KP944

This is a discussion on KP944 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Like a few of us here having the same weapon, I've experienced a bad and a major good. (BAD) Just a month after getting my ...

Thread: KP944

KP944

Like a few of us here having the same weapon, I've experienced a bad and a major good. (BAD) Just a month after getting my KP944 my slide spring retainer clip popped off at the range ( I go to the range alot!). Nothing major cause all it does is retain the 2 springs for dissasembly/cleaning but like the others that have posted. (good) I called Ruger and in the mail today are 3 spring retainer clips. No question!.... Awesome service from Ruger but I just hope its not a VERY common occurence, cause I just love this pistol!
    Also, 2 weeks ago I ordered a Don Hume 721 w/thumb break and then got a wild hair and ordered a Garrity Stead Fast. I cant wait for them to arrive... I'm expecting the DH very shortly but I have to wait 6-8 weeks for the Garrity to arrive (hense why I ordered one in stock!) Originally, when my wife bought me the .40 I didnt have a holster for it so the only one that the dealer had was a Uncle Mikes. Good Holster but definatley not what I want to conceal carry. Go Ruger! Plus awesome customer service from both Don Hume and Mark Garrity, both either calling or emailing me to ensure I got what I wanted for my Ruger!
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

2. Remove Ads

I have a p-944 and had the same thing happen. Like you I had a positive response from Ruger. In fact they just sent me the entire guide rod/spring assembly. Unfortunately the very next range session the clip fell off again. I decided to forget about it since as you pointed out I has nothing to do with the functioning of the weapon. Just have to be extra carefull during dissasembly so things don't go flying. I also have a P-95 and never had a problem for over 3 years, but recently the same thing happened to it. So unfortunately I do think this is somewhat of a common problem with Ruger autos.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

Links