Ranger Gunleather

This is a discussion on Ranger Gunleather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone heard from Greg at Ranger, I've email him a couple of times about an order and have recieved no response. I see at least ...

Thread: Ranger Gunleather

Ranger Gunleather

Anyone heard from Greg at Ranger, I've email him a couple of times about an order and have recieved no response. I see at least he's not taking any more orders. Mike Z
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.'' Warren vs District of Columbia

2. Remove Ads

On January 15th. I received this auto responce to my inquiry for an update on my holster.

Due to the amount of time my job requires me to be away from home at the moment,
    I am not taking new orders and will probably be slow to return emails.

I am working to clear up the backlog of orders and decide on the future of the
    business, all orders will be filled no exceptions. I am away on business 5-6
    days a week at present and may resume taking orders.
    I ordered on 12/9/06. Greg told me 5-6 weeks possibly sooner at that time. That means this Sat 2/3/07 will be two weeks beyond his ETA.

He has not returned email from Jan 23 rd.

I can deal with delays. I just get frustrated with not knowing. Especially when he charged my credit card at the time I ordered.

I'll wait a while longer before I see what steps I can take. I've read somewhere on this forum that Greg is involved in Homeland Security. It's quite possible the man is legitimately too busy to get back to us.
    'The assailant chooses the time, location and method of attack.

Since they are unlikely to let you know ahead of time when, where and how violent they're going to be, you should always be prepared.' - matiki

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    I ordered on 10 25 06. Still waiting. I received the same email you did Stoneypete. Did get an email on the 12/15 that my stuff should go out on the next Monday or Tuesday. ???????
    Last edited by Gunnutty; February 1st, 2007 at 06:22 PM. Reason: Wrong date

I also ordered mine in early December and paid upfront. I am willing to wait longer than originally told, but a little communication goes a long way. Mike Z
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.'' Warren vs District of Columbia

I ordered and paid for mine on 11 Dec 07-not a word heard.
    Dave

I'm in the same boat, he is well past due on the delivery date I was told. Have heard nothing more than what he posted on his website.
    I've already paid for this thing, but have no idea when or if this holster will ever come. No replies to my email either. My last word to him, was if it has NOT already been made, cancel the order & kindly refund my money. I'm still waiting for ANY reply. This is NOT the way to run a business. VERY sour taste this is leaving.
    Last edited by sass20485; February 5th, 2007 at 05:44 PM.

For what it's worth

I ordered a holster from Greg during the beginning of December. After reading this post, I figured I would send an email. I PM'ed him via the CC forum maybe two days ago, and tonight he emailed me back letting me know that although he is backlogged, he is trying his best to work thru his list.

For what it's worth, I've waited much longer for holsters from other maker's. In fact, I should be getting an order next week that was originally placed last March.

IMHO, I agree completely with the need of someone doing business to stay in touch with those people who are your customers, but maybe we should cut Greg a little slack? I for one, know that I have had unforeseeable complications in my life leading to delayed work schedules.

Just trying to see it from the other side...

Greg has not responded to ANY of my messages, although I've been waiting since November, when I was told 3weeks would be the max. wait time. I no longer want this holster, I specifically ordered it because of the expected delivery time. We are 2 solid months past that and NO word on status. I've emailed to cancel and refund my $$ please. Still no word, no refund or holster. I can understand that things happen, but this is NOT the way to run a business. Have your customer pay for something, then just let them sit back to hope and pray you'll some day eventually deliver it. If he told me at the time I placed my order he did not know when he could actually get around to it, fine, I'd make my decision at that time, if those terms were acceptable. But, this is NOT COOL.
    Last edited by sass20485; February 9th, 2007 at 04:48 PM.

VIP Member
    There is a closed thread in Members Buy, Sell and Trade that addresses this subject. It states that Greg took a job that immediately shipped him to the Mexican border for a period of time. He has also had to undergo some training and from what I understand has been working six days a week. It is entirely possible that he has been in a situation where he can neither receive nor send email. We have now received word that he is in fact working to get the orders out. As to a way to run a business, I think that Greg knows this and that is the reason he quit taking orders. The lack of communication while troubling, could be something over which he has no control for the most part. Of course responding to every email might slow down your receiving your holster.

I am going to close this thread because continuing to complain about what hasn't happened does not change a thing and adds nothing to the discussion.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Links