I recommend them highly.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I love sigs and I love glocks I absolutly hate IWB.I love my Gary Brommeland holster its a Def-Con (owb).It is the best holster I have ever wore period.I can cover my pistol with a t-shirt and not print.It is etremely comfortable however you must have a GUN BELT a cheap belt will not work no matter what kind of holster you use.If I would've purchased one of Garys holsters 2 years ago I would have saved a lot of time and money.Give him a call he is a great guy to do buisness with,if I ever get a new carry gun it will be rideing in one of his holsters.It is well worth the wait.I hope this helps.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    I don't know how people wear OWB concealled without wearing pretty long shirts. OWB, in general, is more comfortable than IWB. It's a trade-off, because if you can tolerate it, IWB is easier to conceal. A good IWB in the right place, can be very comfortable, even on 12+ hour days. I'm not saying it's for everyone, just that if you find a comfortable spot for IWB, it's going to conceal easier.

As has been mentioned, a good belt is important. Many of the custom holster guys also make belts. I imagine they're by & large pretty good. I don't know personally, but many on this forum talk highly of "The beltman."

What you're asking is so subjective. You mentioned you didn't want to pay extra $ for a custom holster. If you find a type of carry you like (IWB or OWB), you'll probably end up saving $ in the long run if you just go for a custom holster. There are some that are costly, but many of them are maybe double what you paid for that Bianchi. In fact I have the same holster you have for my Kahr PM9...& it's sitting in an old clothes basket with a bunch of other holsters collecting dust.
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

Here's a pic of my 239 in a High Noon Slideguard. I like the comfort, but it's hard for me to reholster because the mouth isn't reinforced.

I prefer my Comp-Tac paddle holster for my 229, and usually wear it with an untucked cover shirt.

With a vest or sport coat, I wear the 239 with either a Comp-Tac Gurkha IWB, or my Milt Sparks 55BN OWB.

This is helping me a bunch so far folks.

Thanks and keep the replies coming!

JP
    Sig P239
    Sig P238
    Glock 17
    Glock 36
    S&W 60
    WHAT ELSE COULD YOU ASK FOR?

JPP: our Sig experience so far is similar. I bought a 229 (.40SW) recently that I quickly grew really to like--the feel, the action and the company. It's a little heavy for me to carry often, and I don't have a holster for it yet, although it fits well in my SigTac jacket. Today, I got a 239 (also in .40). I got a DeSantis leather Speed Scabbard at the same time, as they had a Left Handed one, but I'm thinking about other possiblities, so I'll look for any news you share on this forum.

btw, I looked on the High Noon site a bit ago and am thinking of ordering the yaqui slide they have on sale. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I hate IWB
    I must agree with Chris. I too am no fan of IWB carry. I never have been but I recently lost a lot of weight and I have found that my hips / waist area is now less padded and more bony and carrying IWB is very uncomfortable.

For those reasons, I carry OWB all the time. I like Kydex holsters and for the sheer inexpensiveness of it, I use Fobus holsters for all of my guns. I carry in right hand paddle holsters. In fact, i find them to not only be much more comfortable than a belt holster or any IWB holster I have ever worn, but I find that the paddle adds considerably to the stability of the holster. It does not jiggle or wobble on the belt. It stays where I put it and rides very well. Even if I wear it all day while walking or driving. There is no problem.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I carry my P229SAS in a Hume PCH along with their double mag carrier. Nice setup for the cost. Some folks like IWB, which I have no problem with. I am looking for an OWB holster that rides high and tight with the proper cant. I have yet to find anything that fits the bill, so if you guys have an idea there, I am open to hear. I need a new holster soon, as my Kimber Ultra Raptor II is getting ready to start wearing leather now, and it is going OWB if possible.
    I know, I know, you are smarter than me..just ask you..

Assistant Administrator
    Forgive the pic showing my old crap belt but this Eagle Defender with my EDC 226 is just great. High enough, tight to body and cant about ideal. I run this about 3.00 to 3.30 and have no real printing probs .... making sure when bending fwd of course!

See how tight in it is, even with old belt not fully cinched!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I bought a Milt sparks VM2 for my P239 a few years ago and I have never looked back!They are a perfect marriage IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links