IWB Holster Clip Bent Outwards

This is a discussion on IWB Holster Clip Bent Outwards within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everybody, I have a quick question that I was hoping someone could answer for me. I carry my Glock 26 in an IWB holster ...

Thread: IWB Holster Clip Bent Outwards

Hello everybody, I have a quick question that I was hoping someone could answer for me. I carry my Glock 26 in an IWB holster (Bianchi Professional 100) and I somehow managed to bend the clip outwards. It still holds the gun in place just fine but it's a bit loose and sometimes when I draw my gun the holster comes out with it. Not ideal right? I was wondering if anybody else has done this and if so what can I do to fix it? I'm going to buy a new holster anyways but I still have to use this one until I do. I used the search function but I couldn't find another thread with a similar question. Thank you in advance for the replies.

How hard did you pull on the clip to get it to stay bent??? My preferred mode of carry is a clippy type holster and I also have made a few out of leather myself. All the clips I have ever had took some serious force to bend a reasonable amount let alone enough to make it stay out of position. You could probably just bend it back and be ok but I'm doubting the workmanship on the clip its self and would be concerned about it possibly breaking.

I say that's a holster from your description will get you in trouble, if it does not say in place its not a holster its a danger.

Do to the design of the holster it may be possible to slide the clip out of the sewn in clip pocket and then using two needle nose plyers one on each side of the clip at the top bend try to bend it back though once the clip is sprung it becomes weak in that area.

I would get my new holster ASAP if it were me.

Good Luck !
    II Timothy 1:7 God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind.

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

If you can't remove the clip, can you put a small drill bit in the bend and press the clip closed with pliers?
    You may need to use a larger drill bit (bending a small distance from the original bend) to get fully closed.
    There is no possession limit on Opinions. Take as many as you want!

Sponsored Links